So What's The Latest On BLF?

L

liggie

I haven't been to this board for a while (life got busy, this happens). I took a quick glance at the messages, and have gotten confused on what the status of "Bold Leap Forward" is. Is the project shelved, or on hiatus? Is the SciFi network still involved? What about the proposed series with Sammy Jo leaping? Or is everyone as confused as I am, and it's a hurry-up-and-wait situation?

One thought I do have is, if SciFi's no longer in the picture, why not try one of the smaller terrestial networks(WB or UPN) or cable channels (F/X, TNT, Bravo) that also show scripted series? Production budgets might be smaller, but I think they'd give more time to let a series develop and find its footing and audience. They may not be pure science fiction outlets, but if they're willing to put on the show, no problem.

-- Michael L.

After the way UPN treated Enterprise, I would never wish that fate upon a QL show.

As far as we know, Sci-Fi Channel is still interested in the movie/series. Dean Stockwell is still interested in it. Trey Callaway has a script for it.

They're just waiting on Don Bellisario's schedule to be freed up a bit.

And now that JAG is done, he might be able to focus on the new QL...

It's a wait-and-see situation, but I don't mind. The longer they take to the develop it, the more they can concentrate on making it something all the fans will love.

Joy

> Re: So What's The Latest On BLF?

I'd normally agree that I don't care if it took another few years to be made (which maybe it just might?), and that I'd rather they take their time and get it right. However, I also feel like it's a now or never situation. I mean, how much more time are they going to let slip by? It's already been 12 years. Scott Bakula is done with Enterprise and JAG has just been canceled, so I'm worried that if they don't nail the opportunity right away, Don, Scott and Dean might get committed to other projects.

The likelihood of everybody being available at the same time will diminish the more time goes by. And I'm reluctant to bring this up, but how much older are Don and Dean going to get before the wheels start spinning on this project? Even Scott Bakula is getting older now. I'd hate to see Scott have to pass on the baton because of producers thinking he's too old to be the star. It's already bad enough that he's supposedly been planned to have a small part, if any; the longer they wait, the less they'll want to have to do with Sam, I think.

Another thing I am wondering: Will Sci-Fi buy the rights to the series from Universal? I sure wish they would. They're a recently developed network (in comparison to NBC, ABC, etc.), and maybe they wouldn't mind paying for the music to be used in the DVDs because they never had to a first time. If they owned the series, maybe one day they'd release their version, done the right way.

Better yet, I just wish Don Bellisario and Deborah Pratt owned the rights to the show. Can't they just buy it? Anyone but Universal!

Re: > Re: So What's The Latest On BLF?

It would really be nice to learn that a re-write was done that DID include Sam a lot more (maybe now that Scott has more time?) because the chemistry between Dean and Scott is what made the series come alive. It would hard to try to recreate that chemistry between anyone other than Scott and Dean.....it's just a shame to see that break up.

QL nut is right, Dean isn't the youngest guy in the world and neither is Don. Its deffinately a now or never situation. As much as I hate to say it, Dean isn't in his 30's or 40's he's like 70 something.
I highly suggest thst someone CALLS Belisarious productions and finds out.
I'm sorry but Don needs to stop creating shows like NCIS and focus on QL. QL left so many people heartbroken and it seems to me Don would rather fart around with shows like Jag and NCIS.
If we don't hear anything soon Sam and Al will never see eachother again. Its a now or never!

Well, he's not 70-something yet....more like pushing 70. He's only 69.....and I hope I'm HALF that active when I'm 69!

scifi doesn't seem too interested anymore or they would have announced something by now! I'm sure USA will pick it up since they had Jag and at one point carried QL. Also are they're part of universal now so who knows, I do hope USA network picks it up if it does happen.
My major concern is Don, why in the devil is he farting around with the project, QL is a good way to explore so many different things. Its what everyone wants!!!!! We want QL!!!!!
So maybe we need to give Don another kick in the pants to get the project off the ground faster, because if he doesn't do it soon, we won't ever see the same QL again. Everyone right now doesn't have work, god/fate/time is saying here is your chance everyone is freed up! So Don needs to realize this and put right what once went wrong and bring Dr. Becket home!

They don't have to. NBC/Universal owns Sci-Fi Channel.

Oh, no. Scratch that idea. In that case, I'm wondering what's to stop Don from buying the series from Universal? It'd be a solid investment if it were me and I had the money. But I'm sure that having to pay out of pocket for each song will amount to too much money even for Don.

I've emailed the scifi news/rumors page where they usually post news and rumors, I asked them about BLF, and they did not reply, then I got to thinking, if a few months ago Dean Still wasn't contacted by Don Bellisario that isn't good news. He didn't even know Jag was cancelled and the way I feel is if he didn't know that obiously Don has not contacted Dean in Quite sometime, right now Dean has a new project going, I feel BLF isn't going to happen atleast for a long long time to come. Back in 2000 they were asked if they wanted to do a reunion movie, that was 5 years ago, I hate to feel this way but when I called Belisarious produstions they wouldn't even get back to me about it being a rumor. I hate to feel this way and I hope someone says something soon, but I feel BLF is just never going to get off the drawing board or happen.

Well, firstly, that Dean interview happened less than a week after the cancellation of JAG, so it's quite possible he hadn't yet heard of its demise.

And as far as I know, Dean is not busy at the moment. His newest movie, American Black Beauty, is done filming, if I remember correct.

Joy

Thats good news he's already done filming, I wasn't sure if he was still filming it, your sooo lucky to have met Dean. As far as Dean not knowing less than a week after, I was sure it was altleast a month, but I can't argue with the person who met the man herself. But even then I'm surprised Don hasn't been in contact with him. I hope he has after that.
Nobody will give a answer to this project, Scifi,Universal or Belisarious productions, maybe you should try calling Bellisarious productions and see if you have any luck, I didn't but if enough people bother them they may give a answer.
Too much time is passing without any word on this project :banghead and thats not good news.

Dean

Well, actually, Deans age isn't going to be an issue, because remember, the movie will be set in our timeframe, so we should expect to see Al a bit older in the movie...as well as Sam and what little part he'll have in the film. I just want them to get the ball rolling, because a Quantum Leap project has been a long time coming from Bellisario and company.

Re: Dean

No news at all, still hasn't started. Bellisario doesn't seem to interested.

news?

How do you know Don is not interested? Is he quoted as saying that? I'm not arguing, just curious.

Re: news?

Actually I was wrong about that,
Don has been to universal several times about the idea, they keep turning down the idea. Its not even up to Don to start a new Quantum Leap he sold all the rights to Universal, if theres anybody to bring it back its them and they keep posponing it, and since its up to universal we probably will never see QL back.
Unless we all really hound them!!!!