917 The Valley of Death

The Valley of Death

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
The Valley of Death
June 26, 1982

Happy Valley Conference Center, Santa Cruz, California

Sam leaps into a very significant person in Al's life and must save a woman from dying of a heart attack. In the process of doing this, he drastically changes Al's life.

Written by: R. Joy Helvie

Our rating system changed this season and consisted of six raters and two back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.08

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek I always like when some of the leaps are about Al.Very well written and it was a great 1st part

This was a decent story, although there wasn't a great deal of action throughout most of it. But, I'm sure that will change in the next part. Also, it will be interesting to see how Al handles this whole leap, by the time it is finished.

Thanks for the comments. Certainly not my best work (can't believe this story is already six years old), but far, FAR better than my first QLVS outing. LOL

Hopefully you'll enjoy the second part. There's a bit more going on in that one. My younger self was (and I still am) in love with the place I set this story, which is why I went a little too far in the descriptive bits in the first part. *shrugs* At least I can look back now and pinpoint my weaknesses and how they've improved over the years. :D

I'm sure I'll read it tomorrow (I try to read one a day as not to go through them too quickly), so I'll be sure to comment. You did have good descriptions, don't get me wrong about that. I think a camp is a nice place for Sam to be in. Plus, you do raise a good point. I'm sure years from now, I'll look back at things that I've written, and certianly be a harsh critic of myself. :lol.

Well, today I had my last final of first semester of my junior year. I'm back in college after three years absence, and as a Creative Writing major, most of my classes deal with writing... Over the past few months, I've found myself growing more and more annoyed with my past work as I learn how to be a better writer. LOL It's definitely true that "you are your own worst critic."

So, I have no problems with any type of constructive criticism that anyone can give on either of my QLVS stories. In fact, I welcome it. I know there are a lot of things wrong, but sometimes it helps to have someone else put what those things are into words.

Joy