QL TV Movie--It *is* in the works! (Well... it was.)

Hey, all. I just realized I never posted here after seeing what Dean Stockwell had to say about the TV-movie at D*C. I guess maybe I was subconsciously avoiding the inevitable.

I say this with a heavy heart, but...it looks like the TV-movie isn't happening.

Worse yet, it sounds like it never was happening.

I didn't get a chance to ask Dean directly; I was sitting off to the side anyway so it's unlikely he would have seen me. Fortunately, someone sitting in the middle section asked him about the TV-movie.

Dean said (and this is paraphrased from memory): "There's nothing in the works right now. It's something that Don and Scott and I have discussed a few times over the years, but there's nothing currently in the works. If there's anything that people are talking about right now, it's just another variation on the same rumors that have been circulating for years."

So, it looks like we've been led on another wild goose chase. What bothers me the most is that Dean didn't say Trey's project never got off the ground, but that there was no project in the first place. I hate to say this, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm starting to have a feeling that "Trey" (if that's his real name) has been putting us on.

Anyway, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at this point, that's all I have to share.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too hasty about thinking they aren't making the movie....The IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base)has it listed as a real movie...so I wouldn't be too quick to fear it's over...

Here is the link...note: The second movie listed is "A Bold Leap Forward"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001777/

QLEAP said:
I wouldn't be too hasty about thinking they aren't making the movie....The IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base)has it listed as a real movie...so I wouldn't be too quick to fear it's over...

Here is the link...note: The second movie listed is "A Bold Leap Forward"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001777/

But the IMDb is as good as nothing when it comes to information on movies that aren't released yet. Their problem lies in the fact that they let anyone post information. All it takes is someone with a good imagination and the rumors go flying away. I go by things that Don, Scott or Dean say directly or indirectly.

And I believe Trey Callaway's script was indeed real; he wrote the script for I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, which, quite frankly, didn't exactly get my hopes up on his script for the QL movie. He was interviewed about his script and provided some clues, which is how we all came to discuss Sammy Jo's age discrepancy. For that reason, I was annoyed that his script seemingly ignored facts from the original series. As I've said before, I wish Don or Deborah Pratt would write the script themselves. Even if it was sub-par, I'd at least feel better that they were the ones who wrote it.

Trey really did have a script and it was being considered. The Project Quantum Leap fan club interviewed him, so this was for real. Maybe one day it'll happen... I guess we'll just have to be as patient as possible. If nothing else, we have a great series out on DVD with hopes of more of these Region 2 sets having all music intact. And of course... the fans keep it alive and kicking. We are fans of one of the greatest sci-fi shows ever! It'll be back...

I wonder how much difference we would make if we did a mass petition or a mass letter-sending project to influence the powers that be? It's probably already been done, but the thought just crossed my mind.

Samantha Beckett

OK, I just wrote a loooong post explaining the reasons behind my doubting Trey. Then I went over to the Dragon*Con thread, and I saw that Tina_Als_Girl (a regular, trusted poster) said that Deborah confirmed that Trey was involved.

I asked her to fill in the details a little for clarity's sake, but I trust Tina and I trust Deborah.

Also, understand that I don't doubt anyone who posts here regularly. I know everyone here was being honest. I was worried about the info coming to us from outside sources.

Sorry if I was a little too quick to accuse Trey. I've seen QL fans get more than their fair share of abuse from trolls and pranksters, and I just didn't want to see that happen again (or anymore).

Last edited:
P.S. I just checked IMDB, and the movie is now listed as being "In Development." The only other information on this project is on IMDBpro.com (I checked - it's basically the same info that used to be on the regular site).

That's actually a good sign. The information on that site beforehand was highly inaccurate. A whole bunch of people had voted an 8.0 out of 10 rating for a movie none of them had ever seen! (Obviously, the people thought they were voting for the series.)

So the good news is that someone at Bellisarius (or this website?) updated IMDB with the accurate information. That also means that same source will update again when the time comes to move forward with the project.

Wrong Arturo said:
P.S. I just checked IMDB, and the movie is now listed as being "In Development." The only other information on this project is on IMDBpro.com (I checked - it's basically the same info that used to be on the regular site).

That's actually a good sign. The information on that site beforehand was highly inaccurate. A whole bunch of people had voted an 8.0 out of 10 rating for a movie none of them had ever seen! (Obviously, the people thought they were voting for the series.)

So the good news is that someone at Bellisarius (or this website?) updated IMDB with the accurate information. That also means that same source will update again when the time comes to move forward with the project.

That is promising news. I had heard tho that they had scrapped their orignal script idea, I can't remember what thread tho (prolly this one), so I think I'm gonna take it one little skeptical step at a time until I hear more.

