Recent content by Errowyn

1. Errowyn

Well, I'm back!

I know it's been forever since I've last been here. I still recognize some of the names. Life hasn't exactly been kind, but I think I'm getting through it. Sadly both my parents have passed away from cancer. Mom had leukemia and died in December 2011. Dad had lung cancer that spread through...
  2. Errowyn

Happy birthday leaper1!

I hope you have a good birthday today. :D
  3. Errowyn

Happy birthday Leaper1!

I hope you have a good birthday tomorrow. :cheers
  4. Errowyn

My cat is going to be a cone head!

My cat Rascal has had a scratch on her head for quite some time. She keeps scratching the scab off when it starts to heal. We've been doing what we can to keep on top of it by putting anti-biotic on it each time the wound is opened. Finally I decided to call the vet to see what could be...
  5. Errowyn

Funny holiday stories

We've all got our funny stories that revolve around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all of them. One of mine is about Christmas. I was in my early teens when the neighborhood began a small tradition that lasted for a few years. People would buy an extra Christmas tree and put it out on their...
  6. Errowyn

Photography, anyone?

Does anyone else practice photography? I've been thinking about trying it out for myself. After Mom's condition and Dad suddenly trying to start an online business I thought about trying photography and perhaps selling the prints for some extra money. With me though I've been thinking more...
  7. Errowyn

Round Robin Story B

"Boys, you're going to need more than just a hunch and some overheard talk to go and make accusations like that," Buck said. "How do we know you didn't mishear him. Being distant and acting differently isn't a crime. We all have times where we act different." Sam frowned at Buck's words as...
  8. Errowyn

Round Robin Story B

I'll give it a shot. "What about him?" Sam paused as his mind began to form the words, "There's something not quite right about him." "What's not quite right?" "It's a feeling..." "You'll need more than a feeling to start thinking there's something wrong about a person."
  9. Errowyn

Prayers for Mom, please

Today Mom was diagnosed with accute leukemia. Literally half the cells in her bone marrow are cancerous. She's being sent up to Stanford for professional hemotology treatment as well as chemotherapy. She could be up there for a month. The doctors say there's a good chance she'll survive...
  10. Errowyn

Round Robin Story B

"He's always odd," Justin said with a little laugh. Sam smiled and nodded a little, "Yeah, I suppose he is." "Why do you ask?" Sam considered lying for a moment but quickly abandoned it, "He seems a little hostile today." "Really?" "Yeah." "What about?" "I'm not completely sure...
  11. Errowyn

Round Robin Story B

"Justin, are you around?" Sam called out. "Back here! What's up?" Justin asked. Sorry about not being able to come up with something better. Life here has been a bit hectic and Dad is in a bad mood so I'm laying low.
  12. Errowyn

Round Robin Story B

I've never seen/read it myself. Sam's mouth opened and closed in an effort to quickly think up a response on why Bill couldn't have dinner with them. And yet no words would come.
  13. Errowyn

Round Robin Story B

"Well?" Sam asked. "Ahh, Sam, if you tell them they'll be aware but they won't leave the house. They don't want to leave. However when they do find out it becomes a battle of wills," Al said. "Meaning it's whoever gives up or gets kicked off first?" "Pretty much," Al said with a shrug...
  14. Errowyn

Round Robin Story B

"I said it's good to remember what you told me. Believe me, I don't want to cross you," Sam said. Because I don't want to have to go to prison for punching your lights out... Sam silently added. "That's good," Bill growled. "Now just remember to do as I told you." "Of course."
  15. Errowyn

Round Robin Story B

"Hold onto that deed and the money! Didn't you hear me the first time?" Bill hissed as he glared at Sam. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry about that..." Sam muttered. "Keep holding onto it until I give you the word." "Sure." "This isn't good Sam," Al said. "Bill tries to force Gerry's family off...