Message from TLB2009 Emcee: MoC Blabbering!!!

Classical Theories

Project QL Intern
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, Florida
www.marcblee.org
Hello all! Looks like it's getting close to that time. In my 25 years of conventioneering, years work out to be days, months to be minutes, days are seconds and then BAM! SHOWTIME!!!
:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair:hair

With all the events I have been a part of in the past year, 2008 looks to be no different than 2007 but I'm ready for it.

I consider fandom the pillar of society. Without our dreams, our fantasies and our stories, past and present developments to make our lives a bit easier would not have been possible. It was fandom's thoughts that brought about things like the cell phone, ipods, microwave ovens and much more. It was fandom's thoughts that allowed cgi to become a necessary creation for the realization of our dreamlike montages on the silver screen. It will be the "fan" in all of us that will make the current Presidential Race the way we want it to be. It rocks to be a fan. 8o

I was recently asked to write a book on fandom and the art of sci-fi conventions for a german publishing house because of my international experience on those topics. I doubt I will have the time to get started on that now but it is something I would eventually like to do. Of course next year's QUANTUM LEAP convention will occupy a large part of it......well maybe a significant part in it but will be a part of it nonetheless.

The LEAPBACK Team :hurray::hurray::hurray:is hard at work to make a 20th anniversary event next year worthy of it's age and my intentions for this topic is to donate my thoughts and plain gibberish to helping attending fans know they have an unofficial cheerleader (I don't do pom-poms) to keep anticipation high!

So give me a L (L!), give me a E (E!) give me a........oh hell nevermind!!!

Talk soon and if you haven't visited my website (http://www.marcblee.org)......good! Solicitation's not allowed in my neighborhood.

No really..go check it out, sign my guestbook if you want and smile the whole time you are there. I love company....and blondes....and women with humor.......and pretty eyes......and a nice butt........and money.......and money........and who can cook......and do dishes......the laundry......toilets......did I mention money? :smokin

Thanks for that awesome rambling, Marc! Can't wait to meet you and I personally am super-excited that you'll be our "cheerleader" and emcee! :bow

We are indeed hard at work (well, getting back to it after the holidays!) and are actually meeting this month on the 15th and 16th in Washington, D.C.! This will be the first time the five of us have met together in person, so I am anxious to get out there and see the faces of the great ladies I have been working with this past year and a half.

A year and a half???? :eek :eek :eek :eek Has it been that long? Wait - that means the convention is only 14 months away!

And it's gonna be GREAT. Better than any of us ever imagined in the beginning. Stay tuned.... Quantum Leap will be right back! :leappark

Blabbering on! I FEEL GREAT!!!! GAs prices suck but then there's LEAP BACK!!! My carpeting needs to be stretched but then there's LEAP BACK!!!! I left my fish in the oven too long but then there's LEAP BACK!!!! My butt is a little lighter than the rest of my body but then there's.........the beach, er I mean LEAP BACK!!!!

Blabbering out.