Tidbits of QL trivia and information

mstalanon

Project QL Intern
Apr 30, 2002
Independence, MO
Date: 02/19/2000

Here is a tidbit on Quantum Leap:

The reason Ziggy and Sam drink the same in "Mirror Image" is because in "Future Boy" they drink their milk the same at dinner.

Article 534:
big awsome news

Date: 03/04/2000

ok today my parents had a parent teacher confince with my english teacher Mrs.Pratt well in the discousion the subject of what tv shows i watched poped up and due to doing kinda badly in schoo...well thats a different story...anyway i went through a list and QL was one and she paused and said her 2nd cousin debbie pratt happened to write for that show i was like WOW!!!it was so cool to know my teacher is related to the writer of ql

Reply 1:
That's cool
Date: 03/04/2000
That's awesome. You should ask her to tell her cousin to tell Bellisario (who, by the way, is Deborah Pratt's husband) to start the show up again.

Reply 2:
If I were you...
Date: 03/05/2000

If I were you I'd arrange to meet with Debbie Pratt. Hell, you could possibly meet Bakula or Stockwell one day.

Article 1994:
Another QL connection...

Date: 05/11/2001

I don't know if anyone's noted this one before, but it came to me in a flash out of nowhere last night.

Bruce Gill, who played Weird Ernie in Genesis and Al the Bartender in MI, guest-starred in a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. He played the Captain of a rather interesting vessel, a Timeship responsible for fixing problems in the space time continuum. Sort of coincidental that he appeared in that particular role - the leader of a group putting things right that once went wrong, perhaps? :)

Take it easy,
Doc

Reply:
Interesting...

Date: 05/12/2001

It all seems to come full circle then. Bruce on the very first ep of QL and the very last, then in StarTrek with a time travel scenario and now Scott from QL about time travel in StarTrek. BTW, I think it's "McGill". Thanks for sharing...

Article 2004:

Nice detail in Quantum Leap

Hi i recently watched QL 4x20 The Curse of the Ptah-Hotep and noticed something really great :)
When Sam or any other person is talking in the "grave-chamber" their voices got much of reverberation but Al doesnt have any :) because he is talking in the imaging chamber and not in the hall in which Sam is...
That is a really great detail, altough ziggy could simulate this of course...like the wind Al is experiencing...
are there any other such physical details they showed in quantum leap?

Reply:

It is fun

Hi Lt. Wonderful effect wasn't it? Great of you to post this nuance. I like these small effects the best.

Just for fun, I also watch for mirror images of Sam as Sam, instead of the person he leaped into....just little oversights. Like when Sam is reflected in the door window glass of the train in Honeymoon Express, while Sam and Al were talking about "pulling the plug."

Makes it fun, doesn't it?