New Survey!

A couple of the questions are a little confusing.
The ones I have in mind are the questions about additional tickets (there's no option for 'None') and the ranking list (I'm assuming that 1 is most important and 6 is least important, but it's not explained).
Just thought I'd mention it for the sake of anybody else who wants to fill in the survey. Thank you for your time!

Well I filled it out, but it was not very convientent to those who have made no plans for this yet. it kind of required us to have all of this 100% planned out and ready to go, and its not even 2008 yet. Plus for the second question asking if we are going to attend you forgot the "maybe" or "hope so" option because that's where Kristen and I fall under. I put the 'probably' option though because it was the next closest option.

And for the questions regarding the hotel rooms, my answers did not come with 100% certaintly because like I said you were not convinient to those who have not made plans for this yet.

EmmaCMF said:
And, yup, the ranking goes from 1 -6 in order of importance.
and sorry but I ranked them all 6 because I can't help it they are all important to me hehe.

Last edited:
We realise it's early days but most of the questions are designed to judge what people expect from a convention, which will help us as we get closer to the Big Weekend! We know that not everyone can say for certain if they will be able to attend, but this is the best way for us to make this convention as fan friendly as possible.

If you feel that you can't answer any of the questions, you can just opt not to check any of the boxes in response to that particular question, which removes it from the e-mail we receive that details your responses.

All the surveys we receive are helpful, so thank you for making the effort to fill one out!

EmmaCMF said:
We realise it's early days but most of the questions are designed to judge what people expect from a convention, which will help us as we get closer to the Big Weekend! We know that not everyone can say for certain if they will be able to attend, but this is the best way for us to make this convention as fan friendly as possible.

If you feel that you can't answer any of the questions, you can just opt not to check any of the boxes in response to that particular question, which removes it from the e-mail we receive that details your responses.

All the surveys we receive are helpful, so thank you for making the effort to fill one out!

I do realize what you are saying here, Emma, please don't get me wrong. I understand the more information that the group of organizers have the better it will be for the convention. However, I decided that at this moment that I cannot in good faith fill out the second survey. It's too far away (even in the cosmic scheme of things) for me to already put back the money, etc for something that I don't even know that I'm going to. (Yes, yes, Brian, I know, you say that I'm going...) I agree with Sam Beckett Fan, it's makes it very hard and very frustrating for those who don't know yet and who want to be helpful in filling it out.

QL Damsel said:
I do realize what you are saying here, Emma, please don't get me wrong. I understand the more information that the group of organizers have the better it will be for the convention. However, I decided that at this moment that I cannot in good faith fill out the second survey. It's too far away (even in the cosmic scheme of things) for me to already put back the money, etc for something that I don't even know that I'm going to. (Yes, yes, Brian, I know, you say that I'm going...) I agree with Sam Beckett Fan, it's makes it very hard and very frustrating for those who don't know yet and who want to be helpful in filling it out.

That's fine! Did you fill out the first survey? That was the most helfpul to us, in terms of what people want to see/do, and what kind of ticket price people would prefer if they are able to attend.

This second one is just expanding on that to give us a broader picture. We won't be making the majority of the decisions about the con until the middle of next year, at the very earliest, so, like you guys, our plans are subject to change!

Well ok I understand what you are sayting Emma. I filled out all the questions just based on what I hoped Kristen and I could accomplish. I didn't fill out the first one because that one came out WAY too soon, so I didn't want to skip this one too.

EmmaCMF said:
That's fine! Did you fill out the first survey? That was the most helfpul to us, in terms of what people want to see/do, and what kind of ticket price people would prefer if they are able to attend.

This second one is just expanding on that to give us a broader picture. We won't be making the majority of the decisions about the con until the middle of next year, at the very earliest, so, like you guys, our plans are subject to change!

Yes, I did fill out the first survey. I understand needing a broader picture. Honestly, I do. I'm not complaining. I just can't make a decision on going 2 years ahead of time. You know, if I wasn't a mother with three kids and a husband along with a full time job... then yeah, I would plan away and save every penny that I could. And with a few family members on the brink... I don't know.

Yeah I am with you MJ. I can't 100% plan for something that isn't going to happen for two years while I can't even 100% plan the rest of my college course right now! I am not even affording my classes right now, the only reason I am in these classes I am taking now is because one of my uncles was so generous and gave me the money. So I can't be expected to have the money for something happening two years from now. Plus there is the question of transportation, all of this adding up to the second question on that servey, will I be able to attend at all? I really hope to and so does Kristen but I can't even figure out how I am paying for my next classes when this semester is over let alone something that is not happening for two years.

I wanted to be of at least some help though, I didn't want to ignore all the serveys. Cuz I didn't fill out the first one, that one came out WAY too early, I knew nothing back then and basically I still don't. that servey was based 100% on my hopes not any actual plans. I hope it still helps though and that you don't think me wrong for filling it out under such conditions.

I think you guys might be taking the surveys a little too seriously. It's just a way for us to get a feel for what the group's overall preferences are, what you would prefer if all goes well and you can attend. NOBODY is going to hold you to the responses you put down - we're not going to come back to you and say, "You said you only wanted one ticket, so that's all you can have!" It's just a way for us to get a sense of what's out there - so that if there's a clear majority that wants a particular thing, we can go ahead with planning for it. (For instance, something like 85% of the people who responded to the first survey said they wanted the con to be totally QL-oriented. That was enough of a majority that we said, "OK, all-QL it is.")

So...don't panic about this stuff! I'm certainly not. I'm sitting here eating a piece of chocolate cream pie for breakfast. :)