06-24-05 and Stardust

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
Well, I just finished editing and blowing my freaking nose!
I'm happy to say that this summer is about to be filled with something new at The Virtual Seasons.

For the next eleven weeks -- barring one week that I'll be out for vacation in Jamiaca -- The Virtual Seasons will be hosting a story from Jennifer Rowland entited: "Stardust".

This story is a PREQUEL to Quantum Leap. It's a wonderful story of how Sam Beckett and Albert Calavicci may have met and become the friends that they are in Quantum Leap.

It holds all the major points that is reflected in Quantum Leap canon and if Donald Bellasario had this in mind when he made Quantum Leap... then... *sniffles as another tear tracks down her face* then so be it.

*sheepishly grins*

Jennie, honey, you out did yourself with this story. You ran the full gambit of emotions within it and I for one am honored to put it on the site. ((Brian... you're going to have to break down and read this one!))

I'll be putting it up on the site tomorrow during the day sometime... and I hope that everyone will get the chance to read it chapter by precious chapter -- just like I did -- except spread out over the next 11 weeks. Editors previledge does have it's advantages.

For new Quantum Leap fans who haven't seen all of the episodes -- this story will not in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM hurt for you to read it. If anything, it will help base the foundation of the relationship that Al and Sam have throughout the show. I recommend it! Plus, it will give you a weekly push to get you closer to the time when Season Three will come out... or is it Four? Either way... you get a weekly boost of Quantum Leap. :) Nothing wrong with that, is it?

Again, Jennie... it's a priviledge... and an honor!!! And I'm going to go ahead and say it here too... Thank you Ann Marie T-M (Last name deleted for now). From what I've heard... this story would have been put away without your support and encouragement. Thank you.

OK.

Now that I've thoroughly embarrassed Jennie and made myself look all mushy to go along with the tear-stained face from reading this story... I'll take my leave.

Thanks,

Ohhhhhhhh newleaper, I'm sorry hon. Tell you what, I'll post the first chapter and Jennie's acknowledgements as soon as I'm able to tomorrow morning, okay? Then you won't have to wait exactly 24 hours.

Is that any better?

Well, I could break down and go ahead and update the site later tonight when I get home from a visit to a friend's father in the hospital. If I'm not too tired when we get back, I just might.

Save you a few hours Newleaper. :)

Aww you're such a sweetheart! I'll have to check before I go to bed! I'll be on the road all day tomorrow, so it would be a pleasant surprise!

Everyone, let me tell you just what a GREAT story this is! I remember when Jennie was first writing it - definitely MY favorite "Al meets Sam" story out there, and there are some good ones. I once toyed with the idea of writing one and figured I couldn't top hers, so I didn't. ;)

And, Jennie, let me tell you, when I read your acknowledgements page, I think I blushed - you are SO sweet.... :eek:

-Ann Marie

:) :) No need to :eek: , Ann Marie. If not for you, I don't know if I would've picked it up again back then.

And...wow...I didn't know it was your favorite. I'm actually a bit speechless. THANK YOU! :)

Hey, Jennie, you might want to check out the comment I left for you at the VS board. :D

Wow. Lately (or rather, for the past year or so) I've found myself not extremely interested in reading fanfic in *any* fandom. But I thought I'd try this to see if I can bring myself out of my creative stupor, and wow..... boy did it ever!

Just earlier in the day before the story was posted, I went to the VS site with all intentions of getting caught up. But for some reason, I just couldn't muster enough interest (I know.... what's wrong with me?!).

But then I sat and read Stardust from beginning to end and I can't wait for more! I think I may just be able to get myself to catch up on my reading, too!

Jennie, you are an *awesome* writer and this story is brilliant! Thank you so much for snapping me out my weird "can't read anything" phase!

Joy (who loves her new signature quote)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank you.

Can't wait to hear what you all think of Chapter Two.....

(btw, my sense of humor is just twisted enough to LOVE Joy's sig.... <wg>)

I can't wait to *read* Chapter Two!

I just love the atmosphere that you've given Project Starbright. Sam's fellow scientists are very cool and fun to read about... and that "grog" sounds *very* interesting... hehehe

And I can't take credit for my sig-quote. It's a Wonka quote from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"... They were playing clips from the film on various entertainment news programs yesterday (Monday).

Joy

You didn't have to take it out because I said anything about it Joy. I actually, kinda liked it too. :D

I mean... I enjoyed Silence of the Lamb and really enjoyed Hannibal... even as gross as they are. ;)

As for reading Chapter Two.... FRIDAY! It'll come out on FRIDAY!!!!!

:D

And I'm preparing for the need to go into hiding for a week afterwards. <wg>

Ann Marie, Eleiece, Helen, and MJ know why.... <g>

(edited to add: I figured it was a Wonka quote, Joy. That's part of what I found so funny about it! Can just imagine Depp's delivery!)

You didn't have to take it out because I said anything about it Joy. I actually, kinda liked it too.

Actually, I didn't take it out.... Seems EZboard did for some reason... And it seems to keep wanting to do so.....

And, yay! Part two comes on Friday! Yippee!

Joy

PS: Yes, you should see Depp's delivery of that line. It had me and my friend Matt in tears from laughter!