• Fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alsplacebartender

Al's Place Bartender
Staff member
Ben finds himself headed into orbit aboard the Space Shuttle Atlantis in 1998. Addison confides to Ian about a discovery and finds herself at odds with Magic and Jenn.

Rate and comment on the episode!

Last edited:
All the garbage of present time QL lab stuff feels like just padding, just fluff. We don't care. We care about the leaper, his/her struggle and mission, and the outcome.

Really. No. We don't care about the lab.

I happen to like the present day things. I get why people are divided on the new series. The heart and soul of the original series is Sam's struggles during the leap, and that is embodied in the scenes where Ben is doing what he needs to to right the wrongs. If this new show did that I would be just as happy. The reason I kind of like the present day things in the lab is because its a great vehicle to extend Sam and Als story. If the show solely focused on the leap I don't think the loose threads from the original would be tied up. Plus its a great way to see other characters from the original series show up. When Beth's scene came on it made me smile. Her character played so much into Als character in the og series it was nice to see that and it made me feel like Al was still apart of the story. albeit removed. Sam and Als influence over the folks at the project is palpable and I enjoy seeing that.

All the garbage of present time QL lab stuff feels like just padding, just fluff. We don't care. We care about the leaper, his/her struggle and mission, and the outcome.

Really. No. We don't care about the lab.[/QUOTE/]

YOU don't care maybe.but I am.enjoying it

A little better then the pilot. Less action more personal stuff.
The problem? The chemistry between the characters is still not there.
I liked the episode more, but I have to agree that they're focusing too much on the present day and not enough on the past.
I also think the stories so far isn't touching enough or deep enough. Not enough personal issues like we had in the OG.
So far It mostly make me want to rewatch the OG series. It was nice seeing Beth, but i'm not sure i like the direction they're taking with Al's daughter - Janis. BTW i think they could find a better name for her character.