hello all!

A

admirALcalavicci

Hi there everyone,

My name is J.J. I've been a frequenter of "Al's Place" for quite some time but only now have I become a registered member of the message board. Just thought I'd introduce myself to everyone and tell you know a little about myself.

I have been a fan of Quantum Leap since it originally aired back in the early 90's. I was just a kid back then, and because of that, i didn't fully understand all of the various issues the show tackled over the years. However, over time, I began to realize how special and important Quantum Leap was, not only for entertainment, but for instilling in me a sense of right and wrong. I guess you could say I was raised by Sam and Al.

I remember staying up one night to watch the final episode of QL, and seeing it end with the words, "Dr. Beckett never returned home"...to be honest, I cried. That little boy just didnt understand why someone so good couldn't get the one thing he wanted. It took me years before I could go back to that episode and realise why Sam made the decision he did, the selflessness of it, that dedication to what is right within Sam that keeps us watching.

I guess I'll stop there. Just wanted to let you all know how big of a fan I am and how excited I am to be a part of this community.

-J.J.

thanks

Thanks everybody. I appreciate your warm welcomes.

And yes, MJ, I do write...you're so slick...:b

I'd be happy to help you out with the virtual seasons. I've read the four previous season summaries and have skimmed through some of the episodes, however I'm not 100% on all the changes that have been made to the format, such as I understand Gooshie has died, and is Al still the full time observer? If you fill me in on some of the basic changes so far and how long the stories should be, then maybe I can crunch out an episode...

Let me know,
-J.J.

Welcome to the FANaticAL's Place of Quantum Leap, where the residents are friendly:nut and you can always get a cold RODbeer:cheers

:wavey

Re: Welcome..

Hey DZL.....
I can't help it...
I got you though, huh? And you are a wonderful writer...
solid... action packed... :b

What else could a gal want?

.... er.... why do I know that someone is going to say something... uhm.... tacky about this... ??? HMMM?

Re: He has What You want baby!!!

.... er.... why do I know that someone is going to say something... uhm.... tacky about this... ??? HMMM?

*AHEM... no comment... :p

By the way, welcome aboard, J.J.

Any details you'd like to know about TVS, just ask. There've been quite a few changes, big and small (and more to come too)...

questions

Once again, thanks for all the warm welcomes...this is such a friendly community.:rollin

Here are some questions I have conserning the Virtual Seasons. I have full intention of reading through all the of episodes eventually, but I just don't have the time at the moment...I'm sure you can all relate...but I can start formulating a story if I have the basic changes strait thus far...

First off, can you define these terms for me?
--Epochtonusalgraphic probe
--Goniospectrophotometer
--Zeus
--Dante
Do I need to know about this stuff to write an episode?

And also, whats the deal with this new handlink and it's connection to Al?

Also, I've been able to read "Fallen Hero" and if Brian really wants Gooshie back as I've read on another post (and if its alright with everyone) I think I might have a way to do it...I know he was written out due to Dennis Wolfberg's death, however why not have his memory live on in this beloved character? Just a thought.:)

Thanks guys,
-J.J.

Re: questions

JJ you may have just been made an instant friend with Brian Greene. LOL

However... either way... I do need an outline if it involves a major upheaval -- I'm not just going to allow a character to die or come back to life without a good solid reason behind it... and not just someone saying... ok... he needs to come back... isn't the way of it.

Hope you understand....

As per the Epochtonusalgraphic probe and Goniospectrophotometer -- Sue was the one who made those. Help hon???

As for Zeus and Dante... they are one in the same. Zeus used to be the old format of Ziggy... then Stephen Beckett made Zeus into Dante... a hologram just for him.

Ohhh new handlink model is coming out in a week or so... 3 buttons on the bottom... with Ziggy's head appearing above it in holographic form. :)

I'll have to think on the Epochtonusalgraphic probe and the goniospectrophotometer. I know that one of them can tell you how Dr. Beckett's pulse and blood pressure is going up.

MJ

Oh Roddy-baby....

Ohhhh Rod... Do you know what a gal wants, huh?

Well... if that's the case, then .....

By all means, come on over to my house, and clean it from top to bottom while I'm at work, and my heart will be yours! :nut :rollin

Re: Oh Roddy-baby....

Same with me, Rod but you never know what will be lurking under my bed... hmmm... Scott maybe... hang on... I'll take a look right now... and if he's there, I may not be back for quite some time :nut with those gadgets :rollin

Re: Oh Roddy-baby....

First the Epochtonusalgraphic Probe: This was introduced in the Tenth Season in "The Final Solution II" episode 1002.

This is an aid for Al (and in no way is intended to replace him) built into the handlink. You know how Al hates standing in the Imaging Chamber with the tornado swirling around him? With this probe, Al doesn't need to be in the Imaging Chamber for Ziggy to locate Sam.

How it works: Once activated, it searches for any deviations to the original history that Sam may have inadvertently changed since his Leap in. Simple? Maybe not, if Sam doesn't change anything, then Al will have to revert to physically entering the Imaging Chamber for the search.

Second the Goniospectrophotometer (GoSeP Meter for short): Introduced in the Tenth Season in "Eeny Meany Miny Mo" episode 1010.

This is an addition to the Epochtonusalgraphic Probe and enables Ziggy to monitor Sam's vital signs and anyone else's who happens to be in close proximity to Sam. The downside is that the handlink has to be permanently in the Imaging Chamber to be near to the holographic linkages, where Stephen has made a special cradle for when it's not in use.

Also, in "Eeny Meany Miny Mo" the 'new' handlink was introduced, though after Al breaking it, the 'old' one was used (so that everyone could catch up). In my next episode "Four Minute's Warning" the handlink is fully upgraded and operational with additional new features, as Al didn't like the 'single buttoned' model, he felt as though he had no control over (holographic) Ziggy's supercilious nature.

Re: gadgets

BWAH-HAH-HAH!!!

Yeah, Sue likes the big words, don't she? :nut

Welcome to Al's Place!

Hello there, J.J.! Welcome to Al's Place... it's always great to have some new people around. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here; hope to have many a discussion with you on the forum.

... Mike. ^_^