A Problem with Sammy Jo as the BLF leaper

Sam Beckett Fan

Re-Writing Life
Jun 3, 2005
medium.com
(Sorry if this should be in the BLF board, I wasn't sure but please feel free to move it Brian)

I don't understand why they want Sammy Jo to be the leaper, and NO this is not merely because I am not one of her fans. I also consitered something else, well ok sorry I am being a bad Wanna be Mrs. Bakula *slaps self* it was actually my best friend that came up with this. She heard somewhere I guess...oh I think it was from the book "Another Time Another Place", that Don or whoever is in charge of this wanted the new leaper to be young, like in the twenties and consitering when Sammy Jo was born she would be the same age that Sam was when he first leaped when she becomes a leaper.

It would be a better idea if Sam had gotten Tamlyn Pregnant in Temptation Eyes(and come on, consitering Sam's condition in bed after the forgiener song its totally possible) and then send her out as the leaper because she was born almost an exact year before me (85) so she would be twenty or twenty one. a perfect age for what they want, plus more appealing to my best friend and I personally, although more me as she doesnt mind Sammy Jo.

Just thought I would share this idea.

To be honest I kinda agree, I never really liked Sammy-Jo as a character in the first place, yeah the plot line was very good but the whole idea of the little girl 'following in her father's footsteps' - or leap light for that matter just sounds a bit cheesy and unoriginal.

I'd personally like to see a brand new character - of course with Al and Sam in guest appearances but the main storyline should be focused on this new guy/gal that's just as likeable and fantastic an actor as Scott.

I didnt like Sammy Jo being Sams daughter period. I like Donna and it makes me sad to think that he did this to her even though she obviously doesnt know it seeing as the only one besides Ziggy that knows of Sammy JOs true identity is Al. or at least thats what they suggest seeing as Al told Sam that Sammy Jo didnt know he was her father which means no one els obviously does unless Al told them.

Back to the movie though, Sam and Al would NOT be guest apparences in my ideal BLF Al would be the observer as usual and Sam would have some scenes where it shows him lost and confused and stuff.

I fact the movie would open with Sam after he leaps out of Beth's house and ending up where ever and trying to figure out where he is and who he is (since he wouldnt know for a few minutes that hes still himself). then he would look in a mirror or I have pictured a store window for whatever reason and he would get scared seeing that hes still him because he knows that Al wont be able to find him again and stuff.

Then the scene changes and we are at the progect where Al and the rest of the staff are realizing that they lost Sam again, or it could be several years later I dont know what Universal wants to do with that.

Just some of my ideas. not great ones mind you :p

Sam Beckett Fan said:
I didnt like Sammy Jo being Sams daughter period. I like Donna and it makes me sad to think that he did this to her even though she obviously doesnt know it seeing as the only one besides Ziggy that knows of Sammy JOs true identity is Al. or at least thats what they suggest seeing as Al told Sam that Sammy Jo didnt know he was her father which means no one els obviously does unless Al told them.

I know that I have not see all of the season 5 and all. I still must ask.

In what one does all this take place? I don't remember see one about this...sorry to say I can't get the 5 season untill I find another job, but untill I do can you fill me in a bit more. if you don't mind of course...:eek: maybe a theres a place I can see about what happens... I don't know if there is such a thing. Anyway, thanks for any help you can give. :)

No problem Julie, I dont have it yet eaither, I just have my bootleg but I need the universal one because one of my bootleg disks is dead and I lost five season five episodes.

anyway Sammy Jo is in the third of a trilogy of episodes involving her mother abigale in season five. I won't give away too much but in the second one Sam falls in love with Abigale and makes love to her, thus birthing Sammy Jo.

Sam Beckett Fan said:
No problem Julie, I dont have it yet eaither, I just have my bootleg but I need the universal one because one of my bootleg disks is dead and I lost five season five episodes.

anyway Sammy Jo is in the third of a trilogy of episodes involving her mother abigale in season five. I won't give away too much but in the second one Sam falls in love with Abigale and makes love to her, thus birthing Sammy Jo.

Thanks for your help. I think I understand a little more now. :D