Do the people Sam Leaps into know what Sam did??

mstalanon

Project QL Intern
Apr 30, 2002
Independence, MO
Date: 07/29/1999

Hey all, first time and all, and I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me? This is the first time since its initial releast that I am watching QL each episode in order and I was wondering, do the people Sam leaps in know what Sam did while he was in their lives? Do they explain this ever in the series, if so I missed it. How do they know where to pick up their lives at? Or do they just know what happened as if they themselves lived it? Anyone know? Thanx for your help.
===========================
Hi! and welcome

Well, in the series they never really in depth with that. But in one of the QL novels Donnna thinks that when Sam leaps out his brains merge with the person's again; so he get some memories of Sam's stay. I think that's a buyable explanation.

===========================
They think it's a dream

Person's react to the experience as if it were a dream. On the show, it wasn't addressed too much. They can't really pick up where Sam left them off, because the only recollection they could have of the events are due to the reasons listed by lazy21--which can't really be the whole description of what went on. They likely just go on living as if nothing had ever happened.

I highly recommend the novel "Foreknowledge" by Christopher Defilippis. It really answers the question "But what happens when the people go back?" (as is written in the acknowledgements).

Re: People Sam Leaps into

Article 904:
Decent people

Date: 01/03/2001

It seems to me that nearly all of the people that Sam leaps into are decent people. I know there are some exceptions such as the man in Tale of Two Sweeties and Blood Moon. I haven't seen all of the episodes so I am sure there are some more but they are the exceptions rather than the rule. I would appreciate comments.

Reply:
To billcreeper

Hey billcreeper! I haven't had the advantage of seeing all the episodes of QL either, but here's my opinion:
Since GTF is leaping Sam through time, He obviously would want to leap Sam into a good person who would have the best advantage of helping the person on that specific leap. This would also be the case in that Sam's a good, honest, loving, caring person; the perfect candidate to fill the position of leaping from life to life, putting right what once went wrong.
Now in some cases, he may leap into an immoral person, but only in order to help that person's life and the others who are affected by that person. GTF wouldn't put Sam in situation that He thought that Sam couldn't handle (this is also the case with the QL writers).
Hope to hear from you soon! LEAP ON!!!
- warrior809

Reply:
To Bill and Warrior/everyone, too

I am definitely not disagreeing because I think you two are exactly right...GTF wants Sam to help usually good people and oftentimes, GTF wants him to help the person he's leaped into.

If I could just add one point, which you all have already made...a couple of times, Sam leaped into some really bad people...like you mentioned ...Blood Moon (a vampire), Killing Time (a sociopathic killer), and Double Identity (a mafia hit man and a mafia don).

Reply:
question
Date: 01/04/2001
What is " GTF " please ?

Reply:
GTF

Date: 01/04/2001

In the show, when Al and Sam talk about the higher power that took control of Sam's leaping, they refer to this higher power as "God, Time, or Fate." Sometimes, they say "God, Time, Fate, or Whatever." They don't know who or what took control of Sam's leaping, so they equivocate.

Thus..."GTF" or "GTFW"