The Ultimate Quiz Of Ultimate Destiny

Enterprise

Project QL Intern
Mar 3, 2006
Newcastle, UK
Here's a quiz thread. Well duh you say? Hence follow the rules; it can be about any quite recent (80's onwards TV Show or Movie (QL can be asked about if you want) if you answer the question correctly - well you get to answer another!!! Big Woop!!! I love exclamation marks!!!!!

(Trying to big-up the prize = much anger and smashing of keyboard)

So here is the 1st question (Nice n' simple):

Which actress played the vampire Darla in 'Angel'?

Enterprise said:
Which actress played the vampire Darla in 'Angel'?

Julie Benz.:bow She's starring on Showtime's "Dexter" now.:hurray:

which will bring me to the next Question - in what award wining tv series did the Actor,who plays Dexter in the above show, played?!

But i asked the last question,and you answer it correctly,so don't you suppose to ask the next question?!(maybe i didn't quite get your rules...)

You know what - O.k.I'll also ask the next Question - In which short lived TV series did Scott Bakula played a spy?!

Originally Posted by leaper 1
which Quantum Leap alumni stars in the newly released movie "The Lookout"?

Would it happen to be little Kyle, aka. Joseph Gordon-Levitt who appeared in ‘Permanent Wave’ (405)?

PS. Are we allowed to use IMDB? :eek:

Hmm, maybe I shouldnt have been so honest. Oh well, lets just keep IMDB one of those things everyone does, but no one talks about.

On with the quiz... Q. Dean Learner described which sort lived Channel 4 television series as: "The most significant televisual event since 'Quantum Leap'."

Answers on a post card please.
PS. Enterprise, love the new Sylar avatar. Although I cant look at it without putting my hands over my forehead.

So...Is there a time limit for each question to be answered?!

P.S.
Mr. Fusion,i think it's time you'll answer the question you asked,and let someone else ask an easier question...

Yeah, I think you're right Isz. I did choose a pretty difficult question from a really cult TV show, but all it takes is a search of the key names.
The answer was 'Garth Marenghi's Darkplace'. Im suprised this reference isnt in Al's Video Libary.

Here's a link to the clip:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nNfQ0ORwSDM (its about 05:15 / 08:32)

And Isz's prize for conceding, is asking the next (easier) question.

Yeah, come on ATO - use the ''vast pit o' knowledge'' that is wikipedia or imdb or summin like that to get a question. Or you know, learn things....

BTW: No time limit really but if a question takes riddickulosly long to answer feel free to intervene.

Honest, didn't use imdb or anything but it is Ben Stein, I remember because he's in one of my favourite ever movies The Mask which I was watching last night! Lucky Day or what?

Okkkkk, slam this in your pipe and smoke it.....

Who played (rather brilliantly) Private Hicks in the 1986 movie Aliens?

>>> For extra kudos what was his defining piece of dialogue?

Enterprise said:
Okkkkk, slam this in your pipe and smoke it.....

Who played (rather brilliantly) Private Hicks in the 1986 movie Aliens?

>>> For extra kudos what was his defining piece of dialogue?

The Great Michael Biehn....would have to watch the film again to get his defining dialogue though....oh yeah and by the way, he was a Corporal, not a private....ahh wait, are you thinking of Hudson, played by Bill Paxton...if so, his "defining" dialogue was....cant quite remember..something like "Game over man, game over"???

In fact, gonna have to watch at least the 1st 2 again, totally awesome films.

Last edited:
Uuuuhh, feel stoopid now I meant Pvt. Hudson - alongside his classic ''Game Over Man! Game Over!" is the underrated "Their comin' outta the walls, their comin' outta the god**m walls!!!" during his shotgun killing spree. Aaahh Good Times.

Anyway due to my *ahem* slip of mind you have the question good sir. Mention to anyone and pistols at dawn. Ah-ha!

BT: I definitely agree, the first 2 movies are superb, although 3 is underrated. As for Resurrection? The least said the better.

Ok.....round up, round up folks......

Which 80's (classic) TV series' Main character had a Glowing Sidekick...(edited to make it a bit more difficult)

Nice n easy for a 1st question...

By the way, surely IMDB should be used sparingly, otherwise how can it be an Ultimate Quiz....more like an Ultimate Who can read the answer quickest from IMDB.com Quiz of Ultimate Destiny....

Enterprise said:
Uuuuhh, feel stoopid now I meant Pvt. Hudson - alongside his classic ''Game Over Man! Game Over!" is the underrated "Their comin' outta the walls, their comin' outta the god**m walls!!!" during his shotgun killing spree. Aaahh Good Times.

Anyway due to my *ahem* slip of mind you have the question good sir. Mention to anyone and pistols at dawn. Ah-ha!

BT: I definitely agree, the first 2 movies are superb, although 3 is underrated. As for Resurrection? The least said the better.

Yeah, Resurrection really sucked....Alien 3 was OK though, but just didnt have the same atmosphere about it.