Old 10-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #76
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina_als_girl
Oh, I like your idea about the half-brother thing.

And, wow, I didn't even think about John Billingsley. Maybe if they used him they could have it that he's Gooshie's brother, but he reminds everyone of him so they just call him Gooshie.

Joy
That sounds like it could work, but sorry I just looked this person up and I don't see the resemblence.

I was also thinking (and I mentioned this somewhere else a long time ago but this is a more appropriate thread than the original one I used.) that if they cast the role of Tina Kyra Sedgwick would be perfect, she looks so much like the original actoress that I actually at one time thought they were the same person.

Although I doubt there will be a need for Tina because the main purpose of her role was as Al's lover so with Beth she does not have much of a role. Unless they gave her the role the novels did as the second highest IQ at the progect.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #77
isz
Assistant to Gooshie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jerusalem,Israel
Posts: 441
Default

I think,from the start,Tina was a part of the project,without any conection to Al.
In a high classification project like project QL It's hard for me to believe Tina got her job and classification,just because she's Al girlfriend(don't forget she was never merried to Al).
And beside, remember ALFL - after Al gone Tina was still at the project, only this time she was merried to Gooshie.
__________________
isz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #78
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,802
Default

I didn't say she was not a part of the project or only was through Al, I am just saying she was never mentioned except in relation to Al. St. John even mentioned her being the Pulse Communication Technician. And yes her being married to Gooshi works since they had a couple flings as mentioned in How the Tess was Won and The Leap Back.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:35 AM   #79
RossBeckett
Project Observer
 
RossBeckett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH (Zipcode 45039)
Posts: 734
Default

Willie Garson/Martin Lloyd: "The movie was cancelled."
Claudia Black/Vala: "Oh, that's too bad."
Willie Garson/ML: "Not for me. They decided to renew the series instead!"

Wouldn't it be really cool if NBC Universal tells Deborah to make a new series! Here's to hoping that WILL happen.

Steve B.


Disclaimer: The dialogue above came from Stargate SG-1 episode, "200". Creative rights to the series belong to Glassner, Wright, and Cooper.
__________________
"If you want her to cook the meal, you gotta let her shop for the groceries."
Wilson White; Chairman of the Board of Directors of Tunney Media Group*(TMG). (Ed Asner; Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip)


*TMG is the fictional conglomerate corporation that owns the fictional National Broadcasting System(NBS) and both were created by Aaron Sorkin("The West Wing", "A Few Good Men")
RossBeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:50 AM   #80
isz
Assistant to Gooshie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jerusalem,Israel
Posts: 441
Default

Back to the subject.
here is another nominee name for Sammy-Jo i just found...
Constance Zimmer,37(today,so happy birthday!) -
http://imdb.com/name/nm0956603/

And after i read her resume i realize she's another one of those actresses you see a lot,but don't really remember. Anyway i really like her in "Joan of Arcadia".
__________________
isz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:54 AM   #81
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossBeckett
Willie Garson/Martin Lloyd: "The movie was cancelled."
Claudia Black/Vala: "Oh, that's too bad."
Willie Garson/ML: "Not for me. They decided to renew the series instead!"

Wouldn't it be really cool if NBC Universal tells Deborah to make a new series! Here's to hoping that WILL happen.

Steve B.


Disclaimer: The dialogue above came from Stargate SG-1 episode, "200". Creative rights to the series belong to Glassner, Wright, and Cooper.
I would prefer a movie myself unless they renewed the series with good old Sam.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:38 PM   #82
RossBeckett
Project Observer
 
RossBeckett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH (Zipcode 45039)
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isz
Back to the subject.
here is another nominee name for Sammy-Jo i just found...
Constance Zimmer,37(today,so happy birthday!) -
http://imdb.com/name/nm0956603/
Indeed, another good choice!

~Steve B.
__________________
"If you want her to cook the meal, you gotta let her shop for the groceries."
Wilson White; Chairman of the Board of Directors of Tunney Media Group*(TMG). (Ed Asner; Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip)


*TMG is the fictional conglomerate corporation that owns the fictional National Broadcasting System(NBS) and both were created by Aaron Sorkin("The West Wing", "A Few Good Men")
RossBeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:48 AM   #83
tina_als_girl
PQL Security Staff
 
tina_als_girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Springfield, Missouri, USA
Posts: 739
Default

Okay, another off-topic casting idea:

If they're going for more well-known actors, and if Susan Diol were to end up being unavailable, I'd cast Wendy Crewson as Beth. I just recently saw her in "The Seeker", and I couldn't stop thinking of her as Beth every time she came on-screen.

