How I would have ended the show

thehawk

Project QL Intern
Mar 23, 2008
Hope it's the right forum, if not move it please :) A couple of days ago I ended up thinking about the series finale episode, thinking how that episode was not supposed to be the last of the series of course. In my opinion, Quantum Leap had to go on for at least a couple of more season. After all, there were still many people (or animal) in which Sam could have leapt. What I wanted to however focus on, was the ending. Always IMHO, that Sam would have never returned home was not planned, it was just a way to kill the series off since we wouldn't have seen the real ending. How I would have ended the series? Like this. In the final season of the show, Sam would discover - in every episode - something new which would help him get home. Now since his memory is "swiss-cheesed", it would be Al to collect all this information for Sam. In the final two episodes of the season, and series, with the help of Al, Sam would get all the information gathered during the season and return home. But what about all those people in need of help? The Quantum Leap would no longer be experimental and top secret. It would go public and leapers would start getting recruited so as they bounce in time and do what Sam has done for years and years :)