Help me find an episode with a karate kick!

J

jens12

hello,

I am looking for an episode in which Sam knocks out an opponent with a karate kick.

Also, Sam/the leaped-into-person performs that kick as someone who was in or just has came back from war.

So far i have found one episodes that contains a match:

1.The Leap Back - June 15, 1945: In this episode Sam kicks some other guy who had tried to marry his girlfriend while the leaped-into-person/Sam was in World War Two.

If you can think of any other episode that may contain similar action then please write it down here.

Very weird question, I know, but it is linked to some personal childhood memory which I try to recover.

Any help is appreciated!

It's possible he may have used karate in the "Rebel Without a Clue" episode in season 3, the one where he leapt into a biker. It's been awhile since I've seen that one though, so I'm not positive about that.

I just watched part of the "Another Mother" episode (season 2 I believe) and Sam used karate to fight off some bad guys--Kicked and punched them. And Al was telling him he knew karate, judo, and several other martial arts.

Hope that helps some.

you were all right about the other episodes. They all contain some karate kicks, but "the leap back" is the episode I was looking for.

After seeing it again after about 20 years I found out that the original dialogues were slightly different. The Lines spoken differ from what I remember.

Are there different versions of certain episodes?

I just watched part of the "Another Mother" episode (season 2 I believe) and Sam used karate to fight off some bad guys--Kicked and punched them. And Al was telling him he knew karate, judo, and several other martial arts.

Hope that helps some.

It's always funny watching Sam do martial arts in a dress. Song for the Soul is another prime example. It's even funnier if we see it happen in the mirror, like in Dr Ruth :nut

Dr. Ruth was a riot. Poor straight-laced Sam jumping into Dr. Ruth, LOL. And Al having counseling sessions. I loved it when he would leap into women.

Oh, yeah, that was a good one. Sam's not knowing where or who he was when he would leap made for some special moments. There was usually something funny about every episode, even if the subject matter was a little more serious. He always managed to come though in the end and do what he was supposed to even if there were rough patches during the process. The only episode I don't remember laughing at least once was "Last Dance Before An Execution". That one was pretty intense and hard to sit through, although it was a good episode and things did turn out right in the end. Poor Sam.

Please help me with this question:

Are there different versions of certain episodes?

I think I found the one episode I was looking for (leap back).

But the original dialogues in that episode were slightly different. The Lines spoken differ from what I remember.

Is that possible?

Well, it depends on if you watched the show when it originally aired on NBC or if you watched a syndicated rerun. The syndicated episodes have scenes/lines cut so they could play more commercials. Many fans call these versions of the eps "syndicuts."

Well, it depends on if you watched the show when it originally aired on NBC or if you watched a syndicated rerun. The syndicated episodes have scenes/lines cut so they could play more commercials. Many fans call these versions of the eps "syndicuts."

I watched that certain episode the first time when it aired on TV in the 1990s. It may have been a rerun I cannot say for sure.

Only recently I was able to rewatch it on hulu.com where commercials also have been shown.

How do I find the complete uncut version of that episode? Do I need to buy the show's official DVD?

From what I've gathered, the music is replaced on the DVDs because there are ridiculous licensing/copyright issues when the show goes to DVD. I don't think QL is the only show with that problem, although I'm not an expert on that.

It's my understanding, too, that it's mostly a problem in the U.S.; it's not so much a problem in other regions (U.K. and so on). I'm glad I found this out before I bought the DVDs. I'm saving up my money to buy a multiregion DVD player and buy the QL DVDs from the U.K.

It's riduclous to have that problem after the show has already been on T.V. I have a hard time believing they couldn't put a little effort into releasing the show with the original soundtrack. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb I say. :realmad

There are advantages and disadvantages however you look at it. The show itself is worth having just to watch Scott and Dean. However, part of its charm was the music in the background. It takes away from it when the music is butchered.

Last edited: