Old 10-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #101
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Mrs. Rico grinned half laughing and said, "Well, I've got six of my own"
Old 10-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #102
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

"Six? That's quite a family," Sam said. He could never imagine himself being a parent to six children. "How do you manage it?"

"One day at a time," Mrs. Rico said. "Once the oldest children are big enough I often enlisted them to help their younger siblings."
--The Highway Man
Errowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #103
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"Have you ever considered opening a daycare?" Sam asked.

"Me a daycare? Heavens no. Though it might provide a bit of income for Howard and I," Mrs. Rico said.

"Howard?" Sam asked.

"Yes, my husband and I wanted a little extra spending money. After bills, we just don't have a lot to spare."
Old 10-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #104
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Sam nodded his understanding. "You're so good with children I'm sure you can help them in many ways."
--The Highway Man
Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #105
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"Thank you, Matina. I'll consider what you said. Now, no more talk about money or business. How's the tea?"

"Delicious, as always." Sam replied.

For the next twenty minutes, Sam and Mrs. Rico talked about more shallow topics, and Sam was more than happy for Mrs. Rico to do most of the talking, considering that Sam wasn't fully aware of the happenings of the 1950s. Finally, Mrs. Rico made Sam promise to save some of the cookies for the rest of the family, and then, after goodbyes, was on her way.

"Did you have a nice tea party?" Al asked, appearing suddenly.

"Al, run this through Ziggy. What if Mrs. Rico and I... I mean Matina, open up a day care together?"

Al reluctantly began to push buttons on his handlink. "Sam, I don't think that's very likely... Whoa." Al stopped, a look of disbelief on his face.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #106
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

"Whoa?" Sam repeated. "Is that a good 'whoa' or a bad 'whoa'?"

"It does help children," Al remarked. "Actually, it helps quite a few children..."
--The Highway Man
Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #107
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"That's great, Al. Maybe, with Anthony's job and Matina's day care work, they'll have enough to make it."

Al clicked on his handlink. "It says here that yes, they should be able to."

Sam was excited he solved his problem and should be able to leap. "Well, Al, I guess this is it."

Al looked back at his handlink, and then at Sam. "Uh, don't get excited yet, Sam. Did you forget that you still have to help the Bulyamias?"

As soon as Al spoke, the telephone rang. Sam went over to pick to pick it up.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #108
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

I'm a little drowsy tonight so I'll see about posting a good passage tomorrow.
--The Highway Man
Old 10-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #109
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Giving Al a small smile Sam was convinced it would be good news. Picking up the phone reciever he said, "Hello?"

"Hello, Mrs. Golbeze?" The male voice on the other side of the line said.

"Yes."

"It's Mr. Bulyamia, listen, I may have been able to find a small job for your husband. It isn't full time and the pay isn't the best but..."

"It can't hurt to talk to him," Sam insisted.
--The Highway Man
Old 10-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #110
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"Anthony! Phone!" Sam called. Anthony immediately walked out of the other room, and over to where Sam was. "It's about that job I told you about," Sam whispered, holding his hand over the receiver. Anthony took the phone, smiling in gratitude to his wife before he did.

Sam waited while Anthony and Mr. Bulyamia talked on the phone, discussing the conversation. It appeared to be going well, and at the end, Sam could hear Anthony accepting his new position. Right before Anthony was about to say goodbye, Sam walked over.

"Could I talk to Mr. Bulyamia for a moment?" Sam asked.

"Sure," Anthony responded, handing the phone to Sam.

"Mr. Bulyamia?"

"Matina?" he responded.

"You mentioned in the interview at the adoption agent's house that you were moving. How large is your old house?"

"About three bedrooms, two bath, with two stories? Why, you thinking of moving?" Mr. Bulyamia said, laughing at the end.

"No, it's about a daycare idea my neighbor and I had," Sam replied.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:33 AM   #111
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Anthony overheard and his smile soon turned to a frown. He allowed Sam and Mr. Bulyamia to discuss the daycare and how much it would cost.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #112
Aurora Illusions
Waiting Room Visitor

Wow i havent replied to this for a while. Keep going you guys..your doing great And 1000 views..might have something to do with me checking tis 3 times a day lol
Old 10-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #113
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Thanks. You're welcome to join in, you know.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #114
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Yes, come and join in our fun!

Sam gave Anthony a cheerful smile despite the man's frown.

"We'll talk more about it tomorrow," Sam said into the phone. "Bye."

