QL Fanfilm Underway!

Kirok said:
Thanks Jaycol! I didn't even know that. Awesome!

Chris

This is one of the Handlink's i just finished.. Hope you like it :cheers

Attachments

• Handlink55555.jpg
    Handlink55555.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Handlink55566666667.jpg
    Handlink55566666667.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 61
  • hndlink.jpg
    hndlink.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Hndlink78description.jpg
    Hndlink78description.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 66
  • hndlink23Description2.jpg
    hndlink23Description2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 63
I have temporally suspended all pre-production and casting decisions on this project while I am grieving over the loss of my kind and loving father.

I'm not quitting... but need time to heal.

I will do my best to return to my duties as quickly as I am able to.

Sincerely,

Christopher Allen
RACSO Motion Pictures

I'm so sorry for your loss, Chris. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Eleiece K.

Kirok said:
I have temporally suspended all pre-production and casting decisions on this project while I am grieving over the loss of my kind and loving father.

I'm not quitting... but need time to heal.

I will do my best to return to my duties as quickly as I am able to.

Sincerely,

Christopher Allen
RACSO Motion Pictures

LadyKayoss said:
You have my condolences. Take your time; this is far more important than a fan film. Take care.

I can only echo this.
I have lost grandparents and my parents over the past few years, Time is what you need, by all means take all the time you need. You have my best wishes.

I grieve with thee.

Last edited:
I could make this Control panel... i know exactly how to build it. 8)

Kirok said:
Today we had our first REAL pre-production meeting where my team and I sat down and tried to figure out the challenges of creating all the sets and props needed. It was so exciting to officially get the ball rolling!! :hurray:

The set that I was most worried about was the Control Room. I was considerably worried about the Control Panel itself, and the entrance to the Imaging Chamber. Thank GOD for my beloved team because they had the entire game plan down in about 20 minutes. It was so unbelievable how they dissected the pictures from the QL set. I was amazed. (I was honestly expecting it to be as difficult as our bridge set built for our 'Star Trek vs. Batman' series.)

One of the first comments made by our chief designer was “They must have been on a budget.” as he and two of my other designers began to dissect the set and handlink in great detail. These guys are absolutely amazing, folks. Not only can we recreate this set to exact detail, but it will look absolutely phenomenal. Its amazing how many tricks set designers can come up with to recreate certain pieces and props.

The Control Panel will be built using mainly clear acrylic materials. We’re also pretty sure what these colored boxes are atop the Control Panel…
leapback_gooshiecontrol.jpg

Office storage units. At least that’s our best guess. They were widely produced in the late 80’s, and are off the market now. And see the silver looking backdrop? You would be amazed at how easy that is to reproduce!!

While I don’t want to give away any trade secrets just yet, we can effectively reproduce an authentic working handlink (no sounds) for under $70, complete with blinking lights. Don’t worry, I’ll pass along a “how to” later in the summer as we are constructing sets and props.

Our next pre-production meeting is set for March 29th where we’ll figure out where this set will be constructed, and how many materials we’ll need. Also, our open auditions are scheduled to take place on the same day, and you all should see the applicants that are rolling in… every one of them are tagged with “I loved Quantum Leap!!” One of our candidates was even in "Risky Business"!

Lots of excitement to come, folks. :D Stay tuned!!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Thanks

Hi Folks,

Thank you all so much for the kind well wishes and good thoughts. Its been a rough two weeks, but things will get better. Its all about what we make it, and I know Dad would have it no other way. Thank you.

My prop guys have begun on the handlink, and I'm thrilled to share some of their progress with everyone. It was some very good progress to see despite everything going on.

This isn't the final version though as they will be installing lights soon and adding the finishing touches.

@ NeuroMason: Sir, perhaps we can discuss a control panel via e-mail? I'm certainly interested! Here is my e-mail address if you'd like to discuss that.

Thanks again for the very kind sympathies.

Peace,

Chris

Cast Announced!!

I am very pleased to announce our cast for the fanfilm, Quantum Leap: A Leap to Di for.

QLsam.jpg

QL-meredith.jpg

QL-samantha.jpg

QLdiana.jpg

QLpresident.jpg

QLit1.jpg

QLrecep.jpg

QLSenator.jpg

QLmark.jpg

QLkristy.jpg

QLguard.jpg

We're still looking for our 'Al', so as soon as I cast that role, we'll let you know!

I'm also very pleased with our 'Sam'. With our limited resources for talent, I know Joshua will be an fantastic job. If any of you have seen my other fanfilm, Star Trek vs. Batman, you may remember him as Captain Kirk.

Chris

He may not be Scott, but I have to admit, your Sam's a nice looking guy! *weakly* Not that that matters, or anything... Nice looking cast!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Samantha Fuller, Sam Beckett's daughter?

Joshua Ramsey looks too young to be Sam Beckett especially if he is supposed to have fathered a full grown Samantha Fuller.

ris768 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Samantha Fuller, Sam Beckett's daughter?

Joshua Ramsey looks too young to be Sam Beckett especially if he is supposed to have fathered a full grown Samantha Fuller.

Unfortunately, expectations for a full-fledged film production can’t be placed on this. We’re doing the best with what we have. It’s a fanfilm.

Thanks LadyKayoss! I’ll pass that along to Josh! :)

Peace,

Chris

Updates!

Thanks Janna! It is going to be way cool and I can't wait to shoot this!

No, no Donna in this one
unfortunately. I wish I could have put all the classic characters in this one.

We had our first cast rehearsal yesterday here at our ranch, and had a fantastic time! Here are some pictures!

(From left: Tom Johnson, camera department; Daniel Boughton, playing 'Tech 2'; David Briggs, playing the US President; and Josh Ramsey, playing Dr. Sam Beckett.)

From left: Nikki Hurrle Warner as Meredith; Josh Ramsey as Sam Beckett

I'm so glad we have a three month head-start on this. One can never have enough planning and pre-production!

Chris :)

Kirok said:
Thanks Janna! It is going to be way cool and I can't wait to shoot this!

No, no Donna in this one
unfortunately. I wish I could have put all the classic characters in this one.

We had our first cast rehearsal yesterday here at our ranch, and had a fantastic time! Here are some pictures!

(From left: Tom Johnson, camera department; Daniel Boughton, playing 'Tech 2'; David Briggs, playing the US President; and Josh Ramsey, playing Dr. Sam Beckett.)

From left: Nikki Hurrle Warner as Meredith; Josh Ramsey as Sam Beckett

I'm so glad we have a three month head-start on this. One can never have enough planning and pre-production!

Chris :)

Cute guy. :)

Preety big shoes to fill, to be Sam. Can't wait to see the result. :)