Old 07-19-2005, 08:44 AM   #51
QL Damsel
Al's Place / TVS Administrator

I love Dean Koontz and John Saul. I wish that I could write like them... *drat* I've read some of Stephen Kings stuff and it still just royally scares the snot out of me and I can't do it anymore. Hehehe. That's one cat that I don't even want to have his imagination. Imagine what his dreams are like. Yikes!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #52
JuliaM
Project Observer

Personally, I've never read any Stephen King - it's just not my cuppa. My aunt, however, used to live on one of the streets that appear in on of King's books - I just don't know which one.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:30 PM   #53
manitou
PQL Visitor

Uh... I'm kind of not sure if the new user introductions are over yet... but I thought I'd better say hello so everyone doesn't wonder who this strange 'manitou' person is who suddenly starts popping up all over the place...

I'm currently at university studying physics, as I've been fascinated by topics like time travel and such since I was a child, so naturally I love Quantum Leap.

I've been a fan of QL for quite a long time (my parents used to watch it when I was a kid, so I watched it as well) and I just recently found this place when I wondered what everyone from QL got up to after it finished and typed 'Quantum Leap' into a search engine.

So... uh... I decided to join... and, um... this is my saga up until this point...
Old 08-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #54
Dman176

It's no problem. I think we should either make this thread sticky or Brian or Morgan should create a new forum just for new members to introduce themselves. I've seen several active boards do this.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:48 PM   #55
Wesleym134
PQL Visitor

Hello there. I'm a big fan of QL. Ever since I watched it for the first time (I think I was either 4 or 5) I liked it.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #56
QL Damsel

Welcome Wesleym134!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:49 PM   #57
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesleym134
Hello there. I'm a big fan of QL. Ever since I watched it for the first time (I think I was either 4 or 5) I liked it.
Great avatar!

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:08 AM   #58
Wesleym134
PQL Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsplacebartender
Great avatar!
Thanks.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:16 AM   #59
admiralal90
PQL Visitor

Hey WesleyM134 gr8 avatar. Yup I started watching around the same age you did when I was 5. So we have that in common lol.

Always
Admiralal90
Al: That's a question, Sam.
admiralal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:34 PM   #60
Wesleym134
PQL Visitor

Of course I'm now 17 so that was a long time ago. I'm also working on a QL fanfic. I'll post it here on the board once I'm done with it.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #61
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Default Fanfic

Quote:
Of course I'm now 17 so that was a long time ago. I'm also working on a QL fanfic. I'll post it here on the board once I'm done with it.
Heyyyyy! Great, another writer. Did you hear that MJ??? We get to rope in another one.

Welcome aboard.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:01 PM   #62
QL Damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper1
Heyyyyy! Great, another writer. Did you hear that MJ??? We get to rope in another one.

Welcome aboard.
Yes, Helen, I see. Perhaps if Wesleym134 wants to write one for TVS, I wouldn't have a problem with that.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:30 AM   #63
Wesleym134
PQL Visitor

I'd be intrested on writing a fic for the Virtual Season. Though what should I write? *Thinks about what to write*
Old 08-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #64
jmellissa
Accelerator Technician

Hi there I am soooo glad to have found your post.

I am very new to Al's Place a Whole week old. So I am having truble... I don't understand the web set-up. when I open my (page) it tells me that I don't have any post, does that mean that I don't get any of the new post in my box or my page without going and looking aroud like how I found your post. I hope I am making ceance. I just want to chat with other about how Awesome Quantum Leap is. What is "threads" and how do I get onto a subscripton?? I can't wait to meet all of you...soon Jmellissa aka JJ
Old 08-23-2005, 04:21 PM   #65
McDuck
Junior Leaper

Hi JJ,

The post count is the number of posts you've made. So as a new subscriber, you'll start with 0 posts. It can sometimes be how quickly those numbers add up.

Subscribed threads would be those threads you've posted in. I believe it defaults to sign you up to each thread you respon to, which generates an e-mail to you notifying you of a reply (good way to keep track of threads you're really interested in, though the e-mails can start to add up <G>)

A thread is basically a string of posts under the same topic. If I initiate a new post, the subject line I enter becomes the topic of the new thread. Thread titles/subject lines help you to identify which posts you might want to read....or conversely, which posts you might want to skip (though why would anyone want to do THAT?? )

So....continue reading and replying. Just jump right in and add your two cents to any conversation you find intriguing. Don't be shy!!! And welcome!! :
Old 08-23-2005, 11:46 PM   #66
QL Damsel

Red face

Quote:
I'd be intrested on writing a fic for the Virtual Season. Though what should I write? *Thinks about what to write*
There are any number of stories out there for you to write, Wesleym134.

If you'd like to, email me and or message me (I'm usually online in the evening) and we'll chat about it if you'd like. Just let me know who you are... so I know who I'm talking to.

Also....

JJ... Welcome to Al's Place!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:46 AM   #67
Dman176

Not to rain on the writing parade, but I thought I'd mention that there's also Brian's prequel series, The Starbright Project: stories about Sam, Al, Donna, and Gooshie (among others, old and new) set during the 1980s, before any changes were made to history. I know Brian is sort of struggling to find some more writers to keep the project alive for at least another season, lol. (God only knows when I'll find that spark of inspiration to finish the one I've been writing. Writer's block is a terrible feeling...) As of now, there are only 9 stories to date (my first season finale is supposed to be the 10th episode), so there's not a lot of catching up to do for what's happened so far. Just thought I'd toss that out there too.

Of course, if you want to try your hand at writing a story for both The Virtual Seasons and The Starbright Project, that's even better! A few of us have been trying to link the continuity in all of the virtual series together.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:38 PM   #68
QL Damsel

I know that it's not up for writing, but if you want to add Quantum Retribution into the mix with that... it all ties in together... *G*...
Old 08-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #69
jmellissa
Accelerator Technician

OH thanks for your helpful help. I have been reading each post and find that I think I might be in with Al's place. I just love AL's place.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:49 PM   #70
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Thumbs up Welcome to Al's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellissa
OH thanks for your helpful help. I have been reading each post and find that I think I might be in with Al's place. I just love AL's place.
Hey, we all love Al's place, so you should feel right at home here.
Welcome.
Pull up a chair and have a Rodbeer
(assuming you are old enough to drink)
Look forward to hearing more from you.
This place truly is the greatest for all things Quantum Leap.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:13 PM   #71
Al's Handlink
Project Observer

JMellissa, Welcome to the Al's Place Message Board. It is always a good thing when we meet a new leaper. I for one am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and views of Quantum Leap.
Tom
Al's Handlink is offline   Reply With Quote