Long time...

Orianna

Project QL Intern
Oct 9, 2006
Tennessee
I haven't really been on this forum before, but I used to know some folks from the alt.newsgroup, several years ago. (Vikki, Chris DeFillipis, Gooshie, Vikki's mom... any of y'all around?)

Back then I was working on my QL fanfic novella. Now I'm doing research for the sequel, which is why I signed up. Gotta ask some questions of knowledgable folks. :D

Welcome from the resident :wacko Brit.

Ask away, I'm sure someone here is knowledeable enough to answer any and all of your questions, or at least to have a good guess.

Since you are a writer, perhaps we can recruit you to submit for the Virtual Seasons.

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't think I can help out with the virtual seasons, because I have an entire series of my own to write! It started with a novella that took about seven years to write... *cringe* ...and I really ought to go back and revise it (again!), since I finished it before my writing skills were honed. Part two is a short story that's almost done, but then I need to write several more short stories showing various leaps, or maybe a novella that touches on all the leaps instead. Then comes the bulk of the storyline -- a two or three part novel packed with twists and turns. I have it all mapped out and detailed, but now I actually have to write it. Add to this the "Phantom of the Opera" novel I'm currently working on... :nut I'm overwhelmed!

Orianna said:
Thanks for the welcome!

I don't think I can help out with the virtual seasons, because I have an entire series of my own to write! It started with a novella that took about seven years to write... *cringe* ...and I really ought to go back and revise it (again!), since I finished it before my writing skills were honed. Part two is a short story that's almost done, but then I need to write several more short stories showing various leaps, or maybe a novella that touches on all the leaps instead. Then comes the bulk of the storyline -- a two or three part novel packed with twists and turns. I have it all mapped out and detailed, but now I actually have to write it. Add to this the "Phantom of the Opera" novel I'm currently working on... :nut I'm overwhelmed!

I know the feeling well. The second story in my 5 story arc took me nearly 12 years to finish! (and no 5 is still in the pipeline)
And as for rewriting early work - haven't we all done that? I know my style has changed a great deal since I started, and I look back at some of the early stuff and think 'did I really used to write like that'?

Please let us know when you have finished these works, and where we can read them.

I just recently found this site and am loving it! It's great to see how in-depth everything is! Fantastic! I'm trying to find all the fanfictions and radio series and everything to be up to date. It's mind blowing how much effort everyone has put into this board! You have my appreciation and awe.
~Quantum Leaper07