Chatroom suggestions

Bexter

Project QL Intern
Mar 13, 2007
Western Australia
www.myspace.com
I hope i'm not overstepping the mark to make this suggestion. I often log in during the day, open chat and then leave it minimized while I work waiting for someone else to join me, but usually I'm just sit there all by myself (I should be used to this, it happens at parties too - ha ha) I think people just forget to check if someone is there. I was wondering if it was possible to have a little window somewhere up the top of the screen thats always there that just says [Members in chatroom: #]. That sort of reminds people, and then if they notice someone is in there, then they can pop it too.

Just a suggestion, and I would not be offended at all if you think its NOT a very good one. (i meant to write 'not' to start with, I had to edit it in later, sorry)

Last edited:
Hmm. I've actually got an idea for this. I've got a "Welcome Box" on my forum that might be good here.

I think it needs to be more obvious that people are online and some way of IM'ing them to see if they want to chat, they have that on the poetry site i'm on. I must admit I haven't been on much lately and haven't been in chat, i'd like to go on it again though.

I actually think that you are on to something, Bexter. If I may add to that, I think that a type of "Invite" button should be placed there. That way one dosen't have to send a PM inviting someone to chat, but instead one just get's a message on screen saying that "X invites Y to chat".

I'm sure that there's some flaws to that, which is exactly why I post these ideas before thinking them through all the way, just incase they are really good ideas, but I've thought of all the bad things about them and at this point am too self-concious to post them.

Unless, of course, you already have something like this, in which case could someone politely direct me to it, delete this, and we will never speak of this again.

P.S. Bexter, I've shared your situation at parties. 8o

ohboy said:
P.S. Bexter, I've shared your situation at parties. 8o

LOL!!! My friend beth came over tonight and suggested i do something for my birthday, but then I got all freaked and said 'but no one will come' so we are just going out together instead!! but beleive me, if you guys were all nearby I'd invite you.

Hey all!

All I popped in to say is...

Chatrooms are alot of fun and a great way to get to know interesting people you may not otherwise get to know. I hope the one here gets more action soon, because I'd love to jump in from time to time.