20 Years Later And I Love Quantum Leap More Than Ever!

wakkanne

Project QL Intern
Aug 16, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
www.facebook.com
Hi, my name is Suzanne. I live in a suburb of Philadelphia, PA. I have been a fan of Quantum Leap since I was fourteen years old. I saw my first episode of Quantum Leap when I was twelve. It was One Strobe Over the Line. Being a HUGE fan of Back to the Future, I thought, "Hmm, what is this? A time travel show?" I thought the concept looked so cool. Unfortunately, 10pm on a school night was past my bedtime and my parents always made me go to bed before the show was over. I caught a few episodes over the years, but it wasn't until I got my own television in my room that I was able to "go to bed" and then turn my TV down low, sit close to the screen, and watch the adventures of Sam Beckett. The first episode I watched in its entirety was Ghost Ship, and it's still counted among my favorites.

When the USA network began airing Quantum Leap in 1992, I finally got the chance to catch up on all of the episodes I had missed. My whole family and I would sit down and watch the show after dinner each night. I started to develop a crush on Sam, but I didn't want to admit it right away. Then I saw Piano Man and saw Sam sing Somewhere In the Night for the first time. I was like, "Oh... My... Gosh..." What a beautiful voice. I swear I fell in love with him that very night.

From 1992 to about 2000, I lived and breathed Quantum Leap. I read all of the Quantum Leap novels and began writing my own fan fiction, much of it I used in my 11th and 12th grade creative writing classes. Then Xena: Warrior Princess came along and then geocaching and my fandom waned... That's not to say I didn't follow Scott Bakula in other ventures and I did have a few small relapses over the years. Such as when the Quantum Leap DVDs came out and I spent the extra money on the region 2 discs for seasons two and three so that I could have the episodes with their original music intact. In fact, I had posted a few times on this forum back in 2004 on the subject (as "wakkanne", just like now): http://quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193

Then last summer (2012) on August 8th, I watched The Leap Home in honor of Sam's birthday. It's something I've done every year since the days of Quantum Leap. I missed watching the show, so I decided it would be fun to watch it again from the beginning. Well, that did it. I watched every episode of the series from start to finish over the next few months and rediscovered all the reasons I loved the show to begin with. Quantum Leap has held up so well over the years and I found myself falling in love with Sam Beckett all over again. What made it even cooler was now that it was 20 years later, I was now the same age as Scott was when he began the series. It made him that much more attractive to me, I think. I even began writing my Quantum Leap fan fiction again, completing one novel, writing several short stories, and starting another novel, all stuff I had planned to write back then, but just never got around to it.

I love Quantum Leap and Scott Bakula more than ever now and thanks to the internet, I have made some very good QL/Scott fan friends. I've been catching up on Enterprise and the other Scott stuff I've missed. I swear I am just as attracted to that man at age thirty-four and he fifty-eight as I was when I was fourteen and he was thirty-eight. However, Sam Beckett will always be my number one.

Back in February of this year (2013) my friend Jessie and I came up with the idea for the Scott Bakula's White Streak Facebook page. It's very Sam-heavy since that's the series where his white streak was most proudly showcased. It's been growing more popular each day and I hope that some day Scott will know that it exists (if he doesn't already!)

I've explored much of this site over the years and I love that it's still around. Al's Place was one of the first websites I found when looking up Quantum Leap back when this site was brand new. Now I'm catching up on the Quantum Leap comics and discovered there was even ONE QL novel that I missed the first time around (Song and Dance). And to top it off, I'm going to Austin, TX in November to meet Scott Bakula for the first time. So excited!

Hoping to meet some more like minded individuals here, which I'm sure I will!

Back in February of this year (2013) my friend Jessie and I came up with the idea for the Scott Bakula's White Streak Facebook page. It's very Sam-heavy since that's the series where his white streak was most proudly showcased. It's been growing more popular each day and I hope that some day Scott will know that it exists (if he doesn't already!)

I love the Scott Bakula's White Streak Facebook page. It's fantastic.

Your relationship with the show sounds like the one I have for X-Files :)

I saw that page when one of my FB friend shared a photo from there.That's so cool because I like how Scott's hair looked in QL

Greetings

I've been part of QL or QL has been part of me since 1990. I saw the shows starting the summer they re-ran everything following first season. Been writing fanfic since then, QL pretty much exclusively. Love the White Streak fanpage and follow you guys religiously. Love the photos, love the memories, love the communion with fans. Love all of this.
Doreen/Terri

I've been part of QL or QL has been part of me since 1990. I saw the shows starting the summer they re-ran everything following first season. Been writing fanfic since then, QL pretty much exclusively. Love the White Streak fanpage and follow you guys religiously. Love the photos, love the memories, love the communion with fans. Love all of this.
Doreen/Terri

Cool! Thanks! :D