5 least favorite episodes from Season 2...

S

Sauron

1. SEA BRIDE ("Don't you just love happy endings?" Well, not when you ask me, my friend... Deborah, what happened?)

2. ANIMAL FRAT (Well, Chris needed to work a little bit more with his endings, not that they were always bad, but this really didn't convince me.)

3. CATCH A FALLING STAR (Worst Paul Brown episode ever. I liked it [I'll never say "I don't like this particular QL episode"], but the mission was just pretty simple.)

4. LEAPING IN WITHOUT A NET (Tommy Thompson is predictable and esoteric here. After all, one of his first episodes, but yet in the next seasons, he's great..., but not in this. Although a good story. [Well, which QL ep. doesn't really have one?].)

5. GOOD MORNING, PEORIA (Well, Chris, speaking about 'Freedom', I like more your episode titled the same way.)

Sea Bride isn't among my favorite episodes, but I do enjoy hearing my name several times. And it does have one small foreshadowing.....what appears to be a throwaway bit of dialogue between Sam and Al about true love.....and then M.I.A. coming immediately afterwards.....well.....the word PROFOUND comes to mind.

I agree that Sea Bride was not one of the best episodes. As for the rest of them, I liked them all.

For Good Morning Peoria, I liked the idea of Sam as a Rock n' Roll DJ and the epp. had a great list of music in it. (In the origonal run anyways.)

And I have to say that the best part of Leaping in Without a Net was Fabiana Udenio. She played Eva Panzini

As for Animal Frat. I have always enjoyed this particular episode due to the Vietnam overtones. In one scene in particular, Scott did a great job acting when he said, "Look, I lost a brother in Vietnam, alright. So don't tell me I don't care."

As for Catch a Falling Star, This episode I loved. The medoly from Man of La Mancha is absoulutly excellent. I liked everything about it. I agree that the mission could have been a little tougher, but the undertones with Sam as Don Quixote, and Al as his Soncho, It could not have been better.

On my QL CD, Man of Lamancha (Along with Somewhere in the Night) is the song I listen to the most

This episode has actually makes me want to go and see Man of Lamancha on the stage.

In Season 2, The five worst episodes in my own opinion are:

Sea Bride
Thou Shall Not...
Another Mother
Maybe Baby

Actually, there are only four that I really didn't care for

We have more in common than our names Colorado Helen.

Catch a Falling Star is my all time favorite episode, though Leap of Faith comes a very close second.

Yes it may be a simple mission, easily achieved, but part of the appeal of watching Sam leap into each situation is the fact that the mission is not always the only reason for him being there. Things that happen as 'asides' may be seemingly trivial, like helping Nona to win at bingo, but GFTW sees fit to make them happen anyway through Sam. And sometimes things happen not for the benefit of those in the past at all, but to help Sam grow as a person or further his way along the road to self discovery. This is one such leap as he comes to terms with his teenage crush, and is tested as to whether he will try to be self serving and stay with Nicole, or be altruistic and fulfil his mission and go.

I also agree that even in episodes that are not such favorites, I can still find something I like, and so would never say there are episodes that I don't enjoy or wouldn't watch again or anything like that. If it is QL, it rates high with me!
To me, Miss Deep South would probably rank lowest of all the episodes, but I love the scene where he hangs the nozzle out the window.