Samantha Beckett

ok, i have no idea if this means anything and i, personally hope not, but i a wile ago before my major computer troubles begun happened upon a website during a google search for QL out of bordom, and i read that if there were to be a new tv movie, that Scott may not be able to portray Sam agian, however on my Cd they interview him and he said that he would love the opporuntity to portray Sam once agian. besides who else would they get. no one can top Scott. even at 51 he's a major hunk, enough to contiue playing Sam perfectly.:dreaming

Wrong Arturo said:

I'm sorry, but where are you coming up with the idea that this information is accurate? Why do you think that someone from Bellisarius Productions or this site posted that?

I was saying earlier in this thread that the IMDb is not reliable when it comes to information about upcoming movies. They let anybody post information. Some of it is authentic, some of it is not. The point is that it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference. It is usually a reliable source for older movies, however. But I really don't rely on much of the information posted there.

I don't mean to rain on the parade by any means, but "in development" is pretty vague when you think about it. To me, it means nothing more than the powers that be having the intention of making a new film, but that nothing is really happening. I understand the eagerness to see this project finally get off the ground, but the truth of the matter is that whatever concrete information we had has now been scrapped.

QL Nut said:
I'm sorry, but where are you coming up with the idea that this information is accurate? Why do you think that someone from Bellisarius Productions or this site posted that?

I was saying earlier in this thread that the IMDb is not reliable when it comes to information about upcoming movies. They let anybody post information. Some of it is authentic, some of it is not. The point is that it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference. It is usually a reliable source for older movies, however. But I really don't rely on much of the information posted there.

I don't mean to rain on the parade by any means, but "in development" is pretty vague when you think about it. To me, it means nothing more than the powers that be having the intention of making a new film, but that nothing is really happening. I understand the eagerness to see this project finally get off the ground, but the truth of the matter is that whatever concrete information we had has now been scrapped.

i agree totally QLnut, people fake stuff like that all the time, it could very easily be someone claiming to be Bellisario. you really can't fully trust the internet sometimes.

I Hope Quantum Leap The Bold Leap comes to the Theaters or tv or dvd it would be awsome.

Regards
Jeremy

QL Nut said:

Umm, what are you arguing about, Chris? I think you misunderstood what I said. I agree that the IMDB isn't very accurate--in fact, that was my whole point! :p I was glad that the already inaccurate information had been taken down.

I tried to be optimistic that the information came from some legitimate source, but I wasn't promising anything like that by any means.

Wrong Arturo said:
I tried to be optimistic that the information came from some legitimate source, but I wasn't promising anything like that by any means.

Did I come off as argumentative? I'm sorry! Not my intention. I get that you also think the IMDb is sometimes inaccurate, I was just wondering what was making you think that it was Bellisarius Productions or one of us here updating that. Because, as you know, if there's going to be any new information, it'll surely be here first! Sorry again. ;)

Oh, sure. Sometimes we all misunderstand each other. :)

I guess maybe I was overly optimistic in suggesting that the removal came from an official source. But I jumped the gun with negativity before, so I'm trying to be a little more cautious this time around. That's all.

The fact is, the lack of BLF is just one setback. QL is not dead in our hearts and minds, so I can't imagine it'll be gone forever! :)

Yes!!!! Heck Yes! Heck Yes!~ Heck Yes!!!!!!!~ I am soooo HAPPY!!! Thanx everyone and anyone who got this out!! And I huge thanks toooo DEAN STOCKWELL!!!!! YAY!! I love love love love THIS!! Yessss...

*Al'sChick*

Gosh... Wrong Aurtro, I just read what you said after my whole episode I can t believe it probably isnt going to happen!! : ( Grr. Oh Well I guess I knew it probably wasnt going to but I guess I just want it to SOOO bad!! Oh well.. anyways...

*Al'sChick*

Is Scott gonna be in it? Cause if he isnt there would be no point in making it would there? I mean he is the heart and sole of quantum leap. It would not be right if Scott wasnt in it. :banghead

That'd be pretty funny if Scott wasn't in it and Dean was...lol

they'd probably get some younger guy to play Sam...and ruin that like they have this recent series of Doctor Who *shakes fist at the writers*

HI! I am new to this site and I am still trying to figure it out! Thanks for sharing your GREAT news! By the way do you know if the show will be returning to tv, of course re runs, any time soon and how I would find out for my local area?

ziggysego said:
I quite like the recent series of Doctor Who. Just set too much on Earth, but David Tennant is a brilliant Doctor.

Yeah I like the new series, and with the Doctors new season 3 companion it looks like it will definitely be great, and this season the writers will definitely be taking The Doctor and Companions to more alien planets.

quantumcutie said:
HI! I am new to this site and I am still trying to figure it out! Thanks for sharing your GREAT news! By the way do you know if the show will be returning to tv, of course re runs, any time soon and how I would find out for my local area?

:help Is on the way!!!

