Anyone Published?

systemcat said:
Helen! I haven't seen you around for a while, where have yuh been :D ?

Lurking! :heybaby
Seriously, real life has been impinging big time, and I've been busy working on several stories simultaneously.
Nice to know I've been missed though.

You know what, "leaper1", I think that I may try that. I do get a lot of scenes I can think of, but I never seem to put them in a coherent order. Thanks for the advice :).

ohboy said:
You know what, "leaper1", I think that I may try that. I do get a lot of scenes I can think of, but I never seem to put them in a coherent order. Thanks for the advice :).

You are more than welcome.
We writers all support each other here.

Writing is in my blood really. My mum's cousin writes to make most of his living, my older brother writes a lot, my sister has had a few things published and my mum writes to relax her.

leaper1 said:
There is no law that says you have to write a story in the order in which it will be read......

My advice to any writer would be - just relax into it and enjoy it. You can always tidy it up with the help of a beta reader once the first draft is done.

That's how I write the majority of my stuff. I hardly ever go in a linear fashion but write scenes along the way then "sew" the scenes together. I think I linearly and had to wait to write a scene I have an idea for, I'd never get to the scene nor finish the story.

Each writer has to figure out what works best for him/her, though.

jmoniz said:
Each writer has to figure out what works best for him/her, though.

I agree, I might try to start writing the story in non-chronological order and see how it works to me. I've always been afraid to do so incase I'm unable to put the parts together.

I don't know how well this might work, since I only started this recently. Try manually (gulp!) writing the book in a notebook, and keep it near you. That way, when you feel like writing a paragraph or two, you can without trying to force yourself in the mood. I don't know how well it will work for me, but just a suggestion.

I've put my story aside for a bit for two reasons. The main reason is that I've got writers' block and the second reason is that my older sister's story got rejected by some publisher and she's the type who gets jealous easily.

Started again with Guardian Angel. The main character (who's dead) is trying to reach out to his pregnant girlfriend, although there's no point because she can't see or hear him.

Ziggy said:
"I'll be back."
Every time I hear that, I think of Arnold Schwartsineggar (spelled something like that) from Terminator.

I should know how to spell that. After all, he is the governor of California. :\

The only "publishing" I've had is a couple short bits in my high school's yearly anthology.

I have been working on my pet project--a sci-fi/fantasy novel trilogy--for close to 8 years now. It started when I made some character profiles during some exercises at a playwrighting workshop in ninth grade on December 17, 2000. Eight years later, I've got myself a whole trilogy planned and I'm getting ready to sit down and start some serious writing. So far my time has been spent mostly on developing my characters, world settings, family trees, etc. I can't wait to get started. I'm really hoping these books will be my big break.

Joy

I had a short story I wrote up published in the college newspaper a few years ago. It was a silly little story about the not so itsy bitsy spider. I was inspired after seeing spider-zilla inside the house one day.

I'm still hopeful to get a novel or my artwork published one day.

Good lord, I'm having a bit of writers block on a story that I'm writing now. Two of them, actually. Does anybody have any writing exercises they do that helps them stimulate ideas? :help

You probably tried this already, but you could ask your characters how they feel about this and where they are at in the story. If it won't make you feel completely mad that is :)

You probably tried this already, but you could ask your characters how they feel about this and where they are at in the story. If it won't make you feel completely mad that is :)

Actually, I've never tried that. And no, I have done crazier things then asking characters of my stories how they feel about where they are in the story. I'll try it, though. Danke schon!

Actually, I've never tried that. And no, I have done crazier things then asking characters of my stories how they feel about where they are in the story. I'll try it, though. Danke schon!

Let me know how it goes for you, or you can have them talk it out amongst themselves and take notes. :)