Search results

1. Al The Observer

Happy Birthday, Al Calavicci!

Happy Birthday to Al! :cheers (root beer)
  2. Al The Observer

Round Robin: Experiment: Flash RR

"What?! I'm telling you, this is a killer recipe!"
  3. Al The Observer

Round Robin: Experiment: Flash RR

"Okay. First, you need a few Habaneros," Al started. He stopped and looked at Sam. "Sam, you don't look so good."
  4. Al The Observer

Happy Birthday to Unknownforce!

Happy Birthday!
  5. Al The Observer

New Story: A Shot in the Dark

This is the sequel to my previous story, Roll with the Punches. I had planned to complete it last January (2007), but I hit a brick wall made of writer's blocks. :banghead My apologies to all my readers. A Shot in the Dark Enjoy! Edit: I forgot to thank my betas! :o Many thanks go out to...
  6. Al The Observer

Happy Birthday, LunarCrystal!

Okay, so I'm a day early. Sue me. ;) Happy Birthday, my friend! :hurray:
  7. Al The Observer

Need some help with a detail

If Sam leaps into someone, and then gets hurt, can others around him see the wound? My guess is probably yes. If Sam then leaps into someone else (who was previously unhurt), can others around him see the wound, or would it stay with the previous Leapee? I have no guess here, as I don't know...
  8. Al The Observer

Need some help with a screencap

Does anyone here have a high quality screencap that shows good detail of Al's gold wings pin? I'm working on something which involves said pin, and I need to know what kind of pin it is. Is it just a Naval Aviator pin, or is it a Naval Astronaut pin? Is there one anchor, or are there two...
  9. Al The Observer

A funny thing happened at work tonight

I am a police dispatcher for a small-town police department, and tonight, our officers travelled in time. They responded to a call at 0155 (1:55AM), arrived on the scene at 0159, and went back in service at 0106. 8)
  10. Al The Observer

An appeal to our English forum members

In light of the current flooding disaster that is taking place (tens of thousands without power or running water due to the worst flooding in 60 years), please check in with us and let everyone at Al's Place know you're okay. Thanks!
  11. Al The Observer

Man and Machine

A short ficlet loosely based on personal experiences. Man and Machine Enjoy!
  12. Al The Observer

Happy Birthday to...

...my good friend, leaper1!
  13. Al The Observer

Items for autographs

This was brought up in a thread on the regular QL forum. May I bring an escrima (a cylindrical stick of wood 24"-26" long and about 1" diameter, used in Filipino Martial Arts) for Dean to sign? What are California's laws regarding possession of weapons such as these?
  14. Al The Observer

I can't believe we all missed it! (Dean's Birthday)

A very belated Happy Birthday to one of our favorite actors, Dean Stockwell! It was on March 5. :o Happy Belated Birthday! :hurray:
  15. Al The Observer

Roll with the Punches

I am completely indebted to my friend asearcher for her help with this story. Without her, it would still be in my head and not in print. Thank you, Helen! Roll with the Punches The first in a set of stories that provides a little twist to the normal operations of PQL.
  16. Al The Observer

One discovers interesting connections...

...when one browses Wikipedia and IMDb. Stephen McHattie, the actor who played Stawpah in Mirror Image, was at one time married to Meg Foster, the actress who played Laura Fuller in the Trilogy episodes. Just thought you'd like to know...
  17. Al The Observer

Happy Birthday to...

...Samantha Beckett! Happy 20th! :hurray:
  18. Al The Observer

A new Dean clip is on YouTube

I found it pretty hilarious, especially at the beginning. There's some dialogue that may be somewhat inappropriate for the kiddies, so just be warned. (Note the word said at 00:17 ;) ) Here it is I looked up the show on IMDB, but Dean is not listed anywhere on the site.
  19. Al The Observer

A question/suggestion (autograph book)

Once we get all the guest stars confirmed, can we have made an autograph book, similar to a passport or stamp-collecting book? It can have on each page a picture of the guest in QL character, with the character's name and the actor's name, and a blank space for an autograph. Just a thought... :)
  20. Al The Observer

Round Robin: Please feel free to add to this new R. R.

Michael continued, "I remember Cheryl's sister, uhh, um, I can't remember her name! Why can't I remember her name?!" "Some slight memory loss is a byproduct of this experiment. It happens to everyone," Al said, emphasizing the word "everyone" by waving his cigar. "You'll get your memory back...