Home

The Leap Back 2009 Convention Forum

Contact

Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #26
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLBecky View Post
To the entire concom, I give my deepest and heart-felt thanks. You put in massive amounts of work to hold a terrific convention, and raised an amazing amount of money for a good cause. But more than that, you gave me experiences that I will always deeply treasure. I can't thank you enough.
Sadly, I couldn't be there, but I'd love to know how much was raised.

I hope we are going to get some detailed reports from attendees and committee alike once you are all over your jetlag.

Those of us who missed out want to know every last juicy detail.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #27
laurence
Accelerator Technician

QL Damsel said
"Scott would begin to sign autographs at 4:00 and with where I was located in the lineup, I wouldn't have gotten to get an autograph before I had to leave. I have to say that if it weren't for a few of my new friends insisting that I talk with Jay Schwartz about not being able to get Scott's autograph. After Jay heard of what was going on, he told me what HE wanted me to do and I followed it to the letter. Thanks to Jay's and Scott's good nature, I was able to get in before I had to leave. "

Exactly the same for me; I had to leave at 5. I was E row. Jay says I have to tell them I'm the lady from France. I went to the autograph session with the latest of the A row, got my autograph and leaped into the Supershuttle 2 mn later.
Jay, you're a sweetheart!!!

And Marc, you rock, Man!!!

Thanks, thanks to all of the members of the comittee and the volunteers
It was amazing!!!!!!!!

Last edited by laurence; 04-01-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: quote doesn't work
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #28
Classical Theories
Pulse Communications Technician

I think many of us are in a state of shock. We couldn't believe the weekend we had just experienced. I'll talk more about it later.

Laurence, YOU ROCK MORE THAN I DO!!!!

This is quick as I am sick now and going back to bed. The Starlight Foundation was expecting to get about $2500 (twenty-five hundred). We presented Patty with a check for $30,000.
I repeat: $30,000

All of you guys (ughh..I feel so bad), all of you guys are an amazing quality of human being.

Gotta run to the bathroom now. Bye.
http://www.fedcon.de

Classical Theories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #29
hjkapl
Observer's Aid

Hi, guys.

Just wanted to say that most of our committee is either jet lagged, jet logged or not even home yet so getting reports from our side of the con ain't gonna be easy (at least, not yet). Besides, who can remember things when they're all a fantastic blur <G>?

However, I do want to tell you how much it means to us to know that you had a good time. Please know (in case you didn't already!) that this convention was done for YOU. Not for Scott. Not for Don nor Deborah nor Jay nor anyone else. Just for YOU and we tried desperately over the last few years to come up with events, guests, auction items, contests, etc etc etc that we hoped you'd enjoy. Heck, we ARE you <vbg>.

None of us do this for a living. We're all fans just like you and though some of us have had minor experience with other conventions, this was a real first for us. So....wherever we went astray, know it was not for a lack of trying <G>. Wherever we went right....uh...it was all planned that way <vbg>. Yup...that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-)!!

Regardless, your kind words are like manna from heaven. My only real disappointment the entire weekend was not having the opportunity to say 'hi' to individuals or simply chill with so many of you.

I'd also like to add my thanks to all the fans who so generously gave of their time to volunteer in so many different areas. This convention would absolutely NOT have been possible without them. To me, they are the true unsung heroes of the convention.

Again, I'm so glad to hear that so many of you enjoyed yourselves. It truly makes everything worthwhile!

Helene
Old 04-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #30
Snish
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical Theories View Post
The Starlight Foundation was expecting to get about $2500 (twenty-five hundred). We presented Patty with a check for $30,000.
I hope someone told Scott and Don Bellisario. I think they would be proud.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #31
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical Theories View Post
I think many of us are in a state of shock. We couldn't believe the weekend we had just experienced. I'll talk more about it later.

Laurence, YOU ROCK MORE THAN I DO!!!!

This is quick as I am sick now and going back to bed. The Starlight Foundation was expecting to get about $2500 (twenty-five hundred). We presented Patty with a check for $30,000.

All of you guys (ughh..I feel so bad), all of you guys are an amazing quality of human being.

Gotta run to the bathroom now. Bye.
Thanks for the prompt response Marc, I really appreciate it.
Hope you feel better soon.
Sending virtual chicken soup and sympathy!

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #32
Kirok
Accelerator Technician

Smile

I would like to thank the committee and all of the volunteers for putting on a fantastic show over the weekend. I wasn’t around much, but in putting 14 hours to set up the Control Panel, I saw a lot of passion, hard work, and commitment from a team of folks who made a fantastic show for everyone to enjoy. I'm a HUGE fan too, and I wish I could have spent all three days alongside all of you.

It was a blast to showcase our fanfilm, and I am glad all of you enjoyed it so much. It was great to finally put faces to all the folks on this board, and to share many stories with each of you about our project.

Take a bow Committee, you all deserve it!

Thanks,

Chris Allen
Old 04-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #33
FutureGirl
PQL Visitor

I would like to echo all the previous sentiments: the committee and volunteers did an amazing job. This was my first convention and it went above and beyond all I could have hoped for. I had a terrific time and will cherish all the memories for a long time. I met some new friends - was surprised I didn't meet more (but that's my own shyness). I think the best part was seeing the people from so many different countries and realizing just how much this show affects people and breaks down barriers and boundaries.

The costume party was a lot of fun. I was really impressed by all the number of people that took the time to dress up. Yes, that was me as the Midnight Marauder.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the photos other people have to share. I'm still on a high and don't really want to come back to earth. Sigh.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #34
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

I am finally home and this is one of the first threads I have been able to look at. Thanks for the thanks! lol It was an amazing weekend - I loved meeting many of you, even though I was running around like crazy!

