Old 06-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #26
gelfling1220
Accelerator Technician

Hi to all the new people!

I'm not a newbie either, but I figure I may as well (re)introduce myself too, especially since I don't post much.

I'm an 22 elementary school teacher from NYC. I enjoy writing too, though at the moment my energy is more towards writing radio plays and books for children (I've just gotten a note saying a book of mine is being passed around Scholastic Inc, but I beed an agent to be taken seriously). So far as QL is concerned, I've been chatting with this bunch for what I reckon is close to five years now, I am/was a writer and cover artist for the Quantum Leap Radio dramas and I'm the person behind theQL/Enterprise Crossover which I've been neglecting for a bit...

Anyway, welcome again and glad to meet y'all!
Old 06-24-2005, 06:29 PM   #27
Quantum Dreamer

Thank you all for the welcome to us new members. Just discovered this site today, while I was looking for some Quantum Leap episode guide, and this site was, easily, displayed on the first two result pages, so I decided to take a look. Wow! It's simply amazing, not even TV tome has a completelier guide like which is in this site. Then all those episode clips, songs, images, and people, wow! Gorgeous site! I don't think that any great show like Quantum Leap is, has a fan site just like this. Way to go! Congratulations to the administrators! :hurray

My name's Philip H. Loveland (H. is for Harry, but H. sounds way better in a horrible name like Harry), I'm 19, I started to be a fan since 1997. I own the first three seasons on DVD, but I have watched the whole series, though, thanks to re-runs, I live in San Diego, CA, USA, I live alone, I'm single, I work in Long Beach, CA, near Los Angeles, for a company named NEIL, who makes parts and combinations for every type of airplanes, and I love reading, watching horror, drama, thriller and sci-fi movies. My favourite episode is Dreams. I also love fan-fic, traveling, the mountains, the stars in a dark sky at 2 or 3 in the morning, Canada, Spain and France, the aurora borealis when I go to Alaska, and the sea. And now, this site.

Thanks for open this to us, new Leapers (practically).
And for all those further new members, welcome!
Old 06-24-2005, 11:12 PM   #28
DeadZoneLeaper
Observer's Aid

Hi, not a newbie. My name is Greg, 33, I start a new job on Monday for a company called WebXtreme where i will be a west coast tech rep. I spent 7 years in my chosen field of tv communications and hated it. I am single, and live alone in Lancaster, Pennsylvania (Amish country). I once had an idea of leaping Sam into an Amish person - maybe someday when the urge to write returns - right now the stories I wrote for Season 11 drained all the creativity out of me...besides, I am still kicking around a fan fic sequel series to the Greatest American Hero (a new person gets the suit in present time from the woman who took over for Ralph when his secret got exposed to the world - the actual episode this happened in never aired- new guy loses the instruction book, etc..) When QL was still airing I had a few ideas for episodes - like Sam being an astronaut...freaked me out when the leap-in was Sam as a space monkey - I thought it was my idea coming to life. Other ideas I had I was able to turn into Virtual Season stories over 10 years later - most notably Guinea Pig from Season 10. I had the first 1/3 of the story written out long before QL was cancelled by NBC. Luckily, the VS had a character update as to what had changed in the QL universe since Mirror Image so I was able to make changes to reflect the current state of Season 10.

To all newbies, welcome aboard...
Old 06-25-2005, 08:17 AM   #29
QL Damsel
Al's Place / TVS Administrator

Okay... I'm going to plug shamelessly here..... and for that, I'm sorry.....

Quantum Leap: The Virtual Seasons
is the one place where you can now find 180 fan-fiction stories for Quantum Leap! We are about to go on our seventh season online, so, Quantum Dreamer, if you like fan-fiction and you did say that you like to READ.... then there ya go!

Quantum Retribution
is another place where you can find stories about the Evil Leaper project. It's, of course, in the future, but eerily enough, it does tie into Quantum Leap...

Starbright Project
is another place where you can find stories that leads the characters to Starbright before there ever was a Quantum Leap... so, there's that to consider too.

You can read these in any order... because... in Quantum Leap -- Time is relative, right? *G*

I hope that you all get a chance to read and enjoy them.

Okay... enough shameless pluggery... I know, I'm bad... I can't help it!

Anyway.... welcome all! Old and New
Old 06-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #30
DeadZoneLeaper
Observer's Aid

Shameless Pluggery...on this site???
Old 06-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #31
naggin dragon

Hi everyone.

My name is Hayden. I'm from Australia, and I LOVE Quantum Leap (thanks to my Mum who got me hooked). Dean Stockwell is my favourite. If anyone wants a DVD of Down To The Sea In Ships, The Secret Garden or Sons and Lovers, just email me at naggin_dragon_2001@hotmail.com

I was wondering, if anyone has a copy of the alternate endings to MI, could they please send it to the above addy? Thanks heaps.

P.S. I'd love to read all that fan fiction, but the links don't seem to be working (if they are links lol). What are the sites?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:15 AM   #32
QL Damsel

Welcome Hayden!

The sites:

Quantum Leap: The Virtual Seasons

Quantum Retribution

Project Starbright

Enjoy!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:19 AM   #33
naggin dragon

Thanks a lot.

