Quantum leap frankenstein

John64

Project QL Intern
Mar 20, 2018
Here is a new fan fiction quantum leap story I am writing to I hope you all will enjoy it!

Quantum leap frankenstein

Leap date March 11 1976

Theorising that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished... He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Doctor Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home…”

As Sam leaps in at that very same moment a bolt of lightning hits the castle ceiling and hits his new host and for a moment he feels himself have more electricity run through his body then normal. And then when the blue light fades away Sam found himself lying underneath a white sheet the metal table he is laying on starts to get lowered and a doctor says near by.

"it's alive!, it's alive!"

As soon as Sam hears thoses words he pulls the sheet off him straight away and says in a daze as if he has just woken up from a nightmare.

"oh boy!"

For a moment Sam's vision is blurred and when his vision comes to.

In front of him he sees a medical doctor looking very interested in him say.

"how are you feeling?"

"am OK I think it feels like I have just been hit by lightning."

Sam hears the storm rage on above him and it frightens him just for a moment.

The doctor says

"I will leave you to recover but our experiment is a Huge success!"

"experiment?"

He leaves the Gothic looking room and as he closes the medieval looking door he can hear a bolt sliding into place locking Sam inside the room.

As Sam gets up he finds himself wearing all black with big black shoes and he has bolts on his neck on each side.

The sound of the imaging chamber door opens and Al appears when the door closes Sam is confronted to see his friend.

Sam turns to face him and Al is looking like a ghost fading in and out.

"what's happening I can't see you properly?"

Al hits the hand link and his image comes into forcus more and appears as he normally does.

"Sam we throught we would never find you"

"why is that?"

"Ziggy says your brainwaves on this leap are in Flux it was hard to get a lock on you. But this place gives me the creeps it looks exactly like a mad scientist lab."

Sam looks around the room and can see all the lab equipment.

"this reminds me of the time you leaped into the aslym. And when you where a vampire"

"I thought we were through all of that Al there's no such things as vampires"

"so who am I? This time? And where?"

"let's see"

Al taps the hand link and reads

"it's March 11 1976 and your in England UK you're leaped out side the country again Sam we are not sure who you have leaped into or where. We are still trying to do a trace all we have got so far is you are in a abandoned castle somewhere in England. But I think you have leaped into frankenstein. "

" frankenstein! Don't be silly Al frankenstein was a fictional character he didn't exist! "

" it's totally possible someone may have read marry Shelly's work and might actually try and bring it to life. "

" but it's not possible now is it? "

" but you look like frankenstein Sam you are dressed just like him and have the bolts in your neck "

"it's just probably Halloween Al and the person I have leaped into is a actor who likes to do dress up"

"Halloween in March!"

"can you please go back and find out why am here so I can leap out of here please"

Al taps the hand link the imaging chamber door opens behind him he steps into the door way and says.

"hang in there Sam"

And the door closes.

End of chapter 1

Quantum leap Frankenstein

Chapter 2

"leaping around in time I have got used to different types of situations and just like the time I leaped into a vampire it felt like I was again leaping into the bizarre."

Sam started to walk around the room he could see science equipment everywhere and glass jars that seemed to hold very unusual body parts inside in a green looking liquid.

At first it was hard to move around due to the really big shoes sam had to wear but he got use to it.

Sam checked his arm and he saw stitching along his arm like the person he had leaped into did undergo some kind of medical procedure of some kind.

There was torch's on the stone walls nearby just like in a medievil castle.

Suddenly the door to the chamber unlocked and a man bent over comes into the room walking strangely and sam says to him not looking to impressed.

"So i take it you are supposed to be Egor?"

Egor looks really surprised at Sam's answer and says.

"How do you know my name? you where only born tonight?"

"Come on stop this silly act is this some sort of play?"

Egor starts to look serious and says.

"The master Dr Frankenstein will be with you shortly."

Egor brings in some food for Sam and takes his leave bolting the chamber door closed again locking the door as soon as he left the room.

Sam slowly starts to eat the food and Al reappears as if out of nowhere.

"Al you won't believe this I just met Egor"

"Egor? then you have leaped into Frankenstein!"

"No Al I don't believe that plus the monster had no name the dr was the one called Frankenstein not his monster but there has to be a logical explanation to all of this am a scientist I only deal with facts. By the way do you have anything for me yet?"

Al taps the hand link.

It flashes red, yellow and blue.

"In the original history a lot of dead bodies went missing tonight through grave robbing plus a young woman gets killed Ziggy thinks you're here to stop the murder."

Sam looks at Al and says

"Oh boy!"

End of chapter 2

Last edited:

Chapter 3

Egor comes down the castle stone stairs and sees Dr Frankenstein near the main entrance of the castle.

Egor says

"Master! Master!"

"What's up Egor? how is our creation?"

"He is acting strangely sir he even knew my name"

"But that's not possible he only came to life a few hours ago"

"I know what should we do master!"

"You don't think he is mentally unstable?"

The doctor thinks for a minute.

"I don't Think so Egor the bodys you brought to me tonight was fresh no let's give it time he will work out you're see."

"Plus I heard him talk to someone as I left the room it's like someone else was in the room with him master. But he's the only one in the room sir"

"Oh I see well it might be best to run a few tests I hope you didn't bring me a faulty brain Egor!"

"I didn't I just bought you what you wanted sir."

Suddenly a knock on the main door is heard.

Both Egor and the Dr turn to face the door.

The Dr continues to say

"Who on earth would be calling at this time of night?"

The dr goes towards the main big entrance door and says

"Who is it?"

A lady shouts through the door

"I need your help?"