It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun as well. Thanks to all the volunteers, the entire committee who also went above and beyond to make this happen for you. Many were thanking me, but without the others on our committee, this just would not have happened. I was only a little piece of the puzzle!

I'm catching up with my real-life job this week, so will try to get some updates done on the site ASAP!

Thank YOU for coming, for being patient when autograph lines didn't go quite as planned in some spots, and for being so nice and helpful!

The last two years of hard work really made it worth it to put on such a fun weekend for you all. I made several new friends, connected with online ones, and won't forget it.

As for a 25th anniversary convention.... we'll see!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #35
Snish
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I'd also like to thank Brian for letting me be a part of it and perform my show there one Saturday morning. I'd like to thank the six people that came in early enough to see the show too.
Josh--no, there must have been at least 8! But seriously, I was one of them, and I thought you did a great job, especially considering that it must be difficult to face a room of mostly empty chairs and keep your energy up for a performance.

Too bad you couldn't bring the Table of Death illusion though.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #36
MO

I will echo the sentiments of all above me. I had a fabulous time, and I add my vote for a 25th anniversary event. If I can do anything to help make this happen, please let me know!

I can't put into words how wonderful this convention was. Maybe I'll come up with words to express my feelings exactly, but I doubt it.

LeapBack 2014, 25th Anniversary of Quantum Leap

Yes, I like the sound of that.

PS, I lost 10 pounds at the convention last weekend.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #37
EmmaCMF
Leaper

Hey, if anybody wants to go ahead and plan a 25th Anniversary Convention, go for it! I'll attend and volunteer, but I have no desire to run a convention ever again (despite two of our guest stars telling a couple of my Brit friends that we should put on a con in England, and that they'd come - been there, tried that, failed miserably!).

It's wonderful to come here and read that everybody enjoyed the convention - it makes the almost three years of work worth it.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #38
Classical Theories

I won't do it if you won't do it Em.
http://www.fedcon.de

Classical Theories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #39
laurence
Accelerator Technician

Emma, thanks again for all, and I wanted to ask you if you know the meaning of your name "Fee" in french?
It's "fairy"
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #40
EmmaCMF
Leaper

The sad thing is, I could probably be talked into it!

Thanks for that, Laurence - I didn't know that Fee meant 'fairy' in French!

EmmaCMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #41
Snish
Observer's Aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaCMF View Post
The sad thing is, I could probably be talked into it!
<chuckle> The thing to do is wait a couple years, until you forget just how much work this was, and then ask you to do it again!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #42
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Yeah, if I were to be talked into doing it, I would not want to be quite so involved, but Em and Marc would definitely have to be involved.

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #43
CynthialovesQuantumLeap
Control Room Technician

Everything was wonderful and I have memories galore. I would love to hear from QL Damsel we met outside in the court yard. I lost your email address.
Janna please email me I lost your email address. I talked to you after your wonderful moment with Scott.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper1 View Post
Sadly, I couldn't be there, but I'd love to know how much was raised.

I hope we are going to get some detailed reports from attendees and committee alike once you are all over your jetlag.

Those of us who missed out want to know every last juicy detail.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #44
klingstar1
PQL Visitor

Default Thanks

I sent Brian the following e-mail, but I wanted to post my thanks with all the rest

Brian,

I just wanted to extend my thanks to you and the rest of the committee for giving us an event we are sure to never forget. Your hard work did not go unnoticed and was greatly appreciated. All the fans I spoke with stated that they had a great time and the fact that all the guests were so gracious made it all the more special. Do you know if the panel videos will show up on the web? It would be great to see them again.

Mike (Klingstar 1)
Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #45
Josh
Control Room Technician

A 25th does sound like fun. I'd sign up. Who knows, maybe I'll bring the Table of Death along for that one.

Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #46
Stef
PQL Visitor

Lisa Jane Persky was a real sweetheart and she said she would love to come to a convention in France. "Start one!". Yeah, well, although I know people who would love to be there, I do not think it would be the most appropriate place. But England would be nice!

*looks towards Emma the little fairy*

hehe
Old 04-04-2009, 04:04 AM   #47
Avilos
Accelerator Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Lisa Jane Persky was a real sweetheart and she said she would love to come to a convention in France. "Start one!". Yeah, well, although I know people who would love to be there, I do not think it would be the most appropriate place. But England would be nice!

*looks towards Emma the little fairy*

hehe
The man with Lisa looked very familiar but I could not place him. I checked and her husband's name is Andy Zax. Who was one a game show called "Beat the Geeks". He was the music expert!!! My memory is crazy sometimes!!!

I really liked Lisa a lot. During her panel she mentioned she is shy. I can be very shy myself. So I thank her for coming told her that about myself. She really responded to that. Interacting with that many strangers can be hard.

On that note I like to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome during the Con.

Don Bellisario on why he used the name Tom so much in Quantum Leap

(Yes my name is Tom. So when he told me that I had a big grin on my face! )
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #48
MO

Seriously, I'll do what I can to make a 25th anniversary convention happen. Last weekend was just too much fun to only happen once in a lifetime!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #49
EmmaCMF
Leaper

Lisa Jane and Natasha P both said to English friends of mine that we should put on a con in the UK, and that they'd come if we did. Unfortunately, we tried that in 2003, and had fifteen attendees sign up, so we had to cancel.

EmmaCMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #50
mark24
PQL Visitor

I'd also like to thank everyone who worked hard to make this event happen, you all did a brilliant job! It was a real thrill to be there, I enjoyed every minute of it.