Mysterious Actions

JuliaM

Project QL Intern
Aug 16, 2004
Massachusetts
www.seshatplace.com
Under the pen name QLTales, Asearcher and I have completed another story - "Mysterious Action". It's a crossover with "Diagnosis Murder" but you don't need to be overly familiar with that to follow along.

This story name may sound familiar to you and, if it does, that's because I'd originally been writing it on my own. When I hit a block with it, Asearcher agreed to work with me to finish it which is why it's now being posted under the QLTales pen name we use jointly. If it weren't for her, this story would have ended up dying a slow death so a big THANK YOU goes to Asearcher for lending her considerable talents to this story.

The first 15 chapters have been uploaded. This would include the work I'd originally done on the story although there have been edits and changes to it. It will be updated on a daily basis until all 27 chapters have been uploaded.

Summary: Sam’s in the wrong place at the wrong time. A crossover with the
TV show “Diagnosis Murder”.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5001314/1/

Under the pen name QLTales, Asearcher and I have completed another story - "Mysterious Action". It's a crossover with "Diagnosis Murder" but you don't need to be overly familiar with that to follow along.

This story name may sound familiar to you and, if it does, that's because I'd originally been writing it on my own. When I hit a block with it, Asearcher agreed to work with me to finish it which is why it's now being posted under the QLTales pen name we use jointly. If it weren't for her, this story would have ended up dying a slow death so a big THANK YOU goes to Asearcher for lending her considerable talents to this story.

The first 15 chapters have been uploaded. This would include the work I'd originally done on the story although there have been edits and changes to it. It will be updated on a daily basis until all 27 chapters have been uploaded.

Summary: Sam’s in the wrong place at the wrong time. A crossover with the
TV show “Diagnosis Murder”.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5001314/1/

Wow sounds awesome!

I'm just about to read it :)

I've actually read the first chapter, and I apologize if this is covered in later chapters, and I'm jumping the gun. Does "QL Tales" take place before the events of Quantum Leap, because Sam is trying to recruit someone, or does it take place after he gets home.

I enjoyed the first chapter, by the way, and I really do hope that I get an opportunity to soon delve further on!

The stories I've written in partnership under the pseudonym QLTales are pre-leap stories. Most of the stories I also write on my own are preleap as well. This page on my website - http://scott-bakula.com/hands_of_time_pre-leap_stories.htm - has a chronological listing of the stories I've authored either on my own in in partnership.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the story thus far. We've actually finished a sequel of sorts to this one and should have it up soon. Actually, all of the stories we write (with the exception of one) are sequels or prequels to each of other of some sort since we've created a bit of a series.

laurence said:
They're excellent. All of them.

Thank you!

ohboy said:
Thanks for the quick and informative reply. After I finish this story, I'll be sure to check out some of the other stories as well. :)

You're welcome. All of the completed stories are up on fanfiction.net. I haven't yet had a chance to reformat them on my website since moving it to a new URL and redesigning it so fanfiction.net would be the easiest place to read them.

I write by myself under the penname dulcinea1969 (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/159290/Dulcinea1969) and in partnership under the penname QLTales (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1152557/QLTales)

Finally finished!

I finished the last chapter today. I would have finished it sooner, but the past few days were a bit hectic.

I really enjoyed this story, and I think that it really gave some insight to the relationship between Sam and Al, and how they became better friends as a result of what happened. It was also nice to see how much Al cared for Sam. The merging with Diagnosis Murder was also seemless. You two did a great job with this.

My favorite part had to be when Dr. Sloan compared himself with Bert from Mary Poppins. Gee, I wonder why they would look so similiar? :rolleyes :lol

Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed the story. It was a lot of fun to write. It actually started out as an exercise to prove to myself that I could still write after I had a stroke two years ago. It was supposed to be a short story but you can see it didn't stay that way.

I also apologize for taking so long to respond. I originally read your post while in the midst of doing something else and wasn't able to respond just then. I made a mental note to respond when I was finished but I guess I misplaced the note until today.

I also apologize for taking so long to respond. I originally read your post while in the midst of doing something else and wasn't able to respond just then. I made a mental note to respond when I was finished but I guess I misplaced the note until today.

That's quite alright. Life tends to have a way of interfering with things like this. Anyways, can't wait to read the next one (if you're working on another QL Tales, that is)!