John64

Project QL Intern
Mar 20, 2018
Quantum leap

A leap for Al

This story is dedicated

To Dean Stockwell

March 5, 1936 – November 7, 2021

Who recently passed at the age of 85 of natural causes.

May he always be remembered as Al.

Chapter 1

Al was sat in Sam's office. Sitting on Sam's leather chair in front of his desk. It had seem like a lifetime ago since Sam's first quantum leap into time.

And it felt like to Al that sam would never return home.

But he could not except that. Sam was his buddy and he would do almost anything in his power to bring him home.

He started to drink his coffee slowly which he poured out of the nearby drinks machine. Slowly thinking to himself what could he do to save Sam from being lost in the black hole of time.

Al looked at the nearby picture of Sam with his brother Tom. and he studied the picture for a while and he said to himself talking as if Sam was in the room with him.

" I will bring you home Sam if its the last thing I'll do"

he owned it to Sam's family to his wife and even to the project it self it wasen't only the past that needed him his future needed him to even more!

later on that evening Al walked into the control room wearing his admiral uniform and it was the early hours of the morning the head programmer and the rest of the staff had gone to bed and Ziggy was on low power to save as much power as possable.

Al slowly walks into the centre of the room looks at the imaging chamber for a moment with his hands in his pockets and then he says

"am bringing you home Sam if it kills me!"

Immediately Al runs over to the console turns the time machine on sets the controls on the console to leap near where Sam has currently landed into time. when everything was ready Al changes into a white quantum leap suit runs towards the imaging chamber and prepares to quantum leap!

he stands on the Quantum leap pad and slowly raises his hands slowly above his head and as if by magic the time machine fires into action and Al is covered from head to toe in quantum leap blue light he boldly quantum leaps into time on a rescue mission. and its to late for the project to stop him!

A leap for Al

Quantum Leap

Chapter 2

It felt like to AL he was traveling through the clouds. very high up in the sky his soul was traveling like a speeding bullet it felt like he had just been fired out of a gun and he was like superman traveling at super high speed towards his friend he just hoped he would reach him and he woulded get too lost too deep into time.

all he could think about was his friend he kept his eyes shut willing that god, fate or time would help him and woulded go against him. this leap was a selfless mission he knew he had to bring Sam back otherwise who would.

not long after this he could feel himself slowing down and then to his horror his soul fell out of the sky and Al quantum leaped into......

with a wash of intense blue light Al finished leaping in and after the light faded away. He found himself wearing a admiral uniform he was sat at a deck in a office and he got up quickly and he found himself which appeared like a army base of some kind. he walked over to the nearby mirror and through the looking glass a stranger was looking back at him.

he wasent use to this and now he could relate to Sam he was a leaper and all he wanted to do now was pull Sam out if he could one final leap to bring his friend home.

suddenly his head started to hurt and his memory's became like cheese, swiss cheese and his memory's of his own time started to fade......

meanwhile

After a wash of blue light Sam found himself laying on a bed and once the quantum leap was over.

he rose up and noticed he was wearing a army uniform with a dog tag around his neck and he looked at himself in the nearby mirror a young man was looking back at him.

it felt like he had leaped back into bingo but he knew it wasent him by his refection in the mirror he just hoped what time and fate had instore for him this time he hoped he could continue to make a difference.

meanwhile project quantum leap.

alarms was ringing all over the place and the head programmer ran back into the control room to see what was going on.

after a small investigation he knew that someone had used the time machine and suddenly he could hear Als voice from the imaging chamber.

running up the ramp and after opening the door Al was acting strange and it was very easy to realise what had just happened Al had leaped and a new visitor was in his body. the head programmer turned all the alarms off and helped Al to the waiting room now both Sam and Al where lost in time!

Chapter 3

chapter 3

Al was looking out of the office window trying to find his bearings in his new time and place suddenly he heard behind him the sound of the imaging chamber door open and close.

Al knew this time would come for him to explain himself.

he turned around and he saw Gooshie looking back at him not looking to happy.

Al's memory was like a ice berg his memory was leaving him fast and he says to Gooshie

"I have to find Sam"

Gooshie looks down at the multi-coloured handlink infront of him taps the device very carefully and says.

"Dr beckett is here"
"where?"

"first tell me why you leaped without telling anyone you where going to go after Sam?"

Al looked really uncomfortable but continued to say.

"my memory is leaving me fast but i had too his present needs Sam as much as time does. because if i dont pull Sam out who will?"

gooshie listening very carefully even tho he didn't really approve he understood why....

and the next thing Al said was.

"wheres Sam?"

meanwhile

like any leap Sam was getting use to his new surroundings he already learnt from his dog tags from around his neck he had leaped into someone called

"scott woods"

and he was a new army recruit suddenly gooshie appears behind Sam and he turns around. Shocked to see him of stead of Al he quickly says to the head programmer.

"wheres Al?"

the head programmer taps the link and says

"Al is here he has quantum leaped to bring you home Sam"

Sam was in complete shock but he smiled thinking of home and what it would be like to return home back to his own time and place.

even tho Sam was traveling through time apart of him did want to go home because he did miss home. but another part of him did want to carry on leaping putting right what once went wrong. because even tho he was lost in time he was making a difference.

sam said to the hologram

"i cant go back not until i know why am here?"

gooshie quickly taps the handlink the device in his hands glows red, yellow and green and some information appears on the device.

meanwhile project quantum leap......

both Sam's and Als body was both in the waiting room and both visitors was confused as each other.

both people had seen there reflections inbeded in the table in the mirror.

"how is it possable we both look different in thr mirror?" said scott talking from Sam's body.

"i don't know i honesty don't know" from the person who looked like Al.

with both of them feeling like they have both been kidnapped and are now prisoners in some kind of prisoner cell.

Al said to Sam

"at all costs we need to escape from this cell"

"am with you" said scott