Joy
__________________

tina_als_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:36 AM   #84
isz
Assistant to Gooshie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jerusalem,Israel
Posts: 441
Default

If i'll need to nominee an actress playing Beth i'll go with an actress, who's closer to the age of Beth Calavivcci(who i believe suppose to be in her mid 60's) and my nominee will be...Sally Field: http://imdb.com/name/nm0000398/
__________________
isz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 PM   #85
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina_als_girl
Okay, another off-topic casting idea:

If they're going for more well-known actors, and if Susan Diol were to end up being unavailable, I'd cast Wendy Crewson as Beth. I just recently saw her in "The Seeker", and I couldn't stop thinking of her as Beth every time she came on-screen.

Joy
Actually she has a lot of a Donna face to me but I could see her making a decent Beth too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isz
If i'll need to nominee an actress playing Beth i'll go with an actress, who's closer to the age of Beth Calavivcci(who i believe suppose to be in her mid 60's) and my nominee will be...Sally Field: http://imdb.com/name/nm0000398/
Sorry but while I love her I can't really see her in this role. If only she were younger because I could slightly see her as one of the daughters.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #86
Snish
Observer's Aid
 
Snish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cocono's in the Poconos
Posts: 642
Default

I think Sally Field would be an excellent choice for Beth. While I'd also like to see Susan Diol do it, I'm just not thrilled about having an actress who's probably in her 40s play someone in her 60s. Age makeup is never very realistic, and if they don't do it, she would look impossibly young.
__________________
Snish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #87
isz
Assistant to Gooshie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jerusalem,Israel
Posts: 441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan

Sorry but while I love her I can't really see her in this role. If only she were younger because I could slightly see her as one of the daughters.
What Daughter?! Sally field will turn 61yo next month. the only part she could play in this kind of project is Beth.And,honestly...I think,in a lot of ways, she remind Susan Diol in her look.Don't You?!
__________________
isz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #88
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isz
What Daughter?! Sally field will turn 61yo next month. the only part she could play in this kind of project is Beth.And,honestly...I think,in a lot of ways, she remind Susan Diol in her look.Don't You?!
Umm did you miss some of my post, I said if only she were younger.
And I suppose she could make an ok Beth. And Snish so what if Susan Doil would look impossible young, some people are just like that. my aunt is going to be 50 this month yet if you saw her there is no way in hell you would guess that. She looks to be more in her thirties. So maybe Beth is one of those people who does not look her age. Sorry not trying to bash you I would never do that to anyone on purpose, just saying that there is no better actress than the original, these other suggestions to me are just aternate ideas for the case of Susan Doil not being able to return or not desiring it.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #89
isz
Assistant to Gooshie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jerusalem,Israel
Posts: 441
Default

I think in the entire cast there are only 2 roles ,that have to be played by the same actors - Sam and Al.The rest of the cast can be changed freely,in my opinion. That why ,although i think if we'll have a Donna - Teri Hatcher should play her(She'll always be the one and only Donna Elesee for me)I think ,that if a different actresses would play Donna it would be just as fine -A bit disapointing but fine.
Donna's role never been a main role in the series,and that why i think the Actress playing Donna can be changed.

Anyway -Back to Beth... As much as i enjoyed seeing Susen Diol as Beth,I never thought she's "the one and only" Beth Calavicci.
__________________
isz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #90
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isz
I think in the entire cast there are only 2 roles ,that have to be played by the same actors - Sam and Al.The rest of the cast can be changed freely,in my opinion. That why ,although i think if we'll have a Donna - Teri Hatcher should play her(She'll always be the one and only Donna Elesee for me)I think ,that if a different actresses would play Donna it would be just as fine -A bit disapointing but fine.
Donna's role never been a main role in the series,and that why i think the Actress playing Donna can be changed.

Anyway -Back to Beth... As much as i enjoyed seeing Susen Diol as Beth,I never thought she's "the one and only" Beth Calavicci.
I agree with your opinions on Donna, Terri Hatcher is the best but a new actress could pull off the role just as well and I think that woman Joy nominated for Beth has a perfect face for Donna she kind of looks like an older Terri Hatcher to me at least from her main IMDB profile picture I don't know how recent it is though.

