A Leap For Lisa - Beth Photo

heatherb

Project QL Intern
May 25, 2009
Iowa
When did Beth and Al get married? I watched A Leap For Lisa twice (absolutely love it) and noticed that Bingo (Al) had a picture of Beth on his dresser, yet he was being intimate with Lisa. Was he just dating Beth at this time or cheating? Just curious. Thanks!

I could have sworn it was of Beth. I'll rewatch it to confirm.

If it was Lisa... if she had lived, would Al have ever met Beth?

It's Beth, I haven't rewatched it but I'm certain. The second I saw the picture, I said out loud "It's Beth! He leaped into Al!"

Anyone have any theories about what's going on then?

7.jpg

0622092357.jpg

It's Beth (bad comparison picture, but you can tell).

I think Lisa happens to look a lot like Beth, and the photo is Lisa. My memory of the dates is slipping, but I think A Leap for Lisa happened in 1957 and Al married Beth in 1961 or so. Remember, Lisa was married. She didn't get divorced, and Al had to move on.

I could have sworn it was of Beth. I'll rewatch it to confirm.

If it was Lisa... if she had lived, would Al have ever met Beth?

This is a question I've been wondering about too:
now that Lisa survived wouldn't Al stay with her? Of course the relationship may have ended in the new timeline, but they seemed to be well matched.

I think Lisa happens to look a lot like Beth, and the photo is Lisa. My memory of the dates is slipping, but I think A Leap for Lisa happened in 1957 and Al married Beth in 1961 or so. Remember, Lisa was married. She didn't get divorced, and Al had to move on.

Ooooo, I see it now. They do look a lot alike, similar face shapes.

terryfarrell.jpg

The actress who played Lisa.

Had she survived and not crashed, maybe she would have left her hubby for Al.

This is a question I've been wondering about too:
now that Lisa survived wouldn't Al stay with her? Of course the relationship may have ended in the new timeline, but they seemed to be well matched.

Exactly. Something to ask Donald next convention :) :cheers

As I recall this question is addressed in the Virtual Seasons. Not Canon, I know, but it is handled in a very interesting and sensitive manner.

As I recall this question is addressed in the Virtual Seasons. Not Canon, I know, but it is handled in a very interesting and sensitive manner.

I'm still new to QL, what exactly is the Virtual Seasons? I found the site... is it a fan based thing?

I agree with leaper1, it is revealed in the fan fiction series of Vitual Seasons (season 7, I believe). While it is indeed not canon, it is probably the best explanation.

By the way, heatherb, on the main forum, under "Fan Fiction and Creations", there is a section for Virtual Seasons, which is a fan fiction based on Quantum Leap. Here's a link, though.

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Can someone give me a summary of how it was solved? If it's not too much of a spoiler, I'm a lazy reader :)

It's been a while, I'm afraid, and I don't want to botch it up, so I'm going let either someone who has read the story more recently tell it, or one of the authors. :help

So if it is Lisa (which it appears to be), wouldn't people notice if Al had a picture of a married woman in his room on his dresser? :eek The relationship wouldn't be so secret.

So if it is Lisa (which it appears to be), wouldn't people notice if Al had a picture of a married woman in his room on his dresser? :eek The relationship wouldn't be so secret.

Do people think it's strange for a boy to have posters of attractive women in his room? No. I think it's no secret that Al and all the other men thought Lisa was a knockout, so it's not surprising that he had a photograph of her - to get him through the long, lonely nights, so to speak...

The military is like a fraternity in this episode. No one would have "ratted Al out" to the husband. Peer pressure would keep loose lips quiet about the photo.

Did they say (in the episode) that the unseen husband was also in the Service? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Do people think it's strange for a boy to have posters of attractive women in his room? No. I think it's no secret that Al and all the other men thought Lisa was a knockout, so it's not surprising that he had a photograph of her - to get him through the long, lonely nights, so to speak...

But Lisa's not a celebrity or a pinup girl that anyone could have a picture of. She's a married woman whom Al knows personally--and so does everyone else, if she's a nurse on the base. If Al has a picture of her, he should keep it carefully hidden, because it's very questionable. I guess discretion isn't his strong point. :) Anyhow, I guess his affair with Lisa was pretty much an open secret--everyone knew (except the senior officers) but no one talked about it.

Hi Folks, Would someone Please do me a Favor and connect-the dots, on how Beth in this episode connects to the Last episode Mirror Image. In the last episode Sam leaps to speak to Beth. How does that story line happen? Thanks.