1002 The Final Solution, Part II

The Final Solution, Part II

• 5 ? This is an excellent episode! One of my personal favorites!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
The Final Solution, Part II
November 17, 1941

Auschwitz-Birkenau, Poland

Sam leaps into a German man in 1961, and finds that he is on trial for war crimes during W.W.II. During the leap, Sam is taken to visit one of the concentration camps, Auschwitz-Birkenau. During his time there, Sam leaps further back in time (November 1941) and into one of Al's relatives to experience the horrors firsthand.

Written by: Sue Johnson

Thanks,
TVS Team

(2-way tie)

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.25

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
First I'll have to put two wrongs right in my previous review: - I'd thanked the author for "not dwelling too deeply upon (...) the atrocities of that time and place." But there are some descriptions in this 2nd part which were very, very hard to read without having in mind that REAL people witnessed this - also, I don't think Don B could have made a TV ep with it; simply because the most violent scenes would have been watered down to be "suitable for a family audience," and thus would not reflect accurately such a horrible reality.

One thing is sure: I'll always remember this season opener and also this phrase "one colossal wrong that could never be righted; not even by God himself." How could I forget the quite unusual way Sam fulfills his mission, Al's reaction when he thinks Sam WILL die because the Leap-out doesn't come when expected, and the final question "where did the bullets go?" (will this mystery be solved in Sue Johnson's next story in December?): this is top quality stuff and it'll be hard to beat on the rating scale. But I trust the VS writers for this season to be another great one!

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate THE FINAL SOLUTION, Part 2 a 9 (This was a great story. Will definitely tell others about it.) A fitting conclusion to a great two-part story. Very good job, Sue!

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
What can I say? This was just brilliant! My heart was breaking knowing that these events really happened. How the Nazi regime could have slept at night knowing what they had done is beyond my comprehension. I think this paragraph from the story says it all:

"But he couldn't help them now, not even he who had been given the chance to right wrongs. This was one colossal wrong that could never be righted; not even by God himself. He had created man and man in his indulgence had decided that the supreme race would triumph over subservience."

In my honest opinion, this is one of the best QL stories period. :)

RATING: 10

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
A good read.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
Nicely done.

RATING: 9.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
It's a wonderfully written season opener.

RATING: 9.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited by a moderator:
SUE,
I just knew the 2nd half of the story would be tough for me
to read.You did a hell of job with facts of history and mixing
in with the leap.Leaping into Al's aunt very imagintive the 2nd
half It was excellently put together reminds me of history
class high school the way did it.

For You Sue...

As per the instructions given by the raters...

1001-2Flowers.jpg

Thank you!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Re: For You Sue...

This is so wonderful and so unexpected. :eek:

Thank You everyone

What a lovely surprise, I hope you like "Eeny, Meany, Miny, Mo" just as much. :rollin

The Final Solution - Part II

Wow, Sue... that's just about all I can say. This was a great conclusion following your excellent first episode. Everything you wrote in such detail, and the historical accuracy is very intruiging. I liked the tie-in with Al's aunt. It leaves me wondering if she managed to survive... hmmm... The greusome details about the time period certainly put that war into perspective.

The only downside is that the ending seemed kind of abrupt to me. I was kind of expecting to read something about Al and Donna, assuring her that her husband is still alive.

Nonetheless, I rated it a "5", because this is simply one of the best VS episodes (part 1 and 2 together) that I have ever read.

Great work, meine Freundin! :D

... Mike. ^_^

Re: The Final Solution - Part II

Think I said it all over on Al's Place messageboard but please add on any words it's members come up with. Brilliant, is all I can say, for want of a better word.

This applies to both parts.

~Brian