Old 03-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #51
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Sorry about not being around. Real life reared it's ugly head. Bad real life! Bad!!

"What?" Sam asked in a louder tone of voice than he meant to. "What'd I do?"

"Don't pretend like you don't know!" Betty snapped.

Sam took a step back, "Al..."

"Al? Who's Al?"

"Nobody!" Sam lied.

"That's comforting," Al grumbled.

"I stepped on something hard and said 'ow!' Now, tell me what's gotten you so fired up at me!"
--The Highway Man
Errowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #52
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"You don't even remember punching Hank? Or do you get in so many fights in the big city, that you don't think there nothing wrong with fighting?" Betty asked.

"Look, Betty, I'm sorry about that. I was really stressed out, and Hank just got me so mad..." Sam said.

Betty's anger began to fade. "Well, Hank did deserve what he got for harassing you like."

"But that was no right to hit him," Sam said, thought it was as much to himself as it was to Betty.

"Just forget it," Betty said, no longer angry. "Now, why don't you take me out to lunch, and we can get caught up on what's been going on over the last year."

"Going on?" Sam asked, dazed.

"Yeah, about what we've both been up to. Are you sure you're okay?" Betty asked.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #53
Jaycol
Control Room Technician

"Yeah, I'll be all right. Some food sounds good right about now." Sam said hoping that getting something to eat would curb his emotions and out bursts. 'After all, I can't really make outbursts with food filling my mouth' Sam thought to himself. 'Plus, Betty is quite the looker, maybe if he played his cards right she would...what the hell am I thinking.' Sam thought. 'If I don't get these emotional holes taken care of I am going to get myself into some serious trouble.' Disgusted with himself for the way he was thinking he glanced at Al and made a motion with his head indicating he wanted him to be present so he could help fill in what has been going on in Gerry's life.
"All right Sam." Al said. "I think I will hang back a bit though just so I could get a great view of Betty as she walks away," Sam bit his tongue hard to keep from snapping at Al as he and Betty walked next to him as if he was more familiar to him than she was to Hank.
"You know I know Hank can be a real jerk, especially to you, seeing as how he claims he has been in love with me since he first moved here back in our freshman year of high school. He never liked you cause we were constantly hanging out with each other" Betty explained.
"I still shouldn't have hit him like that" Sam said regretfully.
"Hey it happened and it is done. Hank will get over it. Just like he did when you two first got into a fight."

Last edited by leaper1; 03-12-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: embolden for consistency
Jaycol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #54
Jaycol
Control Room Technician

sorry about the shape of my entry. This computer really doesn't agree with me. The parts where it says quotes are obviously quotation marks. If you can get through all that...
Old 03-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #55
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycol View Post
sorry about the shape of my entry. This computer really doesn't agree with me. The parts where it says quotes are obviously quotation marks. If you can get through all that...
I don't know about everyone else, but I understood your posting and story contribution, Jaycol. I'll add something a bit later in the day.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #56
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

I understood as well. I'll wait for OhBoy to add his part and then I'll jump in tomorrow.
--The Highway Man
Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #57
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Sam and Betty were now in front of an old diner, and sat down at a table inside.

"Are you and Hank... dating?" Sam asked.

Betty laughed. "Him. Of course not."

For some reason, Sam felt relieved. He didn't know why though, because he wasn't going to be dating Betty. But perhaps, it was the Gerry in him that was relieved. Nonetheless, Sam wanted to end this conversation soon, and return to the farm to fix whatever it was that went wrong. He didn't like all these recent lapses in his personality, and he hoped that the cure would be leaping out of Gerry.

As Sam was about to say something, Al suddenly appeared. "Sam, we have an idea about your personality changes."

Sam was used to excusing himself, and looked at Betty. "Uh, I need to go the bathroom."

"Oh, alright. What do you want to order if the waitress comes by?"

"Surprise me," Sam said, smiling weakly before turning around and heading towards a bathroom.

Once inside, Sam looked at Al. "Do you remember when you leaped into Harvey Lee Oswald?"

Sam did remember, just like it was yesterday. Of course, considering Kennedy was going to die in about two months, it could have been yesterday. Sam mentally slapped himself; that wasn't really a nice thing to think.

"Yes," was all Sam replied.

"Well, we think that Gerry has an intense anger problem. But Sam, I think that we may have a solution," Al began.

"It's about time!" Sam shouted. "I'm sorry, I mean, what did they say?"
Old 03-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #58
Jaycol
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboy View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but I understood your posting and story contribution, Jaycol. I'll add something a bit later in the day.
Oh okay. It must be the way my browser displays it for me then. I'm glad it isn't hard to understand.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #59
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycol View Post
Oh okay. It must be the way my browser displays it for me then. I'm glad it isn't hard to understand.
I try to edit it to bold for you as soon I can Jaycol. It took me a while this time since I didn't have a computer for 2 days.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #60
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper1 View Post
I try to edit it to bold for you as soon I can Jaycol. It took me a while this time since I didn't have a computer for 2 days.
Thanks for continuing to do that. It really makes it easier when I got through at the end and turn this story into a word document to post at the end, along with differentiating story postings from conversation.

