Mathematics

Uhum uhum uhum ... yes, let me babble, I so love babbling I just can't Stoooooooooop ! :help:lol*L*

Maybe I should become a professor....8o:p

Ah good, Thanks Ohboy, no I don't feel so alone in babble land :) ;)
How do we turn this back into maths ?

Ohhhhh Math yikes! I use to be very bad in that area I took algebra I think in the 10th grade and I got an F in that class. LOL OhBoy I wish I knew what Physics was LOL It could be a real challange for me to find something like that on the net and try it but I know I'll fail it :( lol

Hmm.
How did this one go...

You put a mechanic in a locked cell with a closed tin can of food, he hits the thing with something hard until it opens. You put an engineer (like and engineering engineer not an engine engineer) in the room and he sits, thinks, does a few quick caclulations, puts the can against the wall, kicks it a few times and it opens. You put in a physicist. He scribbles on the walls and calculates, calculates, calculates, kicks the can once, it bounces from wall to wall and lands, perfectly open. You put in a mathematician . He ignores the can and scribbles almost all walls full. Eventually, he stops with a satisfied smile and exclaims "the solution converges!" (as in : there exists a solution the this problem)

Alyssa, you missed out on a lot of fun. I blame it on your teacher :)
You can't really fail btw! You'll just have to start at the start.
No failing involved. :D
I mean, if you have an exam you can 'fail ' the exam, but if you study because you want to even looking at it or reading something is a success!:hurray:

I guess that for me, I did well in math ("B"s to "A"s), but I never could conjure a great deal of interest in it. But I agree with Jassian, Aslyssa, that there needs to be motivation, and teacher should help try to instill that motivation in students (my motivation was to getting a good GPA, not really learning math 8o).

Motavation might have been the factor with me back then :lol Who know I might not have been into it back then omg that was like 15 years ago 8o I do see your point there if the teacher had motivated me I might would have gotten a B at least not an F :( LOL I so agree with OhBoy those teachers needs to try and make math more fun maybe put some kind of spice into it :lol

Didn't your maths teacher ever use diagrams?

Graphs? Venn Diagrams? Shapes?

What a member of Al-Gebra he turned out to be ...

Simply put, Venn diagrams are two or more circles that overlap. Circle A has one list, and circle B has another list. For example, if A= Orange items, and B= Fruits, then the the center circle that is an overlap of the other two would have an Orange, or something like that. Get it?

Like this one?

SometimesY_Thumbnail.gif

And I honestly don't remember any math teachers of mine using diagrams. I honestly don't remember much about math at all...

Like this one?

SometimesY_Thumbnail.gif

And I honestly don't remember any math teachers of mine using diagrams. I honestly don't remember much about math at all...

Yes, that is a perfect example. The red circle contains vowels, the yellow circle contains non-vowels, and the middle circle contain a word that can or cannot be used as a vowel.

Don't be fooled, though. I still don't know a lot about math. :lol

A cool thanks!

I always liked them.
So odd that there'sa cross between vowels and consonants in english.. confusing *L*

Well chicken boo, maybe if they had it would have been more fun.
I loved drawing things especially in geometry. Did you draw stuff in geometry?

I never drew things in geometry, mostly because I never took geometry, but I did have to take statistics, and we had to draw out bell curves by hand. I was so terrible, that mine always looked like plateau curves instead. :rolleyes

I remember drawing triangles. That was fun. I was really good at drawing cubes, too.

Oh, and in Geometry, there was a whole chapter on Slope. I was a bad student and erased all the "e"s from "slope" in that chapter of the book. (Actually, I was bored in school. I didn't like it at all.)

Got them. :)
And I need your availability for next week. I'm intending to film then :)
Sorry for the off topic eh

E=mc² that's maths and physics ;)