8 /12 months - weird cravings

Bexter

Project QL Intern
Mar 13, 2007
Western Australia
www.myspace.com
Ok - Was reading up on peoples opinions of episode 8 1/2 months and in particular about the pregnancy cravings. I was wondering about people weird cravings when they were pregnant and thought I'd share mine. Please feel free to add yours and others you have heard of, it totally fascinates me

Pregnancy 1 - Mars Bars! Hated them before I was pregnant and after but while I was pregnant would happily have had them on intraveanous drip

Pregnancy 2 - Tuna - at it for breakfast, lunch and tea, my child of pregnancy 2 is now highly intellegent, but Hyperactive!!

Pregnancy 3 - Hungry Jacks (Burger King) Grilled Chicken Burgers, couldn't drive past without buying one

Also was staring longingly at terracotta pots (read my post in 8 1/2 months) but thankfully never ate one!!

With Mom when she was expecting me she craved fruits, taco bell, and tuna. She was constantly sending Dad to the grocery store. She even ate an entire watermellon in one sitting.

With my brother it was chicken, peanut butter burritos, and jam. It didn't matter what kind of jam it was she'd eat it right out of the jar.

Baby 1 - I had to have cheese and onion pastys at least one a day.

Baby 2 - Just all food and lots of it... but i couldnt stand cooking chicken, even now (two years on) i struggle to cut it up raw and have to buy it pre cut.

My mum craved stout when pregant with one of my brothers.

With two out of the three pregnancies, I remember I craved warm egg salad (boiled eggs with mayonnaise). It had to be slightly salty, and it had to be warm. And Burger King milk shakes.

Also, I couldn't abide the smell of vanilla; to this day, I can't handle vanilla candles.

sparkyclarkie said:
Baby 2 - Just all food and lots of it... but i couldnt stand cooking chicken, even now (two years on) i struggle to cut it up raw and have to buy it pre cut.

My mum craved stout when pregant with one of my brothers.

Yeah I think that some of the cravings stay with you, I still love tuna and fish in general and grilled chicken burgers

I drank stout while I was breastfeeding and developed a love for it which I will take to the grave :roflmao:

Sam's Crow said:
Ever since watching the episode 8 1/2 months, I've been curious about what jelly with onions taste like. I don't know why.

If you ever decide to try that out for yourself, then be sure to tell us all just what that tastes like. I'd be very curious to find out. :x

I don't know if I want to imagine jelly and onions mixed together. :x

I never liked onions and I got sick off jell-o once. It's a funny story now but when it happened oooooh boy.

Mom loves running into the room carrying either a box of jell-o or shoving it my face already made and saying, "Look at what I've got!"

cravings p.2

Errowyn said:
I don't know if I want to imagine jelly and onions mixed together. :x

i have i'm a sucker for food. i get that from my sicilian grandfather. he loved food & had an iron gut like my dad who's canadian & scottish.

it's not all that bad & all not good either. it's just me though. kinda tastes like drinking kool-aid & eating onions but that's how i compare it to.

but then again i like laruke.

laruke? is a pastry that my italian grandma makes...it has fried onions, anchoives, & golden raisins in a streudel type dessert. it's delicious.

laestrella said:
i have i'm a sucker for food. i get that from my sicilian grandfather. he loved food & had an iron gut like my dad who's canadian & scottish.

it's not all that bad & all not good either. it's just me though. kinda tastes like drinking kool-aid & eating onions but that's how i compare it to.

but then again i like laruke.

laruke? is a pastry that my italian grandma makes...it has fried onions, anchoives, & golden raisins in a streudel type dessert. it's delicious.

Interesting.8)

I was at work the other day in the canteen and i was saying about weird cravings and one of them said when she was pregnant she loved to eat paper, especially bus tickets. She said she would just nibble the edge and by the time she got home it was gone!

How strange.

sparkyclarkie said:
I was at work the other day in the canteen and i was saying about weird cravings and one of them said when she was pregnant she loved to eat paper, especially bus tickets. She said she would just nibble the edge and by the time she got home it was gone!

How strange.
Um Yes!! I think its up there with wanting to eat terracotta pots :nut

I actually have a weird non-pregnancy fettish and thats Macca's fries dipped in soft serve ice-cream which I have everytime I go to Macca's, in fact I've just come from Macca's and I just had then less than 2 hours ago.... am I the only one??

I've never been pregnant but I quite often have a craving for granny smith apples. I'll buy a whole bunch of them and eat them in about a week.

Yeah, every now and then I get some sort of weird craving, although I'm not pregnant (far too young to be even thinking about giving birth). I wonder why.

I think I've said elsewhere that with Bob I craved raw carrots, and with Becky it was McDonalds banana milkshake.

The weirdest thing though is what I used to eat for packed lunch when I was at school, which had all the girls teasing me that I must be pregnant.

Couldn't stomach it now (even I wasn't a reformed chocoholic) and don't know how I ate it then....

Cheese and chocolate spread sandwiches!:hair

Errowyn said:
With Mom when she was expecting me she craved fruits, taco bell, and tuna. She was constantly sending Dad to the grocery store. She even ate an entire watermellon in one sitting.

Actually I've heard of a lot of people craving tuna, (as I did and E's mum) often a craving is because of a dietry need but does not necessarily satisfy it, women who crave ice are iron deficient. So I wonder if craving tuna is a because of some deficiency.

leaper1 said:
Couldn't stomach it now (even I wasn't a reformed chocoholic) and don't know how I ate it then....

Cheese and chocolate spread sandwiches!:hair

Wow! And people thought I was weird for putting lettuce on a peanut butter sandwich when I was a kid. But peanut butter is so heavy and gooey, and lettuce adds a little light crunch. Just what it needs.

And why is it as soon as the midwife said you cant eat soft cheese and soft boiled eggs, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Thats all i wanted to eat!

I to ate alot of tuna but i didnt think anything of it cause i eat it quite a bit anyway.

When i was a kid i love raw potato, peeled of course.
And my ex always eats chesse and jam sandwhichs.

sparkyclarkie said:
When i was a kid i love raw potato, peeled of course.

Oh thats just sooo funny, I was going to add somewhere above how my 8 year old daugher just LOVES raw potato and is alway hanging around when I'm peeling them..... "mummy cut some off for meeeeeeeee pleeeeeeeeease"

That sounds like me when I was that age. I'd do the same thing too.

But then when I was five I put the potatoes in the dryer because I thought you dried potatoes that way. It's been just over twenty years and Mom still cracks up over it.

sparkyclarkie said:
Gosh it seams im not alone with this potato thing. And my mums been telling me how strange it was.:lol

I loved raw potato when I was a kid too! I don't remember how I got started with it, but Mom would always give me a little peeled piece to eat. I thought it was yummy.