80's TV Show Trivia Challenge

Re: I'm Up!

Okay, I hadn't thought ahead when i recklessly answered "Alf". It was one of the few shows I'd heard of, being a Brit. (and yes, we had an ALF toy too, he was soooo funny.) Didn't the Dad from the series end up running Central Perk?
So now I'm faced with
a) remembering a show from the 80's and
b) trying to give a clue
and
c) do I go for a British show or an American one?

Right, here goes:

Short lived spy series with a lovely theme tune, based on a real person, whose lead actor belongs with the dinosaurs!

Max Wright

Yeah, I think he did appear in a couple episodes of "Friends"... but I will always remember him as Willy Tanner in "ALF". :lol He also had a large role on "The Norm Show" (man, I miss that show!) as Norm's boss, and he guest-starred in "Trilogy I" of QL.

As for your clue, Helen, I'm going to guess that it is a British show, but either way, I have no clue. haha

... Mike. ^_^

Re: Helen's 80s TV show question

I admit that I went looking online, and I think...repeat *think*... I've discovered the show, but I'll wait a couple of more days to see if anyone gets it.

E.

Re: Helen's 80s TV show question

Since no one has come up with the correct answer to Helen's 80s TV question since Monday when I posted admitting that I think I've found the answer in an internet search, I'm going to take a stab at it.

Helen, is it: Reilly The Ace of Spies, a PBS mini-series from 1983?

Eleiece

Re: Helen's 80s TV question

BTW, if that is the correct answer, then it was Helen's dinosaur hint that pointed me in the right direction.
The "man that belongs with the dinosaurs" would be Sam Neill who starred in Jurrasic Parkm as well as in the starring role of Reilly The Ace of Spies.

Eleiece

Re: Helen's 80s TV question

Yup, you got it right Eleiece!
I have to admit I loved Sam Neill in this series, even though it was very short, I remember it well.

Guess you're up!

Re: Ahh

Damn... I knew what this was too, and couldn't for the life of me figure out the title! I knew the actor's name was Gary something...

Re: RodQuiz #6

Loved Edwould Wouldwould in this series :nut

*sorry, just had to say it*

Re: RodQuiz #6

I agree Sue, though I preferred him in "Callan" - remember the lightbulb at the beginning?
Did y'all know he released a couple of albums? He has a lovely singing voice. He even did "The Impossible Dream" (In fact as a child I fell in love with this song thanks to Ed's version - never guessing that I would fall in love with it all over again when Scott sang it.)
Now, do I still have my EW LP? Think maybe my Mum has it. Must ask.

Re: Nope

"Hack" definitely fits this description, except it's not an '80s show... hmmm...

I doubt this is correct, but I'll take a shot in the dark... "Wiseguy"?

Re: Vigilante?

I thought McGyver was more ex-military than ex-cop, though I'm prepared to stand corrected. Michael Knight was ex-cop, but not really vigilante since the Foundation for Law and Government was semi respectable at least!

I absolutely love McGyver - hence my nod to it in the VS Season 10 story "Leap to the Rescue" (More plugosity! Please note Greg and Damon!)

I don't have an answer to The Rod's easy question I'm afraid. Bet we'll all be kicking ourselves and saying "Of course!" when we know.

*grin* .... What can I say, Hot Rod?

Sitcom set in New England, the star of which, in his career, an alien encounter and learned to pull rabbits out of his hat.