You've actually just missed 2 great re-runs of Qunatum Leap on ITV3 in the UK, but they do show the series almost all the time on the Sci-fi channel, and you can get Seasons 1-4 on DVD, with the 5th and Final Season coming in November (For the US)

Sorry if that's a mouthfull but I do tend to babble. Evil brain.:banghead

Hello! I hope you can forgive me for being new and oblivious...but I'm really confused on this whole topic. I've read through the thread, but...I don't know, I may just be in denile. I read the interview with Trey, then I came here and it sounds like nothings happening or ever was...can you understand my confusion? I'd appreciate it if someone could very slowly and carefully and using small words explain to me what exactly is (or isn't) happening. Thanks!

Hmm...maybe they were concidering it at a point, and decided that the movie wouldn't be watched...or QL wouldn't be cared about as much...so the ratings wouldn't make them as much money...or umm...sorry...I don't know...

shouldn't have tried...*shrug*

I think this is great news, but just how long is it going to be news? Surely with the dvd's selling well, it's about time someone thought about doing series (season) 6. Garry Williams. West Bromwich, England.

OK, here's the thing. I have never thought a QL movie would come about, just because studios are mindnumbingly oblivious, and wouldn't know a good idea if it jumped up and started singing "Good ideas are here again" in a very loud voice.

With that in mind, I'd like to point out that I also "knew" with every fibre of my being that a Transformers LiveAction Film would never be made (you may begin to see where I'm going with this).

The Transformers Live Action film is due to premiere on 4/7/07. Some 23 year after the original TF movie. I'm not saying it will be good (it's almost certainly going to be heartbreakingly disappointing), but it gives hope for those of us desperately invested in seeing our movie dreams come true.

A QL film will evetually be made (with massive, massive changes designed, no doubt deliberately, to completely alienate anyone old enough to have seen QL in the first place) and it will be so bad it will break all our hearts. But it WILL EVENTUALLY happen.

Also, not quite sure how a QL film would function, in episodic TV you get to care about the characters in a way you usually don't in films (Princess Bride excluded of course). Why should a non QL audience care about somebody being in somebody elses body? - Just throwing that out there....

Film

I hope that somehow it does come about that a film is made, I know that a lot of rumours fly about and its only natural to think they are true but I hope one day we will be able to see the film. A complete ending to the whole fantastic series is justfied!

Nytrydr said:
OK, here's the thing. I have never thought a QL movie would come about, just because studios are mindnumbingly oblivious, and wouldn't know a good idea if it jumped up and started singing "Good ideas are here again" in a very loud voice.

With that in mind, I'd like to point out that I also "knew" with every fibre of my being that a Transformers LiveAction Film would never be made (you may begin to see where I'm going with this).

The Transformers Live Action film is due to premiere on 4/7/07. Some 23 year after the original TF movie. I'm not saying it will be good (it's almost certainly going to be heartbreakingly disappointing), but it gives hope for those of us desperately invested in seeing our movie dreams come true.

A QL film will evetually be made (with massive, massive changes designed, no doubt deliberately, to completely alienate anyone old enough to have seen QL in the first place) and it will be so bad it will break all our hearts. But it WILL EVENTUALLY happen.

Also, not quite sure how a QL film would function, in episodic TV you get to care about the characters in a way you usually don't in films (Princess Bride excluded of course). Why should a non QL audience care about somebody being in somebody elses body? - Just throwing that out there....

Lets not hold our Breaths for too long

A while ago just before I joined this forum. I posted a question about BLF. The response I got wasn't the one I was hoping for. Here it is....

From Jason : I have been a long time fan of the “Quantum Leap” series. I was ecstatic to hear that they were making a movie and new series back in the winter of 2005, so I eagerly waited on pins and needles for it to be released. Sadly over a year later I haven't seen it or heard anything about it. Even when I researched it lately it seems to have disappeared. I did see that it was rumored to begin filming in January of 06 but that is it. Then I came across this site and wanted to see what I could dig up. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for us die-hard fans? I would love to know any information you have..
Get off those pins and needles. There hasn’t been any news on the “Quantum Leap” movie (or telemovie, or mini-series) for quite some time. I dare say the producers are out there to trying to make it happen, but it doesn’t look like anyone wants in. The last bit of solid news on this project was in 2004, when Donald P. Bellisario, producer/creator, told The Washington Post that he was planning a series version – it would star Dean Stockwell, and Scott Bakula would guest in the first episode. – Clint

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :blackeye
So there you have it fellow leapers. Sorry the news couldn't be better.

:banghead
As long as Universal is in charge they'll do nothing. They still think QL was a show that lost a TON'O money and a few fanatics loved it. They tossed out the DVD sets here in the States like garbage. I'm still infuriated about that.

I remember I think in 1993 at the QL Con in LA--I videotaped the huge signs they had in Universal Studios for all the shows. Law n' Order, ect. The one for QL was covered in Pigeon poop. Loaded with the dirty birds. Strangely, the others were untouched. It was sort of a mirror of what Universal was doing to the show.
Terri

Without both Scott & Dean there should be no movie.

Last edited by a moderator: