Old 10-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #26
Project Observer

"No, Michael, just because she's my sister does not mean I have to talk with her. What right does she have to tell me what I can and can't do for work or to tell me that I'm not being a good mother," Cheryl ranted pacing back and forth in front of Sam before stopping in front of him and holding a finger up in front of his face. "No right at all, that's what right she has." She resumed her pacing again. "Just because she chose to stay home and be a dutiful little housewife and mother doesn't mean that's the choice I have to make. Well, are you just going to stand there saying nothing?"

"I...uh...I'm not sure what you me to say." Sam had been taken off guard by Cheryl's reaction to her sister's phone call. He could remember that he hadn't always agreed with his sister but it had never reached a point where he wanted nothing to do with her. At least, he hazarded, it was unlikely Megan had anything to do with Michael and Cheryl's death...or at least he hoped not.
JuliaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:19 AM   #27
Observer's Aid
Default Adding

Cheryl looked over to Michael still seething but concerned at seeing his stooped shoulders and bowed head. He was still holding Katie but thankfully she'd fallen asleep. "What are you upset for, Michael? You're the one that's always telling me I shouldn't give a flying flip about what my sister says."

Sam's gaze returned to Cheryl. "I guess it just seemed that maybe we should talk to her. Not to back down or anything. I know you're a good mother and I'm trying to be a good father, but still, she is family and..."

"Okay, you've made your point. I'll give her a call in the morning. Now I'll be right back." She started back down the hallway when the door bell sounded. She tossed over her shoulder, "That must be the Chinese food. Can you take care of it?"

"Um...sure." Sam put Katie into the crib again with the sleeping Ryan. He then went to the door and retrieved the food, giving the driver the check he had written which Cheryl had left by the door. He took the food over to the table. Taking the boxes out of the bags, he went over to the cabinets and got out some plates and silverware.

When Cheryl came back in, she smiled at him. "Looks good! I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse!"

"Sorry, you ordered the Mongolian Beef...no horses."

Cheryl laughed. "You're silly, darling. That's one of the things I love about you."

The two of them dug into the food. Sam decided that for the time being, just eating and learning about Cheryl's day in dinner conversation would be best. He still was gravely concerned about this leap but figured he needed to hear from Al to know which direction to take.

Al entered the waiting room, finding a red hair, fair complexioned man in his early twenties. Al knew that Verbena had met with Michael almost as soon as the man arrived. Her report indicated that he figured he was in a dream and wondered when he'd wake up. It seemed to him to be taking a long time to wake up.

"Hello. I'm Al Calavicci. How are you feeling?"

"I'm...a...well...I'm not sure."

"We get a lot of that here."

"Where am I?"

"I can't really tell yu much, other then you are now a part of a time-travel experiment. Have you looked in the mirror on the table?"

"No. I didn't see much reason to do so."

"You might want to now."

Michael stood up and turned around, looking down into the mirror. When he saw his replection, he pondered it. "Why do I look like someone else, someone I don't even know."

"You are looking at the face of the person who is a time-traveler. You are seeing his aura. When he looks into a mirror, he see's yours."

"This is one weird dream. Who is he?"

Al pursed his lips. "His name is Sam and it's not a dream. As I said, you are now a part of this experiment. When Sam leaps into your time, he's there to make something right that wasn't before. The faster I can learn what that is, the sooner Sam will be able to complete his mission, and you'll return home."

"Definitely a weird dream. Okay, I'll play. What do you need to know?"

"Do you know anyone who would be interested in harming your or your family?"

"Family?" Suddenly Michael's face turned white. "OMG, my family! Is Cheryl okay? The twins?"

"Everyone is fine for now. But anything you could tell me right now would help Sam to take care of what he needs to do. Can you remember anything?"

Michael thought for a few minutes before saying, "Yes I do."
asearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #28
Al The Observer
Observer's Aid

Michael continued, "I remember Cheryl's sister, uhh, um, I can't remember her name! Why can't I remember her name?!"

"Some slight memory loss is a byproduct of this experiment. It happens to everyone," Al said, emphasizing the word "everyone" by waving his cigar. "You'll get your memory back, in due time. Just try to focus on what you do remember."

"Well," Michael continued, furrowing his brow. "My sister-in-law came over to the house, and she was very upset at Cheryl. I think I remember her saying something about how she would have made a better mother for the twins. How she wished she could have had them. How she deserved them, not Cheryl."

"Yeah, what else?"

"This part really sticks out in my memory for some reason: She said that if things were different, and if she had her way, she'd have our twins and raise them as hers! Well, she crossed a line with that little comment, so I kicked her out of the house, and told her not to ever come back. I can't remember if Cheryl was upset or relieved."

Al stepped closer, taking in this information. "Do you remember when that happened, Michael?"

Michael thought for a moment and answered, "No, not exactly. But I do remember it was daytime, and it was snowing, because when I opened the door for what's-her-name...why am I drawing a blank on that name?"

"Don't worry about it," Al said, growing more tense. "What happened when you opened the door?"

Michael sighed and continued. "When I opened the door for her to leave, a gust of wind blew snow in the door, and it got everything around the front door a little wet. I remember that because that just made me madder. I'm going blank on everything else. I just remember being mad at her and mad at that damn snow." He looked up at the Observer. "Who gets mad at snow?"

"I'm sure plenty of people do. Look, you sit here and see what else you can remember. It doesn't matter how insignificant it may seem to you. Just try to remember as much as you can, okay? I'll be back in a little bit." With that, Al spun around on his heel and quickly walked over to the Waiting Room door. He entered his code and impatiently waited for the door to open. Before the door was all the way open, he had gone through it and was on the way to give Ziggy this new information.
--*- **- *- -* - **- --
Al The Observer is offline   Reply With Quote