1st Question-New Quantum

Jaymz81

Project QL Intern
Sep 27, 2006
Hey there, I have heard that they are currently making a new quantum leap series in which sams daughter is sent leaping to try and find her dad...It also stars dean stockwell and scott bakula, It says it is starting in 06' but as we are nearing the end of the year I haver to know, When does it begin?? Does anyone know??

i don´t think a new QL series would be that succesfull like the original, but it would be nice too see scott and dean as team on the tv.

cu safir

safir said:
i don´t think a new QL series would be that succesfull like the original, but it would be nice too see scott and dean as team on the tv.

cu safir

I agree, it would not have the same good ole Quantum Leap feel to it, and personally I dont think Sammy Jo would be a very popular charactor at all. I think everyone would perfer to see good ole Sam, and something where he makes it home.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
I agree, it would not have the same good ole Quantum Leap feel to it, and personally I dont think Sammy Jo would be a very popular charactor at all. I think everyone would perfer to see good ole Sam, and something where he makes it home.

it where nice to quantum leap back into 1989 to have that feeling again.^^ :bow

cu safir

ok where is it then????? They said the summer of 2006,and now we have octomber:p WHERE IS THE B****Y SHOW??? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I don´t know. I would like to see the old style from QL, but i think, thats immpossible. we´ll have to wait to know more :baby

cu safir

I don't think the lady leaping thing would work because she would be leaping into guys but she would have her own body strength.But on the other hand if she Has female love interests this show would get the ratings.:hurray:

LOL. Indeed, it would. I'm so torn on this one... Sam or Sammy Jo. Geez. No question I would prefer Dr. Sam to ANYONE else Leaping. And while remakes generally do not take home prizes, I believe this show has the potential to succeed... it is timeless. Great writing and dramatic storytelling can go a long way in bringing fans new and old to a brand new QL. And if, by chance, Scott cannot or will not reprise his role, then the Sammy Jo idea has merit if handled properly. Not sure how the Leaping into men thing could be handled, but at least it would not have to happen often... or maybe not at all? As I recall, I believe from "Trilogy," it is told that Sammy Jo could possibly bring him home. Well, wouldn't you think she could control Leaping a bit better, too? Maybe? Even controlling her Leaps, she would still have to find her Dad... and touch him first, right? So there are many ways this could go, but it could go... if someone would give it a chance for Pete's sake.

as a tv movie I mightn give it a chance but as a new series, yukola, although my best friend will probably make me give it a chance, shes good at that. In fact thats how I descovered QL at all.