Old 08-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #51
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelicious
Sam's Crow,

So sorry, but when my posts were approved (I had to get past the newb thing, ya know), it displaced your last entry.

Yikes.
Don't worry about it.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #52
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Have some work to do, thought I would post something to keep the story going. It's going to be short for now.

"And your going in to..." the man asked.

"Yes, I am." Sam asked, excited about what this appeared to be heading towards.

"Can we talk?" the woman asked Sam.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:29 AM   #53
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Thanks for being patient. Alright, now for the rest...

The woman ushered Sam to the side of the building. The man with her was followed close behind.

"You see, dear, how do I put this..."

Sam knew this could be his golden oppotunity. "You would like to be the adoptive parents of my children?" Sam hinted.

"Bluntly put, yes, we would," the woman responded.

"We've waited for so long," the man started. "Your children could bring so much joy in our lives."

Sam smiled. If all went well, he could leap out of her in a matter of minutes.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #54
Aurora Illusions
Waiting Room Visitor

Wow they aren't even surprised at the 'children'..as opposed to 'child'? =O
Old 08-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #55
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Illusions
Wow they aren't even surprised at the 'children'..as opposed to 'child'? =O

Oh lord... I need to stop doing posts at 9:30 and later at night...Of course I won't stop, but I should.

If anyone kicks up a fuss and would really like me to change that, I will, other wise, I'll just call it a blooper.

Last edited by ohboy; 08-27-2008 at 05:43 PM.
ohboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #56
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

The woman infront of Sam looked down, "You see, for about five years we've been trying for one of our own. About a year and a half ago I managed to get pregnant" she made eye contact with Sam, "Ten months passed and I gave birth, but as I did so... complications developed, and the baby was still born. I was advised not to get pregnant again as it would cause too much strain on my womb."
"I'm so sorry to here that, Mrs. Bulyamia", Sam spoke softly.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #57
ohboy
Junior Leaper

My first instinct was for the woman to ask "How do you know my name!?!", but I figure that, like Aurora pointed out about the people not batting an eye to the mention of twins, this too was a "blooper". After all, we're not stuffy like that in this story, right?

Unless, of course, the name was mentioned earlier, but I don't think so.

Mr. Bulyamia came up, holding a notepad and a pen. "Maddie, how about we give you our telephone number, so we can stay in contact."

"That'd be great!" Sam said, a little more excited than he had meant to.

"Should we get your phone number as well?" Mrs. Bulyamia asked.

"Uh.. Sure..." Sam started, unsure as to what that was.

"555-7469" a familar voice said behind Sam. Sam didn't even hear Al leap in.

"Uh... 555-7469," Sam echoed.

"Great," Mr. Bulyamia said, as they exchanged phone numbers. "Well, shall we go inside?"

By the way, I don't really know a lot about adoption proceedings work, so I'm just going to let someone else take this next scene.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #58
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Well Sam was probably told the names of the adoptive parents on the phone. I have no clue how adoption proceedings work either so...

They went inside and sat down. "We often get turned down for adoption" the man started.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:27 AM   #59
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam's Crow
Well Sam was probably told the names of the adoptive parents on the phone. I have no clue how adoption proceedings work either so...

They went inside and sat down. "We often get turned down for adoption" the man started.
Shows how stupid I am . I thought they met on accident. Lord, this has been a long week. Anyways, anyone know how these things work, otherwise I'll have to muddle through this...
Old 08-29-2008, 03:58 AM   #60
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

You're not stupid, ohboy. Can always just type "Adoption" in Wikipedia or something like that.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:34 AM   #61
ohboy
Junior Leaper

I checked it out. Not much clear, but you know what? This story doesn't have to be 100% realistic. Yes, I say that to justify laziness in me not wanting to do a whole bunch of research, but this story is supposed to be fun. If I put up a bunch of research, that would be schoolwork!

After all, I'm not being graded on this! I shouldn't be harshly judeged on this!

You can tell I'm already back in new-semester mode... Later, I'll be going by and checking posts for proper grammar and clear coherency.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:39 AM   #62
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboy
Later, I'll be going by and checking posts for proper grammar and clear coherency.
Don't you dare analyse my posts.

Now, would I do a thing like that?
Old 08-31-2008, 01:46 AM   #63
ohboy
Junior Leaper

<Puts on Kevlar Vest, tucks white flag in pocket, and holds up large bullet-proof shield, while holding a whistle around neck>

Of course not, Crow. By the way, in your 36th post, I couldn't help but notice...
Old 08-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #64
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboy
Of course not, Crow. By the way, in your 36th post, I couldn't help but notice...
What do you mean?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:07 PM   #65
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Just a joke, about the post. Anyways, I've gone off-topic long enough.

Sam and the couple sat in silence, waiting for the receptionist to call their name. Sam was so excited by the prospect he could leap out of a pregnant woman that he could barely contain himself.

"Matina Golbeze?" the receptionist called.

Sam stood, along with the Bulyamias. Walking down a hall, they went into the only office at the end. Walking in, Sam and the couple sat down on three of the four chairs lined up in front of the large desk.