You've earned a place in the acknowledgment section at the end of the story Leaper1! (Plus, you taught me that embolden was a word, so that alone deserves credit )
Old 03-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #61
leaper1
PQL Security Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboy View Post
Thanks for continuing to do that. It really makes it easier when I got through at the end and turn this story into a word document to post at the end, along with differentiating story postings from conversation.

You've earned a place in the acknowledgment section at the end of the story Leaper1! (Plus, you taught me that embolden was a word, so that alone deserves credit )
yes, unlike 'enbiggen' wasn't it? in Simpsons, embolden is a recognized word - at least in British English!
My pleasure to edit the posts. I'm not sure why the bold feature doesn't work for Jaycol, but its a simple fix.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.(Leo Buscaglia) Helen in Bedford
leaper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #62
Jaycol
Control Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaper1 View Post
yes, unlike 'enbiggen' wasn't it? in Simpsons, embolden is a recognized word - at least in British English!
My pleasure to edit the posts. I'm not sure why the bold feature doesn't work for Jaycol, but its a simple fix.
The reason it doesnt work is because I have limited access at home so at work I am able to get on more, but because I am logging in from work, I have to use a proxy to bypass the firewall and that causes little things like "enbolden"(hey I like the sound of that)and simple grammatical things like paragraphs to not work right. Thank you though for continuing to edit it leaper1
Old 03-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #63
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

"It's about time!" Sam shouted. "I'm sorry, I mean, what did they say?"

"You need to find a way to purge the anger," Al said. "You know of the different ways to do it so give it a go!"

"That's your plan?" Sam asked, his eyebrows crawling up his forehead.

"What? You thought I'd have some magic pill to make your anger go away? Put the anger to use, use it for good."
--The Highway Man
Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #64
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"Focus and direct my anger? Al, have you lost your mind?" Sam asked, raising his voice.

"Hey!" Al said, looking hurt. " I didn't say direct my anger towards me."

Sam breathed deeply, and closed his eyes. He had to figure out the problem, and get out of here. He didn't mean to snap at his good friend, the one who's stood by him through all these turmoils.

"I'm sorry, Al," Sam said, lowering his voice. "I just need to know what I have to do, and then get out of here. I need to go home. Jerry's home."

Al tilted his cigar towards the table where Betty was. "And leave her without lunch. Come on Sam, I think a nice lunch'll cheer you up."

"Maybe you're right. But I'm supposed to talk about Jerry's life after he left the city. How would I know Jerry's life."

"I'll stay in on the conversation. If she wants to know something important, then I'll tell you about it," Al said as he whipped out his handlink. "If it's something small, you can fill in the gaps."

Sam nodded, his eyes thanking his old friend. He then walked out of the bathroom, and returned to his table with Betty. Al was standing besides the table.

"What took so long, Jerry?" Betty asked. "I hope you don't mind, but I ordered your favorite."

"Really?" Sam asked. "I can't believe you remembered."

"How could I forget. You used to order the club sandwich every time we came here? I even asked them to put macaroni salad on the side."

Sam smiled to himself. Maybe Al was right. Maybe he did need to sit down over a nice lunch to rejuvenate him, which might give him an edge over his anger. What Sam didn't notice, though, was Hank nearing the little diner.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #65
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

"Thank you for ordering for me," Sam said with a semi-forced smile. He decided to get the subject on his companion as quickly as possible so Al could get any necessary information. "How have you been while I've been away?"

Al was so busy tapping away at buttons he failed to notice Hank edging towards them.
--The Highway Man
Old 03-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #66
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"There you are, Rogers!" Hank yelled to Sam, startling the both of them. "Thought you'd run away before I could catch up to you?"

Sam began to stand up, but Al put a rather a transparent hand on his shoulder. "Sam, remember. Direct your anger, don't hurt him."

Sam nodded, which Hank assumed was an answer. "Well, then its a good thing I caught up to you, isn't it?"

Sam glared at Hank, although he could see two burly men behind Hank. Obviously, this man didn't fight fair. "Would you like to step outside?" Sam asked.

"It would be my pleasure," Hank responded.

"Jerry, don't do this!" Betty said.

"Yeah, Sam. She's right!" Al agreed.

"I have a plan," Sam mumbled to Al, before turning to Betty. "I'll be back in a minute."

"Jerry!" Betty called, but by this time, the four men and one hologram were going outside.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #67
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Sam did his best to remain standing in a neutral stance. If he could he would avoid settling this dispute with violence. That and he didn't know if he alone would be able to take on three grown men.

"You wanted to have a word with me?" Sam innocently said.

"Yeah, I did!" Hank snapped.

"Stall, Sam!" Al urged.

"Are they necessary?" Sam asked while gesturing to the two burly men with Hank. "If we are going to settle this shouldn't it be between the two of us?"
--The Highway Man
Old 03-24-2009, 06:00 PM   #68
ohboy
Junior Leaper

"They're just here in case you decide to sucker punch me again," Hank said, a smug look on his face.

