What If...You HAD TO recast QL

Seems great minds think alike, Helen, as I was telling my mom about this thread back when it first started and I mentioned that they should cast Shane as Sam if they made a remake instead of a continuation.

And here's another vote for Brian as the Bartender.

Joy

And what about me???

I know, there aren't enough female roles around for me to get in... :(

Well, I'll be happy to do any guest appearance that lasts for an episode (and not 30 seconds, lol)

Clara

Yeah, any number of people could be guest stars--either as Leapees or people who know the Leapee in the past, or even technicians or military present at the project.

And the best thing about guest starring is that it's a whole new character, so you can give whatever spin on it you want and it wouldn't bother the fans; playing an already-established character makes the job a lot harder because you've gotta worry about satisfying the fans...

Joy

LOL... I think we've strayed into the realm of wishful thinking; I somehow doubt they'd give us fans roles in a QL movie.

On the other hand, if we all got together to do a fan film, we'd have a great cast for it...

As I have been reading the thread I have ben trying to picture someone else playing the lead roles but I can't! I think Dean and Scott will always be Al and Sam and nobody else could be as good!

If my arm was severly twisted, more than Rumsfeld & cos foreign policy *ahem*, then i would pick Timothy Dalton for Al (hey why not, he's a very good actor, check out Possessed). As for Sam..Ioan Gruffudd. They're not exactly A-listers, but i felt A-list only might be too limiting, no offence to the original poster.

Here's Ioan's site :-

http://www.ioanonline.com/

Some of you may recognise him from the film King Arthur or the future based legal series Century City.

Semi-Automatic Leaper said:
Some of you may recognise him from the film King Arthur or the future based legal series Century City.
He also played Reed Richards, a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic in the Fantastic Four movie. ;)

Dman176 said:
He also played Reed Richards, a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic in the Fantastic Four movie. ;)

I already knew that, just forgot to mention it :b :D

He actually went to the same school as me funnily enough!

Besides he had a bit of white hair in Fantastic Four didn't he, so could be an amusing contrast!

What if Steven Berkoff could play Al? Or even an evil observer working for Lothos?

The End.

Quote "They're not exactly A-listers, but i felt A-list only might be too limiting, no offence to the original poster"

Well, as the original poster - this topic has gone WAY off subject...ah, the folly of all msg boards...

Refer to the orginal post - the precident of casting A-listers in movies based on tv series (Magnum, Miami Vice, the rumoured Baywatch) because the orginal stars are too old but more importantly not big enough stars at the box office to ensure maximum profit.

If you are not going to get A lister's then of course just get BAKULA & STOCKWELL - it makes no sense to cast other B & C graders in a theatrical version. :wacko No offence.

Well, with the news of a Knight Rider movie staring "the Hoff" - there's hope yet! Lets just hope the trend lasts long enough that a QL movie is released.

THE END.

I know this is an old thread, but this just hit me :D.

I know you think that if they can't get A listers to be Sam and Al, just get Scott and Dean. But I think if they can't get Scott and Dean, they should get people who fit the look from the show.

Okay, for Sam...Tuck Watkins. Don't know him? Watch the movie "The Mummy"...he's Mr. Burns. The one with the glasses that gets his eyes and tongue taken by the monster. He looks like he could be a good Sam. Just a thought.

Samantha Beckett

You could never replace Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell

If they were going to do a big budget remake I would cast Matt Damon or Johnny Depp as Sam.Damon has the sensitive good nature like Bakula.Depp is the most versitile actor out there so he would be convinicing playing different roles.

Al I would go with someone with an accent like Michael Caine or Liam Neeson.They are both great as "father figure" roles.

Ummm, to be honest I think it'd have to be a more unknown actor like Scott was at the time to give the show a more homely feel and give it more personality. With A-Listers it just wouldn't be our Quantum Leap.

For Sam I think someone like Nathan Fillion would fit the role, he's a nice guy and seems to be a hoot on set, and also isn't really top A-list enough to make the show cheesy or a cash-in.

For Al..... gotta be... oh i'm gonna go A-List and say Liam Neeson as well, he'd just fit the role as a leader and father figure, and has a charm to him that you'd just want to listen to his voice. Plus he played minted Jedi Qui-Gonn-Jin!! Would you say no to a bloody JEDI!?!

Here's a not-so-A-lister suggestion for Al:

John Hannah (IMDb Page)

He could either play Al with a fake American accent, or a reworked British/Scottish Al, or a new Observer.

All I know is that from the moment I saw a small scene from The Mummy Returns on TV last year that had John in it, I've always thought he could pass as Al.

:Love To All:
~ Joy ~

Enterprise said:
For Sam I think someone like Nathan Fillion would fit the role, he's a nice guy and seems to be a hoot on set, and also isn't really top A-list enough to make the show cheesy or a cash-in.

You are now OFFICIALLY my hero for thinking of Nathan, LOL!! I :dreaming him so much. He was awesome as Captain Reynolds in Firefly and Serenity, and in that movie Slither. *sigh* Good choice... :D

Samantha Beckett

I'd have to say my A-list choice for Al would be Anthony Hopkins.

That man is such a talented actor, and has the sort of good looking lived-in face that you imagine a lot of women loving - so he could do the philanderer easily.

Samantha Beckett said:
You are now OFFICIALLY my hero for thinking of Nathan, LOL!! I :dreaming him so much. He was awesome as Captain Reynolds in Firefly and Serenity, and in that movie Slither. *sigh* Good choice... :D

Samantha Beckett

Yay!! Best of all he's going to be in next weeks LOST!!! :hmm

People might start yelling at me, but for some reason, I think that Crispin Glover would make an AWESOME Al. I could TOTALLY see him dressing like Al..and maybe wearing those wierd high-heeled boots of his..adding his own wierdness to Al's style...YAY! (Yes, yes, the wierd dad guy from Back To The Future. That's pretty much where everyone knows him from. Stupid Back To The Future *shakes an angry fist*)

Sam? Uhhhh...*taps into her brain* I dunno...Martin Freeman? He was Arthur Dent in the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy movie. He MIGHT make a good Sam...*tries to imagine it*