help for signature

des

Project QL Intern
Jul 29, 2007
Italy
I'm trying my signature, but the lowest part is cut. Can somebody help me?
The image's size is: 443-133pixel.
In the Preview however is perfect!

I'm trying my signature, but the lowest part is cut. Can somebody help me?
The image's size is: 443-133pixel.
In the Preview however is perfect!

I'm having the same problem now, but with words. It let me fill the box with my signature, but it cuts off the bottom. Is this something the forum does automatically, or is thing something that only my computer is doing?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I know this will sound silly, but does it matter how many words you type?

Not really. I've seen longer signatures and this is the first time something like this happens. It's probably just a current problem the site is having (perhaps even all of the vBulletin forums). Let's see if the administrators/moderators can fix this soon.

Not really. I've seen longer signatures and this is the first time something like this happens. It's probably just a current problem the site is having (perhaps even all of the vBulletin forums). Let's see if the administrators/moderators can fix this soon.

Hmm. I've seen it with a few other members, with their signatures getting cut off. But you are right, I'm sure the moderators or administrators can fix it. Even so, it's not really too big a problem, because the bottom is just legal talk regarding my profile picture anyways. I guess this is the only problem with having a different picture than the avatar. Two pleas not to sue. :lol

Try a smaller font size ohboy. I guess the length restriction may apply to your text as well. The point where it cuts off looks familiar.

Hmm. I've seen it with a few other members, with their signatures getting cut off.

What I meant was that, since I visit these boards (around 2003 or so, although I joined until 2008), this is the first time I notice an issue like this with the signatures (text only; I've heard about the other ones with the images, and it's nothing new). I've seen many other members who had longer text signatures and nothing ever happened. The bottom never got cut off, as it's being now. It could be extended as much as you wanted. I remember a fellow who was here around 2005 (I think that was the time when the administrators decided to switch the forums from ezboard to vBulletin) who even had a poem in his signature, and, everytime he posted, it was complete, without any problems, even on vBulletin, and he had like 25 lines (normal font size, too), so this is weird. I think vBulletin has already added a limit for the text as well, which kinda sucks because I wanted to have my own lengthy signature. Oh, well!

I guess this is the only problem with having a different picture than the avatar. Two pleas not to sue. :lol

I don't know why people are always afraid of this. They're not going to sue you only because you're using certain images for your avatar. It would be understandable if you were trying to make money with them. Now, that would be different. But on a forum's avatar? Nope. It's really not so important to them, especially when a forum is as quiet and harmless as this one.

Hehe! Imagine. In that case, all of us who have an avatar in this place would be sued, mainly by DPB himself, so don't worry.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, Jassian. It all fit now.

And thanks to Night Terror and Angvav. I will admit that I'm a bit paranoid about that type of thing. Still, better safe than sorry, right? However, I can understand and respect your point. One person even told me that they do get free publicity out of using images, so you are right, it wouldn't be feasible to go after me.

By the way, Night Terror, it's funny that you should mention looking through a forum for a long time before joining one. I actually wait, and check out a forum, for at least one week before I decide to go ahead and join it. I figure I should get to know as much about it as possible, just in case I join it, and then decide I don't like it, but I'm still stuck with an account there. There was one exception, and that forum didn't turn out well.

Last edited:
The Signature box is artificially limited to 120px high. So that is why larger sigs get cut off.

Brian thought about this quite hard and wanted to be fair but also it should be people's comments which people's eyes are drawn to.

Oh, I can appreciate that. I've visited many forums where the signatures were ten times as long as the message in most cases. Most of them were these huge pictures that were over the top.

That comment made me realize that mine was probably a bit too large, so I trimmed it back again.

That comment made me realize that mine was probably a bit too large, so I trimmed it back again.

It looks good :)

That's why I don't use a signature anymore, I used to in other places,
but I prefer it now if only my post is seen.