Retrospective

leaper1

PQL Security Staff
Staff member
Sep 1, 2002
Bedford, England
SciFiNow - a British magazine - I got hold of issue 4 today.
To be fair, it covers all sorts of things I wouldn't call SciFi personally, like Pirates of the Carribean and Harry Potter.
But it also has a lot of old shows like Sliders and Blake's 7 in.

The point is - advertised as 'a complete guide' for the Retro section of issue 5 - release date 9th August, is

None other than QUANTUM LEAP!!!!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Needless to say I'll be looking out for it - how bout you guys?

Oh and by the way, it has a "Conventions - Diary dates" section.
Methinks that a certain Leap Convention should appear in the appropriate issue.

Sorry

I would offer to scan the pages into my computer and post them here once I have it, but I think that would breach copyright, and I don't want Brian or myself to be in trouble for infringement.

Ok well thanx for the information Julia but I don't want a subcription or anything I don't generally read magizines. That's why I was hoping Helen could show us here but thats ok its not big deal.

That's true, Helen. I have a lot of old magazines and such and sometimes newer clips, but never a complete new article on the site. I got permission to show lots of DVD materials for those releases. If you want to scan them and send them to me via email, I'll post them after some time passes and it shouldn't be much of a problem as the sales from that issue will have run their natural course.

Yeah Brian has power since he's the owner of this site so he can get permission to desplay the articles and such. I should have thought of that hehe.

Oh and by the way, it has a "Conventions - Diary dates" section.
Methinks that a certain Leap Convention should appear in the appropriate issue.

That's a great suggestion, Helen -- unfortunately, that issue probably got "put to bed" weeks ago. Monthly magazines generally go to the printer quite a long while before they appear on stands (I'm thinking 4-6 weeks at least). But thanks for the tip on that issue!

CarolD said:
That's a great suggestion, Helen -- unfortunately, that issue probably got "put to bed" weeks ago. Monthly magazines generally go to the printer quite a long while before they appear on stands (I'm thinking 4-6 weeks at least). But thanks for the tip on that issue!

Actually the issue I have - which is the July 2007 issue shows Diary events from the first of July to around the 3rd September -so sorta "Happening Now".
What I was suggesting was to get the LeapCon listed in a Spring 2009 issue, so folks know it is going on. It says UK conventions at the top, but also lists ones taking place in the USA.

Ah, got you! I was thinking you meant an ad in the issue with the retrospective. I think Emma is our person for handling advertising in the British press -- she's been keeping a great handle on things. I'll check with her and see if she's heard of SciFi Now -- never heard of it myself (but then, we don't get many British magazines where I live).

Because it takes a while to get holiday time, plane flights, etc. all lined up, we want overseas fans to have the con info well ahead of time. Any suggestions you guys might have for getting info out at other British cons or other fan gatherings would be appreciated!