"What is this about a daycare?" Anthony demanded. His voice sounded more harsh than he meant it to.
--The Highway Man
Old 10-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #115
ohboy
Junior Leaper

I'll tell this to anybody who is thinking of contributing. I've been on this website for almost half a year, and I can say that nobody will make fun of a story contribution. Especially the usual writers. So if you want to contribute, don't hesitate. I already love seeing the creativness that everyone else brings to the story.

Sam knew he would have to play around this issue quite tactfully, if he wanted to avoid a fight.

"You see, Mrs. Rico and I were just toying with the idea of starting a daycare, and I just wanted to check out Mr. Bulyamia's old home for fun," Sam explained.

"Why? I just got a good job. You don't need to work!" Anthony yelled. Sam really hoped the children were still outside and didn't have to listen to this.

"Why can't I work? I can do it while the children are in school and you're at work," Sam asked, keeping his voice level but firm.

"So you're saying I can't provide for my own family now!" Anthony yelled louder, taking a step towards Sam. "That because I hurt my arm and have to work at some desk job, I'm not as valuable!"

As Sam was about to say something, Anthony took another step forward. He was still a few paces away, far enough that he couldn't hit Sam at this distance, but still close enough that his anger was getting dangerous.

"You don't plan on adopting away those twins, do you? That's why you want the extra money, isn't it?"
Old 10-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #116
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Sam took a step back. "Of course not!" He protested, "I want to help! I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing this to try to help people."
--The Highway Man
Old 10-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #117
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Anthony was thrown off for a second. It was obvious that he never really thought of the issue beyond the scope of finances.

"You really just want to help people? You're not doing this so you can be the better provider?" Anthony asked, a frown still on his face. Sam was making leeway with him, but he still had to be careful how he worded things.

"No, I just think that setting up a daycare would be a good idea. You would still be the main provider, my pay would just help out a little. Besides, Mrs. Rico will be the one in charge, I'll just be helping her," Sam added.

Sam couldn't tell what Anthony was thinking. He was still frowning, but he didn't look like he wanted to lunge at Sam anymore.

"Is this really what you want to do?" Anthony asked.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #118
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Sam gave Anthony a look as if to say, "have I ever let you down?".
Old 10-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #119
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

"I don't ever want to take your place," Sam slowly said. "I want to help you, Mrs. Rico, and others. I only want to make the world a better place."
--The Highway Man
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #120
Aurora Illusions
Waiting Room Visitor

Everyone now, together. -Awwwwwwww!- Nice story guys. Very touching. And no..i dont really wanna help write it lol..im a terrible writer.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #121
ohboy
Junior Leaper

We're not done yet. There's still one more unresolved issue: The Bulyamias.

Anthony walked towards Sam, but this time not in anger, but in a more friendly manner. "I'm sorry, I've been so hard on you these past few days," Anthony told Sam.

"I understand, Anthony. We all act in ways we don't want to when we're under pressure."

Anthony smiled. "I'll tell you what. I have a little money saved up. To celebrate my new job, and to show my encouragement towards your daycare, why don't we all go out to dinner!"

"That would be great!" Sam said, happy that she was able to repair the relationship between Matina and Anthony.

"Let me go get the kids and tell them." At that, Anthony ran towards the yard, where the children were still playing.

As Sam watched Anthony go, he heard the door that Al used to observe Sam's leaps. He turned to look at Al. "What happens to Matina and Anthony?"

Al activated his handlink. "You changed history, Sam. Now, Matina and Anthony live a long and happy marriage. You and Mrs. Rico found a successful daycare, and your children don't die in an orphanage."

"Then I should leap?" Sam said hopefully.

"Uh... No. Ziggy says that there's still one more thing you need to do."
Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #122
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

"You're forgetting about the Bulyamias", Al finished.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #123
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"Helping them might be a little harder..." Sam thought aloud. He was so happy that he was able to help Matina's marriage that he forgot about the Bulyamias.

"Well, Ziggy says there's a 86.87% chance you won't be leaping until after the adoption process tomorrow anyways. You still need to make sure those children get adopted," Al told Sam.

"Well then, I guess for tonight I get to enjoy pizza, and I'll figure out the rest tomorrow," Sam said, trying to hide his happiness.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #124
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

"Don't eat too much or you'll make yourself sick," Al warned.
--The Highway Man
Old 10-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #125
Sam's Crow
Assistant to Gooshie

Sam rolled his eyes as Al disappeared into the imaging chamber door.