In reference to Quantum Retribution, I wonder if Zoe made it back to wherever it is she came from when she leapt, or if she's trapped in time now too. Obviously since no-one replaced Alia's counterpart in the waiting room, she's somewhere in time as HERSELF - but I wonder what happened with Zoe...?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #34
QL Damsel

Well, Quantum Retribution picks up on some of that.... and well... read it if you'd like.

Not going to give anything away....
Old 06-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #35
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Welcome Hayden,
I love your handle, and your little pic - is that Charmander?

Hope you'll be as happy here as I am, it is the best QL site ever.
And do check out the Virtual Seasons - wonderful stuff.
I'm a crazy Brit, but I love to chat about QL whenever I can get online at the same time as my transcontinental buddies.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #36
naggin dragon

I'm waaaaaaaay ahead of you LOL - I'm about a quarter of the way through episode 1.

Is this island they're on... Hell? And are they all... Demons?
Old 06-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #37
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

Let me post my welcome to all the new members of the board.

Let me reintroduce my self as well. My name is Tom and I have been a member for just over a year. I just turned 26 on June 21. I live in Bristol Connecticut. I graduated fron a Technical High School in '97 for electrical. (You can see how well I did since I didn't go into the field) I work as a Driving Instructor in Meriden and In July I am trying for my Advanced Instructors Licence. After I get that, I can start teaching in the classroom.

I am an avid reader. My favorite author is Jeffrey Deaver. (If anyone has seen the Denzell Washington movie The Bone Collector, it was very, very loosley based on Jeffrey Deaver's book of the same name.

I am also a gamer. I love the NASCAR racing games and role-playing too. PS2 Only.

I became a fan of QL when I was 12 and saw the episode Heart of a Champion I took, a while, but I managed to catch all the episodes in Syndication and to this day it remains my favorite show of all time.

But I also enjoy, Deadwood, and my favorite show from last season, House

I qam a big fan of Country music and Classic Rock as well. Right now in my Driving School car, I have a mixed CD featureing the likes of Elton John, Billy Joel, Lenyard Skynard, Simon and Garfunkle, Eric Clapton, and Journey.

Well, anyways, I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and observations on QL. It's always nice to meet a new leaper
Old 06-27-2005, 06:59 PM   #38
DeadZoneLeaper
Observer's Aid

From one birthday boy this past week to another, Happy Belated birthday Tom
Old 06-27-2005, 07:08 PM   #39
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

Thanks DZL
Old 07-03-2005, 06:48 PM   #40
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

hey, i just wanted to say that i apologize for my long absence, but i have been....well, i can't say i have been busy becasue that would be lying, but i have been lonely, and a bit worried about my best friend becasue she has been sick, and i am hearing from her today for the first time in like a week, but she is doing better now. i also have been racking my brian to right a decently deep song from Sam's point of view that i have been working on since like sometime last month. yeah, seriously. it's a kick in the butt becasue i am no good at writing songs, hehe. but i plan to share it here when i finish, asuming i do before i get married, hehe. in the meantime however i have been kinda reluctant to come back here until i finished it, but i am bored right now, with my best friend at dinner and thought i would take a peek and explain where i have been, and that i am not dead or quitting the group. i will always be here.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #41
Dark Silent Rocker

Yes. It's painfull being lonely, but it's more when a friend of yours is sick. Glad you're better now. You're getting married?

Nice site!

Post-date: My spell check window does not work.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #42
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Hi DSR, tell us about yourself if you'd like...
Old 07-05-2005, 05:52 PM   #43
Dark Silent Rocker

Hello. I love rock, progressive mostly, I love silence, I love metal progressive and dark metal, I like Nietzche, I like also new age music, and hate pop. I love of course Q. Leap and Carl Sagan. I like Star Wars (70's and just 2005 film) and I also love darkness, wellness, the night, dark suits and everything around black arts too. I hate rudeness, bad words and corruption. I don't like talking about myself so much. I study. Second grade of college.

Favourite rock band: Rush.
Favourite metal: Dream Theater.
Movie: The Shining. Kubrick.
Episode of Q. Leap: L. H. O.
Science Book: Cosmos. Sagan.
Fiction book: The Stand. King.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #44
DeadZoneLeaper
Observer's Aid

Cool...Rush and Dream Theater are awesome!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #45
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

Iread Contact some years ago and really enjoyed the book. They should have stayed truer to it for the movie.

I'm a big Stephen King Fan, although I have yet to read The Stand, I have it. You should try reading Jeffrey Deaver. He is my favorite Author. Always has those twists and turns you don'[t see coming
Old 07-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #46
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper

thats cool Tom, my mom used to be a huge steven king fan around the time i was born, but now she says that it appears to her that it kept all being kinda the same macabe image, if you get what i am saying, which i don't myself, this is only what my mom said. i myself like him ok, but i have only read two of his stories becasue it was for english class, The Body and Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:40 PM   #47
DeadZoneLeaper
Observer's Aid

Never been a huge Stephen King fan..the only book of his I ever read was Dead Zone of course...
Old 07-08-2005, 09:55 PM   #48
DeadZoneLeaper
Observer's Aid

It's also a tv show on USA Network...Season 4 just started
Old 07-11-2005, 06:57 PM   #49
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank redemption was deffinately worth the read, But my favorite King books are, Bag of Bones, The Green Mile, and The Dark Tower Series

In my opinion, those are his best works
Old 07-11-2005, 07:00 PM   #50
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Of the various King works I have read, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon has been my favorite.

That said, Dean Koontz is my favorite suspense/thriller author.