Extended Downtime

feldon30

Forum Technician
Jul 13, 2005
SC
Greetings,

I am not only a huge fan of Quantum Leap, but also responsible for keeping the server running that Al's Place depends upon. I just want to apologize for the extended downtime we have had over the last 2 days.

A security issue was discovered with the server and immediate action had to be taken to prevent any data loss or other misadventures. We ended up being moved to yet another server, and some gymnastics had to be performed with hard drives to get everything going again. We are also going forward with monthly security audits to protect the server.

I care a lot about Quantum Leap and this site and that is why I have gotten this site restored before I get any of my other websites restored. I know how important this website will be as we get closer to the 2009 Quantum Leap Convention.

Kindest Regards,

Morgan

Forgive me if this is an ignorant question.

Did this affect everyone who goes on this website, or just people in certain areas, because I noticed that a few posts seemed to be after I was cut off?

Thank you for everything you've done and have a nice day :D

Thanks!

Thanks for your hard work, Morgan. As a former IT guru myself, I know how nerve-wracking a threat like that can be. Thanks for making this site a top priority, and reassuring me that I wasn't banned! :) Your hard work is appreciated, sir.

Chris :)

I feared some one forgot to pay the bill to keep this place up :( .

You wanna hear some thing odd? I checked the virtual series sites linked into Al's Place and they were all down but the message board for one area of the forum. The area for QL Devil's Due. Guess that area was lucky 8) .

Morgan,

Thanks for keeping us safe and for all the hard work getting us going again!

Al's Place is a huge website and forum so it's a big deal that he got us running first.

I also got The Leap Back 2009 convention site back up as it is on the same server.

Pretty soon we'll be upgrading to the latest version of our forum software with a few neat little things thrown in to make it even better I believe.

Thanks again Morgan!