PM Spam!

systemcat

Project QL Intern
Not sure if this topic should be here so Mod.s move if need be.

A new member just PMed me spam :realmad ! Has this ever happened to any one else here, cause it's new to me. Here's the message edited ...

Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein---Jeannettehttp://www.< edit >.com/ < edit >

systemcat said:

A new member just PMed me spam :realmad ! Has this ever happened to any one else here, cause it's new to me. Here's the message edited ...

Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein---Jeannettehttp://www.< edit >.com/ < edit >

I received the same message today. From a new member , I do not know who she/he is... Hope it will help the bartender to avoid spamming...

Okay folks,
I'm a moderator, but until now I didn't realise I had sufficient access rights to deal with this!

I've banned "Jeannette" for a day, and passed your complaints (which I've also had from others via pm) on to Brian.

On behalf of Al's Place I'd like to apologise for this disruption to the normal service, and I'm sure Brian will have it dealt with soon.

Spam.jpg

No spam for me, please!

spam

systemcat said:

-----------------------------
I got one of those today, too

i got 2, one from the infamous Jeanette, and one from Ray2007, however, I cannot access my PM's to quote the last one.

"You now have to post at least 5 times on the forums before being allowed to pm. This is to try and help stop the spammers."

I guess this is why I cannot access private messages. I'm still too new. -- Hello!

Lorilei

Thanks to you, it's very difficult to block the SPAMS, I understnad.
I havereceived th e-mail too.

Thanks for you effort.
CRIS

alsplacebartender said:
Sorry guys - I have the user banned permanently now. I try to look carefully at each membership submission before approving, but some spammers really make themselves look legit.

Thanks for the heads up everyone and for understanding!

Lorilei said:
"You now have to post at least 5 times on the forums before being allowed to pm. This is to try and help stop the spammers."

I guess this is why I cannot access private messages. I'm still too new. -- Hello!

Lorilei

That's true - just join in the conversations about three more times and you'll be able to private message. :)