The Alternative Ending to Star Trek: Enterprise

Need that one at Al's Place

Brian:

I wonder if you could contact the person who made this to see if you can place it on the site. THIS WAS GREAT!!!!:hurray:

Yeah this is far superior.

The fact that they (B&B) brought in 2 TNG cast members for the finale ruined it for me, don't get me wrong they're great actors and it's good to see them again, but the plot basically relegated the ending and heart of the show to the sidelines and didn't give the fans the proper sendoff that they wanted, ie: Archer's speech, T'Pol seeing off Trip's funeral and the signing of the charter.

Also, whenever Riker barked 'Pause Simulation!' I wanted to break things!!

Last edited:
That should be T'Pol

T'Pau was a different character. That should be T'Pol.

I agree. The TNG situation was whacked. I'll give B&B the benefit of the doubt (not that they deserve it) and figure that they were just too clueless about their own fanbase to understand this. Still, I can't beleive that two such inept persons in the world of ST (according to one article...even by the third season of ENT they'd still had never seen the entire of TOS shows (and this was by their own words.)) would have been given the helm of the franchise for so many years! A Valentine to the fans? That would have required B&B actually "loving" them enough to give them something the fans desired...not filling their own egos by providing something that is only valid from their POV.:banghead

"These Are The Voyages..." was promoted falsely as a series finalé. So, of course everyone is going to look upon it as horrible. But watch the episode again(whether on DVD or if you still have it on tape) and watch it as a bonus episode immediately after watching the true series finalé, Terra Prime.

I thought it was great for what it actually was.

~Steve

"These Are The Voyages..." was promoted falsely as a series finalé.

Falsely promoted by whom? The actual producers of the show? THEY were the ones that called it the series finale. THEY were the ones that called it a "Valentine to the fans." THEY were the ones who never got that the opinion of the fanbase of a 35 year franchise might be important to at least LISTEN to.

From what I can tell, almost NO ONE liked TATV for a number of reasons. Even Jonathan Frakes said he thought it was a whacked idea (paraphased) and was greatly (and pleasantly) surprised at how kindly the ENT troupe treated them. His quotes about Bakula especially are right in line with the things that EVERYONE who has ever worked with the man say.

I'm glad you enjoyed it but from the standpoint of a great ending...NOT.

(I wonder how Bakula feels having the endings of his two most sucessful shows able to produce the level of upset in the fanbase that they do...)

You tube doesn't work on my computer. Did Trip still die? I hope not...or that's it. I can't watch ST: E because his personality is so much like my mom's. I cried last time it was on the Sci Fi Channel.

Ending

So as not to spoil for anyone...it's just the scene with Archer coming back to hug T'Pol and then an added bonus for all of us QL fans.

Hey, this is awesome! Someone actually posted the video I made on here! Thats funny, because I just thought about actually posting a message on here about it! Cool! I'm glad you all liked it! Two shows I think both deserved a better ending, and mostly a great joke that couldn't be passed up! :)

Your video...

It was really great. Perhaps you could let Brian (out webmaster) know it's ok to place it in the Video section for posterity. It belongs there!:hurray:

I liked it.

Some may see it as lame...but it was creative and a nice thought. Didn't find it lame at all.