As for Beth I have to respectfully disagree, I believe Susan Doil is the one and only. Not that I don't support another actress choice if it be needed.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:56 AM   #91
isz
Assistant to Gooshie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jerusalem,Israel
Posts: 441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan
I agree with your opinions on Donna, Terri Hatcher is the best but a new actress could pull off the role just as well
Speaking of Donna...Here is an actress i think can replace Teri,if Teri won't be available("Desperate housewives",you know...) or Teri won't have interest in coming back for the role...Sela Ward -
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000688/

BTW here's a question - I read a lot of replies about Deborah Pratt regrets of ever bringing Donna back to QL,if it's true...Do you really believe there's a chance that Donna exist in DP script we're talking about here?!
__________________
isz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #92
Snish
Observer's Aid
 
Snish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cocono's in the Poconos
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Beckett Fan
And Snish so what if Susan Doil would look impossible young, some people are just like that. my aunt is going to be 50 this month yet if you saw her there is no way in hell you would guess that. She looks to be more in her thirties. So maybe Beth is one of those people who does not look her age. Sorry not trying to bash you I would never do that to anyone on purpose, just saying that there is no better actress than the original, these other suggestions to me are just aternate ideas for the case of Susan Doil not being able to return or not desiring it.
Don't worry, I didn't think you were bashing me just because you have a different opinion. I just happen to like Sally Field. I have since her Flying Nun days. (And that was a *long* time ago!) She's also worked with Dean Stockwell before, and they worked together very well, I thought. I would like to see an actress who looks age-appropriate next to Dean Stockwell in the role. Beth isn't a trophy wife. She and Al married when they were both young. So if they bring back Susan Diol, I hope they put a little gray in her hair.
__________________
Snish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #93
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snish
Don't worry, I didn't think you were bashing me just because you have a different opinion. I just happen to like Sally Field. I have since her Flying Nun days. (And that was a *long* time ago!) She's also worked with Dean Stockwell before, and they worked together very well, I thought. I would like to see an actress who looks age-appropriate next to Dean Stockwell in the role. Beth isn't a trophy wife. She and Al married when they were both young. So if they bring back Susan Diol, I hope they put a little gray in her hair.
Oh I love her too, she is a great actoress but just because a person is a great actor/actress does not make them right for every role in the world. That's all I was meaning, I said the same thing about the suggestion of Jennifer Garner as Sammy Jo.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #94
CULLENJ19
PQL Visitor
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1
Default

Deborah, Congrats on your proposal.
I'd suggest B-film star Diane Kruger for the role.
She may be pricy but her feet rule!
Hot feet= Ratings.
Think about it.
Thanks
Cullen
__________________
CULLENJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #95
Jaycol
Control Room Technician
 
Jaycol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jacksonville, North Carolina
Posts: 139
Default

My suggestions would be Jennifer Garner and Renee Zellweger. Not sure if that is how her name is spelled but I can see her as sammy jo grown up.
__________________
Jaycol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:57 AM   #96
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,802
Default

Oh I love Renee Zellweger's face, its perfect for the role. I can totally see her growing up from Kimberly.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #97
RossBeckett
Project Observer
 
RossBeckett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Near Cincinnati, OH (Zipcode 45039)
Posts: 734
Default

Okay, similar to how Jessica Steen(blonde) and Torri Higginson(brunette) were both casted for the role of Dr. Elizabeth Weir, How about Rita Wilson as Donna or Beth. Take your pick.

Pictured beside her husband Tom Hanks:
http://cweek.mysite4now.com/uploadim...onTomHanks.jpg
__________________
"If you want her to cook the meal, you gotta let her shop for the groceries."
Wilson White; Chairman of the Board of Directors of Tunney Media Group*(TMG). (Ed Asner; Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip)


*TMG is the fictional conglomerate corporation that owns the fictional National Broadcasting System(NBS) and both were created by Aaron Sorkin("The West Wing", "A Few Good Men")
RossBeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:05 AM   #98
Sam Beckett Fan
Senior Leaper
 
Sam Beckett Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 2,802
Default

She would have to dye her hair because both women have dark hair but other than that I could see her as a fair Donna.
__________________

-=-=-=-=-
Icon made by the lovely Ladystoneheart with the beautiful screen captures of StrayStar.
Signature made by me.
My QL screen capture collection: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Sa...?sort=3&page=1
Sam Beckett Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #99
ziggysego
Observer's Aid
 
ziggysego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: An Caislean Glas, Tir Eoghain, Éire
Posts: 692
Default

I've kinda been out of here for a while, with one thing and another. What's the update on this project?
__________________

ziggysego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #100
alsplacebartender
Al's Place Bartender
 
alsplacebartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Mount Airy, North Carolina
Posts: 5,477
Default

Deborah is still at it with Universal. Don't have any new news on this just yet.
__________________

Brian Greene
Al's Place Bartender
alsplacebartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2016 Al's Place Quantum Leap Fan Site | 4.8.15.16.23.42