Old 07-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #76
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Thank you.

Mom got some work done and she says she's feeling better, is even hungry. We still don't know when she'll be released though.
--The Highway Man

Last edited by Errowyn; 07-09-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Errowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:00 AM   #77
angvav
Temporary Account

My heart and all the warmest thoughts imaginable go out to your mum

Hopefully she'll be released very quick
Old 07-13-2009, 03:29 AM   #78
jassian
Project Observer

Ah good news!

Let's hope they have some tasty food over there
Old 07-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #79
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Yes, I do hope that its not stereotypical hospital food that she's eating. She deserves something tasty following all that.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #80
angvav
Temporary Account

I think the tastiest thing is getting full health back
Old 07-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #81
jassian
Project Observer

True true
Athough a nice snack can be surprisingly encouragin, because it reminds you of how nice life can be
Old 07-14-2009, 06:49 PM   #82
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Mom's getting Starbucks coffee. Dad once looked at her indignantly and said "I don't get Starbucks coffee."

They are feeding her pretty well.
--The Highway Man
Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #83
angvav
Temporary Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassian View Post
True true
Athough a nice snack can be surprisingly encouragin, because it reminds you of how nice life can be
Ah!

True indeed
Old 07-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #84
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Well, Mom's not coming home today. She spiked two fevers and who knows when she'll be coming home. Understandably she's quite upset and Dad is staying up at the hospital overnight.

I'm here tending to the little fur bearing, four legged food gluttons--I mean--cats!
--The Highway Man
Old 07-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #85
angvav
Temporary Account

I hope she gets home quick smart.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:17 AM   #86
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errowyn View Post
I'm here tending to the little fur bearing, four legged food gluttons--I mean--cats!
Speaking as a cat person, I think that they should do wonders to cheer her up upon her return.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:06 AM   #87
jassian
Project Observer

Hang in there, all of you, one more hurdle. Maybe there'll be more but you can do it!

Cats sound like something to look forward too as well uhum.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #88
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Mom's relapsed into a new infection. They've x-rayed her, echoed her, and are getting ready to do a PET scan.

They've got her on Vancomycin which is the T-Rex of anti-biotics.

The only fortunate thing is Mom's so out of it she doesn't know if she's coming or going. Perhaps it's more merciful that way. she can't stress out about anything, only rest until she can get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboy View Post
Speaking as a cat person, I think that they should do wonders to cheer her up upon her return.
They were all over me last night as Dad wasn't around.
--The Highway Man
Old 07-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #89
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Mom's gone into critical condition and is in I.C.U. They don't know if she'll make it.

Dad's going up to Stanford right now.

Mom's medically young and strong and this infection is ravaging her body like there's no tomorrow. The worst is they don't know what it is that's causing it. They're pumping her full of the strongest anti-biotics known to man and hoping that makes a dent in it until they find out what it is.

Either way it's down to the wire.

I don't think I'll sleep tonight.
--The Highway Man
Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #90
ohboy
Junior Leaper

This is horrible news, once again. I think that fate is quite unfair that everytime she seems to be doing better, something bad happens again. I'll say another prayer tonight.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #91
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Thanks.

The doctors think that it's an infected pickline and a very bad reaction to chemotherapy.

They're saying chances are good that she'll survive the hospital provided there's nothing serious.

Now here's the you're busted if you do, busted if you don't comes in. The cancer Mom has is very agressive and will come back. How do you give chemo to someone who becomes deathly ill by it? Ever hear about the poison and the cure in the same bottle?

The doctors say chances are she'll make it one year but most likely not past two and definately not past five.

But then who knows? I should've died several times over. Guess I'm too stubborn to die.

So...what do you do? That's the question we're asking right now.
--The Highway Man
Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #92
Imagine
Control Room Technician

How is your mom doing now, Errowyn? I hope she feels better.

EDIT: You posted the same time. :-)

It's hard to make a decision now. I don't know really what I should say. It's a sad situation and I'll think of you and your mom.

Perhaps sometimes it better to enjoy the time you have on earth instead of feeling more ill with medicine. Who knows how long it will take without medicine? Who knows if the medicine wouldn't help really. It's truly a hard decision...
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #93
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Mom's gotten worse over night. She's on a ventilator and is heavily sedated.

Her white blood cell count has skyrocketed meaning her body is being attacked by everything from the common cold to pneumonia.

They don't know if she'll make it. They say if she makes it 24 hours there's a chance she'll survive. Right now they're going for six.

I'm praying my next post won't be about her passing.
--The Highway Man
Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #94
Imagine
Control Room Technician

Can't say anything... I'm praying for you and your family, Errowyn.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #95
Sherdran
Observer's Aid

I've been praying for your mom and you and your family all morning, and I will continue to pray.

Eleiece

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Friends are the Jell-O of life - there's always room for more."
Sherdran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #96
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherdran View Post
I've been praying for your mom and you and your family all morning, and I will continue to pray.

Eleiece
Same here.
Thoughts and prayers remain with you.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #97
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

It's been a little over three hours and the doctor says there's no change. What ever this illness is it's pounding her body. Her white blood cell counts are literally off the chart and she's on full life support. She's heavily sedated right now. The doctor says it's everything from the common cold to a more severe illness.

They've established it's the chemo that's done it. The problem is without it she'll be dead within a year. How do you administer a cure when it's the treatment that destroys you?

And now the powers that be have decided to post notices saying don't park your cars on the street because they're repaving. ...They're only three days late in that notice.

That's it. They made me break it out...
--The Highway Man
Old 07-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #98
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Personally, it should be her decision. Does she want to stay on life-support and undergo further chemo therapy or not? While I'm usually one of the more adamant conservatives (in California, no less ), I'm a moderate on this issue. It should be up to the patient.

The best thing you can do, in my opinion, is see what your mother wants, and then support it as best you can. But I agree with what everyone else says: you should savor every moment with your mother. If this makes sense: get to know her as well as you would like. I'm sure you'll want to spread her legacy to your children one day. This may sound callous at first, but some people end up dying suddenly. If this is true, and the doctors can't do anything, you can make every moment count, something that many of us never do. Keep up your spirits, Errowyn!

Oh, and nice motivational poster.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #99
angvav
Temporary Account

My god

Errowyn, my soul, my heart and all my thoughts go out to you.

Please do one thing - don't think she won't make it.

I know it's easier said than done.

Don't give up to life - as it can be totally unfair at times.

Hang in there.

And I dearly hope she gets out of this somehow.

I will be praying everyday.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #100
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Dad called to tell me she's doing better. Thanks to a quick thinking nurse it appears she's going to make it.

I really feel like a carrier pidgeon having to deliver the information to everyone my parents know.

A friend of mine in South Carolina made an interesting comment when she called me.

Her: "You're like a soldier, you know that?"
Me: "Pardon?"
Her: "Your parents are like the generals. Everyone notices the generals and some to most forget the soldiers who work behind the scenes."

Funny how people come up with odd comments in times of great trauma.

I'd imagine Dad at least will be coming back by the end of the week. I don't know when Mom will be coming back.
--The Highway Man