918 The Valley of Death, Part II

The Valley of Death, Part II

• 4 ? This episode was great! I will definitely tell others about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ? This episode was like the neutral zone ? I am indifferent.

• 1 ? Bellisario would be rolling in his grave if he had one.

• Total voters

QL Damsel

Al's Place / TVS & QR & Radio Files Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2002
Near Austin Texas
www.quantumleap-alsplace.com
The Valley of Death, Part II
June 27, 1982

Happy Valley Conference Center, Santa Cruz, California

Sam leaps into a very significant person in Al's life and must save a woman from dying of a heart attack. In the process of doing this, he drastically changes Al's life.

Written by: R. Joy Helvie

Our rating system changed this season and consisted of six raters and two back-up raters! We took the average of six raters and came up with an average for that episode. Based on ratings of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, the average of this episode was: 9.13

Now, it's your opportunity to rate this particular story. Let the author(s) know how you rate this story. If you'd like to give feedback, please go ahead and leave a reply!

Thanks,
TVS Team

Last edited by a moderator:
That was just a great story outstanding writing.Keep the great work

I enjoyed reading the second part of this. The ending was fulfilling, and while it was a bit sad, it was realistic and I think that you made a better story for it. While most people like happy endings, not everything can always end well, and I think that adds the depth to your story that was necessary.

This was a great episode, and I think that you did a nice job dealing with Al's emotions in relation to his mother, as well as balancing the general objective of the leap and how Sam was dealing with it. I notice that in some episodes, there is way too much focus placed on the project. However, I think that you kept the story related to the leap, and Al's past, and not on the project. Great job!

Ohboy, you are probably gonna be disappointed with later stories then because some of them balance between Sam's Leap and events happening at the project and expand upon ideas touched upon in the final tv episode (such as Al The Bartender) or the evil leapers to name a few examples... The real world has changed since Quantum Leap was cancelled by NBC and later stories will reflect that thru not only Sam's leaps but the project as well... In the QL universe, Sam has been leaping for over 10 years, change is inevitable (as are new ideas and directions to take the premise)...Not trying to be rude here but I figured you deserve a heads-up as to what expect in later stories...