1018 The Picnic

The Picnic

• 3 ? This episode was good. It was worth reading.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters
D

Dman176

The Picnic

(Leap date: unknown)
A meadow...somewhere...

It's a beautiful day. The sun's shining, and a soft breeze is blowing...there's even a brook nearby. And there's also a very pretty woman with a picnic basket in one hand and a blanket over her arm. So what is Sam there to fix?

Written by: M. J. Cogburn & C. E. Krawiec

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited:
Our rating system this season consisted of six raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode.

Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 8.45

Some of the comments given were:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Valery S. Gemini said:
Poor Al, anxious and yelling at the whole staff who scattered Ziggy's components all over the Control Room... I almost wished GTFW somehow managed to tell him that Sam wouldn't need his assistance at all during this relaxing leap!

Wonderful idea indeed. And considering what seems to be on store for next week (cf. Epilogue) I guess WE ALL needed a break!

RATING: 8.75

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sporty said:
I would rate THE PICNIC a 7 (This was a pretty good story. It was worth reading.)

I liked the idea of Sam having a break from all the leaping he endures, poor Al not be able to get in touch with him. But it all ended happily anway. Great story!

RATING: 7.0

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Morris Finkle said:
I didn't know what to expect from this episode after reading last week that Sam requested a "day off," so I was pleasantly surprised. This had an almost "Mirror Image" feel to it, and I suspect that that was what MJ and Eleiece had in mind when they co-wrote it: something a little bit... "different" than we're used to. :)

(On another note: next week looks to be a whopper of a story, just from the leap-in alone. Perhaps it wasn't a coincidence that this "vacation" story is a lead-in to the big "February Sweeps" event... the "calm before the storm" indeed!)

RATING: 9.25

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seeker said:
Unable to rate.

RATING: NR

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sparky said:
No comment given.

RATING: 8.5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kazzi said:
No comment given.

RATING: 8.75

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks!
The Virtual Seasons Team

Last edited:
A wonderful change of pace, and a well deserved spell of R and R for Sam.
Yes, it does look like the calm before the storm!

Reminds me of a great fanfic story I read years ago through Quantum Quest called "Even Time Travellers need Time Out" (or "Time Off", it was a lotta years ago,) but I remember it as a very moving story.
Lovely touch having references to familiar names as in Mirror Image - Mz Mel'ny, Jimmy, and of course Angelita.