Night Terror emails info

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
Hi all,

Apparently, a troll named Night Terror, who has appeared in many forms on this forum in the past has gotten access to an email list for some of you. He didn't get them from anything I sent out as I use secure methods of communication.

I'm trying to figure out how he got the emails. If you did NOT attend (bought a ticket) an DID receive an email from him today appearing to have come from member angvav, please let me know. I am trying to narrow down his source. The committee, using their secret googlemail account, mistakenly sent out an email update a short while ago and accidentally included every ticketholder's email address in the "To:" field of the email instead of using "Bcc:"

Again, if you did not buy a convention ticket and did receive an email, let me know.

Thanks and I'm sorry this troll continues to hound some of you. Block his email address. We've banned his entire ISP and I've blocked his many email addresses.

I didn't have a ticket or attend but I did get the e-mail. I saved it just in case and can send you the full headers if you need it.

Same here. I didn't buy a ticket, didn't go. But I got the email.
I did wonder if it mattered if we had our 'contact by email' active in our profiles here, but I don't think it can be that, because although I have, it isn't the same email address that I got the message on.
Correction: Couldn't check my leaper1 email account until I got home from work. Got the email on that one too!!!

Last edited:
I just sent out an email to all our members, but Night Terror is scamming again - this time sending email to users pretending to be me and asking for their username and password.

I would never ask for your password for any reason. If you have answered this email please let me know today so I can actually go in and reclaim your username and reset your password if it's been hijacked.

NEVER send out your password to ANYONE!

Thanks,

I just sent out an email to all our members, but Night Terror is scamming again - this time sending email to users pretending to be me and asking for their username and password.

I would never ask for your password for any reason. If you have answered this email please let me know today so I can actually go in and reclaim your username and reset your password if it's been hijacked.

NEVER send out your password to ANYONE!

Thanks,

was it night terror really? wow!

He kept sending me emails but i didn't do what he asked and since i didn't he kept sending them saying it was OK and that he was Brian. I almost fall for that tho.

you really oughta watch out for that people, ay?

sorry if I sound silly here, I mean no harm
:)

It's pretty wacky to think about. I've banned the e-mail address from my address book so hopefully we won't be hearing from him.

To be on the safe side I've gone and changed my passwords on this and my e-mail account.

It's pretty wacky to think about. I've banned the e-mail address from my address book so hopefully we won't be hearing from him.

To be on the safe side I've gone and changed my passwords on this and my e-mail account.

What's with this night terror anyway?

does anybody know what he wants?

why is he doing this?

why can't he be friendly with us? he was very nice in his first posts, but later it was like he was not the same guy, hope I make sense here, it's like something changed him, or am I being silly here? :hmm

Brian, QL Damsel, I'm sorry to say I've had to send you another PM over the issue. I was written a letter that I think might be interesting. I'll ask him to e-mail you both.

I again wanted to personally thank the Committee for exposing us to this nonsense. In their attempt to cut Brian out of an official Leap Back 2009 communication, they sent a broadcast e-mail to most of the members which, as a result, exposed some 40 e-mail addresses to the public and has encouraged Night Terror to take these actions.

Brian, QL Damsel, I'm sorry to say I've had to send you another PM over the issue. I was written a letter that I think might be interesting. I'll ask him to e-mail you both.

Please do. We'll do our best to take care of this issue.

At least have a nice chat about Quantum Leap while we do so.

Thanks,
MJ