New GuestVision by MikeKraken! 7-26-05

Eloquently put Mike!

Having been so thrilled with Season One that I got both Region 1 and Region 2 versions, I thought I would have done the same with the subsequent releases.
In the end, I haven't bothered to import the 2nd and 3rd seasons, and when I heard a rumour that Season 2 was finally being brought out over here, instead of adding it to my wish list and dropping hints to relatives, I just thought "So what?"
Such a shame that Universal are so short sighted.

Well Mike, all I have to say is: RIGHT ON!!!

You are SO right... You know, I actually was sceptic about buying season 1 (it could show in my posts IF I could find them again... maybe they were lost in the ezboard crash too...) But upon reading the enthusiasm and good reviews on this board I finally decided to buy it, and I was very happy about it. I thus was anxiously awaiting the release of Season 2, so anxiously that I actually pre-ordered it... which is something pretty unlike me to do...

Anyhow, it turned out that after seeing the comments for Season 2, and even though I hadn't received it yet, I suddenly didn't want it anymore... And being as stupid as I am I opened the shrink-wrap on it to look at the pictures and to see just how they had butchered the box art and lied about bonus materials, preventing me from returning it to Amazon. That is actually the only reason the thing is open, for I have not watched a single thing on these DVD, as I know it would only serve the purpose of making my teeth cringe. So this is a perfect example of wasted money... 60$CAN that just sits on a shelve and is not even worth watching...

Anyways, I'll stop my ranting... I just wanted to tell you Mike that I am 100% behind you on everything that you said... Keep on going like this, I like your spirit... and it's people with spirit like yours that can actually get up and stand for their rights and make the world a better place... Someone who is not scared to say he disagrees, but is patient and intelligent enough to know when to stop and agree to disagree.

Clara

P.S. *thought to self* Oh my, that last part sounded weird... almost like a love declaration or something...
roflmao.gif
I guess I'm tired... Hope I'm not embarassing you too much Mike,
wink.gif

A little late, but...

Thanks for your comments, folks! I'm glad that you agreed with me... I'm sure many of us on the board feel the same way, and I thought putting our endless discussions about the DVD debacle into a GuestVision was only fitting.

QL Nut: I wish I was around more, but unfortunately school keeps me pretty busy... and I think I'm still greiving the loss of our ezboard messages. :b

Clara: <LOL> I'm not embarassed... but it does sound like a line from a movie while you're trying to motivate the troops. :lol It's too bad you removed the shrink wrap... I guess at least you have a copy of season two if you are desperate. hehe.

I can only hope that Universal doesn't screw up season four when it comes out. I guess time will tell...

... Mike. ^_^
(post #20)