"If I recall, you started it," Sam said.

"Listen, bigshot lawyer. Betty's my girl, and I'll thank you not to talk to her."

Sam was getting angry now. Not only because of how he was treating Sam, but because he thought he had some control over Betty. Sam had a feeling Hank was bad news for Betty, and they would probably be involved in leaping out.

"Listen, Hank. I don't see a sign on her that says you own her," Sam said.

"Maybe I'll make her wear one, then," Hank said, and the two men behind him started laughing.

"You nozzle!" Al said to Hank.

"Listen, just leave me alone, and leave Betty alone, okay?" Sam said.

Hank took an intimidating step towards Sam. "What are you going to do about it?"

Sam had enough of this Hank. He felt the anger inside of him, but this time, instead of fighting it, he absorbed it into his being. Just like Al said, he was going to use this anger to resolve the situation. Sam was mad, but he was still in control of himself. That was all he needed.

"Just leave Betty alone," Sam said again.

"Make me!" Hank said, before he pushed Sam, causing him to fall back. However, Sam stabilized himself, and ducked in time to avoid another punch towards the face. As another fist swung at him, Sam grabbed his wrist, and hurled him to the ground. He then looked at the other two men who started coming towards him.

Al, however, could see in Sam's eyes that he was just inches away from snapping. If Jerry's anger took over, and combined with Sam's martial arts fighting abilities, things could get very ugly.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #69
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

"Saaam," Al began. "Sam, solve this fight quickly!"

Sam wasn't listening as he was busy kicking one of the goons in the stomach.

Al had never seen that look in Sam's eyes before. The look told him Sam certainly wasn't enjoying what he had to do but he did plan on ending it once and for all.
--The Highway Man
Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #70
ohboy
Junior Leaper

One of the goon's fists hit Sam's stomach, and he stumbled. However, as the goon came closer, Sam kicked him the in the stomach, and turned to Hank, who was starting to stand up. Both of his companions were on the ground, groaning.

Sam bent down, and held Hank's hair with his hand. "Don't bother me, or Betty again, understand?" Sam said.

Hank nodded as best as he could, considering he was being held.

Sorry for making Sam seem so violent.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #71
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Sam only fights for defense and when he needs to.

Sam jerked roughly as he released Hank. He watched as Hank fell to the ground and stepped over him. Sam didn't feel any other harsh words needed to be exchanged.

"That was amazing, Sam!" Al said more in astonishment than actual praise.

"I only did what I had to do," Sam replied.
--The Highway Man
Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #72
ohboy
Junior Leaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errowyn View Post
Sam only fights for defense and when he needs to.
That is true. I'm not fully awake yet, so I'll try to reply to this later. However, if anyone else wants to contribute, don't hesitate. This is open to everyone, and I love reading what everyone has to add.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #73
Jaycol
Control Room Technician

Walking back to the diner Sam still felt ashamed at how he handled the whole confrontation with Hank and his boys, even if he was able to hold himself in check. Betty was looking at him with concern etched on her face. "Are you all right?" She asked.
Sam couldn't look into her eyes he was too ashamed to. "I'm fine. Lets get out of here. My mom is cooking dinner and would kill me if she knew I ruined my appetite at the diner, I am sure she could make room for you." He said trying to put a lighter tone on things. He reached into his back pocket for his wallet and opened it up. He was shocked to see what was in the wallet. Inside there was way more money than a junior lawyer at a firm would make and a folded up piece of paper. His curiosity got the better of him and he unfolded the paper and froze. "Sam, I don't like that look. What is wrong?" Al asked worry thick in his voice.
"I think it is the deed to the farm." Sam said, feeling like a brand new set of weights was dropped on his shoulders.

Last edited by leaper1; 04-02-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Jaycol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #74
Errowyn
Observer's Aid

Sam briefly closed his eyes and then opened them again. The weight on his shoulders increased as he shoved the deed back into "his" wallet before Betty could see.

"Are you sure, Jerry?" Betty asked. "I don't want to impose..."

Forcing a warm smile on his face Sam shook his head, "Mom would love to see you again. She's always been quite fond of you and we can all catch up on what's happened."
--The Highway Man
Old 04-03-2009, 01:12 AM   #75
ohboy
Junior Leaper

The two of them walked back to the farm, with help from Al as to the directions. When they got there, Jerry's mother was waiting by the door, a look of both love and sternness that only a mother could give.

"Jerry Fitzgerald Rogers, do you have any idea what time it is. I told you that supper would be ready by five," she said.

Sam realized that it was later than he thought it was. Apparantly, fighting, both with Hank and his own sanity, made him lose track of time. "Sorry mom," Sam replied.

"Hello Betty," Veronica said, motioning to Betty. "Come on in, there's always room for one more."

"I would love to," Betty said, and the two of them walked toward the house. That just left Sam to think why he had the deed to the farm, and why he had so much money. Jerry wasn't planning on betraying his family, was he? This might be something that Al would have to ask the real Jerry back in the waiting room. He had to find, yet again, another place to be alone to ask Al.