Meanwhile with Sam and Al

"So when does the murder take place?"

Al smokes his ciger and reads tapping the hand link.

"It takes place in the next two hours plus when the body is found ......."

Suddenly Al looks shocked at the words coming up on the link.

"She doesn't have a brain sam"

"What do you mean she doesn't have a brain?"

"It's gone they find her empty remains 6 miles away from here with no brain. This leap is getting weirder and weirder."

"So does she come to the castle?"

"Yes Ziggy says theres a high percentage she's already here."

"Why does she come here tonight?"

"Ziggy says her transport broke down and she came to the castle for help but gets more than she was baring for."

"Ok I need to get out of this room"

"You don't have much time Sam but Dr Frankenstein is going to cut her up soon. In less than two hours from now."

End of chapter 3

Chapter 4

"Hurry Sam hurry!"

Sam runs over to the door and trys to open the door it's firmly locked.

"The door is bolted shut!"

"Al go to her?"

"I won't be able to do anything I am just a hologram"

"I know just be with her"

"Ok gooshie center me on Sarah!"

And Al disappears into thin air.

When he reappears he is standing in the main hall of the castle and Sarah says to the Dr and Egor.

"My car broke down and I just need a place to stay for the night"

The Dr says

"Ah you poor dear the weather is awful tonight isn't it my dear?"

Al trys to say to Sarah.

"Don't tell them anything honey just leave now while you still can. Where are you Sam!"

Looking at the handlink for a update suddenly a loud bang is heared! And a crash of wood being destroyed.

They all look towards the stairwell and the Dr says to Egor.

"It's our creation quickly go and stop him!"

"Yes my master"

Egor goes up the stairwell and sam coming rushing down is he goes past Egor he knocks him out of the way to one side and he hits the wall.

Sarah says to the Dr

"What's going on here?"

The dr trys to reassure her by saying

"Don't worry my dear everything is under control"

As Sam reachs the bottom of the medievil stair way as soon as Sarah sees him.

She runs away in terror and quickly leaves the castle.

The dr says

"Don't go!"

But it's too late she has left the castle and back into the night.

Al says looking at the handlink.

"You did it Sam you're changed history she's safe."

The dr looking cross looks at Sam and says to him.

"Now where am I going to get a replacement brain now as for you"

He takes a gun out of his pocket and shoots a dart at Sam it hits his chest and Sam falls to the floor unconscious.....

End of chapter 4

Chapter 5

When Sam regained consciousness sam was straped down on the metal table he had originally woke up on.

Dr Frankenstein says to sam.

"It's so disappointing that my creation failed because of a faulty brain"

"Am not faulty"

"It's remarkable that you gained speech so quickly but talking to people who isn't there isn't a good sign of our achievements"

Al reappears and says to Sam.

"You're changed history"

"Why haven't I leaped?"

Al taps the hand link to find out.

"See you are doing it even now you have completely lost your senses now haven't you"

"It's not me who has lost my senses you should take a look at yourself in the mirror"

The Dr smiles and says

"in a few minutes you won't have to worry about anything as we will start all over again"

"Ziggy says it's you now is found died with no brain it looks like he was in the process of removing your brain got stopped and left the surgery. Unfinished."

"I need to get out of here Al?"

The dr says

"Who's Al?" Looking really confused on his face.

"Ziggy says you haven't leaped because you are still here to save the person you have leaped into plus you have to shut down this freak show"

"Well I am open to ideas?"

"Sam you're supposed to be Frankenstein's monster"

"So?"

"That means you are stronger than you think I would suggest for you to raise to the occasion sam."

The dr says.

"Let's start the surgery now shall we?"

He turns around walks close to his medical equipment and puts on medical gloves and starts preparing for surgery.

Sam starts to move his wrists and trys to break his restreats. And after a few attempts they break and Sam gets up gets off the table grabs the doctors gun from the near by table and points the gun at the alarmed dr.

The dr slowly puts his hands up and suddenly the police run into the room and the Dr is taken away by the police.

Al says to Sam.

"Sarah found a nearby pay phone and called the police god bless her and Our Mr dr Frankenstein over here goes to jail for life for grave robbing and plus doing unauthorised medical procedures. And Egor goes with him."

"And what happens to Sarah?"

"Oh she's fine sam we goes on gets her car fixed after a few days and has a really rewarding and successful career."

"So what started all of this?"

"According to Ziggy dr Frankenstein our his real name mark Anderson read marry Shelley's book and got obsessed with the idea of trying to create a real monster as it where"

"And where they really successful or not? Or am I just a actor playing along with there freak show"

"Well we probably will never know but I think there where successful because haven't you seen you're self in the mirror yet?"

"No I have been to busy saving everyone"

"Well you do look like Frankenstein to me Sam"

Sam finds a mirror near the medical equipment and as he looks at himself through the mirror looking back at him from the looking glass was the worst sight he had ever had the misfortune to see he saw a man who looked like he was stitched together and had been put together by a lot of medical procedures.

And as Sam turned away.

He said to himself.

"Oh boy!"

And in that moment Sam was overwhelmed by bright blue light and he quantum leaps into time....

When the light fades away Sam found himself standing next to police close to a nearby house and sam was on the phone connected to someone in that house and the person on the other end of the phone said.

"If you don't get me £20 million dollars right now! I will kill everyone in this house!"

Sam pulled the phone away from his ear for a moment and said.

"Oh boy!"

The end

Quantum leap Frankenstein book cover

Hi here is a book cover I have designed
For this story please click the link below to
View it.

Many thanks from John

Attachments

• bookcover_1_original.jpg
    bookcover_1_original.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1