"Welcome, Mrs. Golbeze, Mr. and Mrs. Bulyamia. Today might just be your lucky day!" the man behind the desk said, looking straigt at the couple.

Mrs. Bulyamia turned to Sam. "We've been here quite a number of times. This time, though, I think we can finally have our own child. Or children, as I believe you said. We can certainly afford to care for and love two children."
Old 09-01-2008, 05:13 AM   #66
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

I just thought, we don't even have a location.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #67
ohboy
Junior Leaper

You are very right. We don't... I don't know how much it would matter at this point, but if you would like you can make a location and tell us. I assume it's in the United States, since almost every Quantum Leap episode is.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #68
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

"Mrs. Golbez" the woman started, "I understand that you have three children already."
"Yes, that's right" Sam stated.
"Do you mind me asking, why are these babies not going to be in your care?"
Old 09-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #69
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Sam quickly answered. "We can't keep the twins because our financial situation just changed. It's hard to support three children, but I don't think we could provide a stable envirnoment for five."

The man behind the desk chuckled. "I dont' even think you'll be needing me besides the paperwork. Anyways," at this point, the man extends his hand to Sam, "Joe Hunter."

Sam shook Joe's hand. "Nice to meet you." The doctor then shook the hands of the couple, before reaching in a drawer in his desk and getting a stack of papers.

Hunter continued. "Mr. Bulyamia, I assume I don't have to ask for all of your neccesary paperwork. "

Mr. Bulyamia grinned. "No, I don't think that you need to. If it helps, I just got a raise at work." He handed the papers to Hunter, who turned back to Sam.

"Matina Golbeze, are you willing to give up all rights to your children. After you sign everything, you can't change your mind."

As Sam was about to answer, he looked to his side, and could see Al gesturing to him.

"Sam!" Al said. "Can I have a mintue with you?"

Sam got up. "Excuse me. Is there a bathroom here?"

Hunter didn't miss a beat. "Leave the hall and enter the door on your left."

Someone may want to confirm that. I think that law varies state-to-state on how long, if any, a person has to change their mind on this, so it may be a good thing that the location was never told.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:03 AM   #70
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Did I make this last story contributin too hard to follow?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #71
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Yep, I'll do my one now.

Sam was rather hesitant about entering a women's "bathroom" at first but then realized that it'd seem a bit odd him just standing outside a door talking to no one. They both entered and Sam hal whispered to Al, "Is it working?"
Al gave a frown and shook his head, "I don't like this... Mr. Bulyamia guy"
Old 09-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #72
ohboy
Junior Leaper

The only reason I asked before if I made the post too hard to follow was because it was about ten days later, and no reply. I guess it was impatience on my part.

"Why Al? He seems like a very nice person," Sam said.

"Because," Al started, "this Bulyamia guy was arrested a year later."

"What? They seems like a very nice older couple. What did he get arrested for?"
Old 09-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #73
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

**Appears in the middle of the thread and promptly falls to the floor. Ouch. I'm going to dust myself off and help contribute to the round robin.**

Al tapped a few more buttons, "He gets arrested for fraud. His wife doesn't even know he's committing it until the cops show up at their doorstep. This scares the kids something fierce and Mrs. Bulyamia never completely gets over it. The image of her once can-do-no-wrong husband is forever shattered."
"That's horrible!" Sam exclaimed.
"The children don't do so well in life after that, petty crimes, they don't trust anyone. You need to stall the adoption process for now."
Sam nodded, "I can do that." Looking into the mirror Sam pinched his cheeks several times so it would look like he had been ill. Placing a hand over his belly he slumped his shoulders and did his best at acting sick. "I'm so sorry, I don't feel at all well. Can we continue this later, please?"
--The Highway Man
Errowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #74
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"Alright, then," Hunter said. "I don't want a sick person to sign over her children. How about we meet again in two days, on Wednesday, same time?"

"That's sounds great!" Sam replied, getting up to leave. "I'm sorry about this."

The Bulyamias sighed, but smiled. "No, no dear," Mrs. Bulyamia said. "We've waited for so long. Two more days won't make much of a difference."

At this, Sam began to walk out towards his car. When no one else was around, he looked at Al.

"So maybe I'm here to help the Bulyamias. What kind of fraud?" Sam asked.

Al looked at his handlink before answering. "Insurance fraud. Apparantly, they wanted children so badly, but didn't have the money for them, that he takes out a big fire-insurance policy on his home, and then it burns down in two days from now. Apparantly, his mother just died, and willed him the house, so they take the children, move into the house and live happily ever after..."

Sam finished the sentence. "Until he gets arrested..."
Old 09-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #75
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

"Yeah," Al agreed quietly.

Sam frowned and folded his arms across his chest as his mind was trying to formulate a plan. "I can only act sick for so long," Sam admitted.

"Think about when you were pregnant last time," Al offered as he tried to be as encouraging as he could.

"Oh, don't remind me. I still haven't gotten over the odd cravings. Al, is there any type of government programs that could help them?"

"I'll check," Al promised.
--The Highway Man
Errowyn is offline   Reply With Quote